E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Vessel: CARMEN (04/27/2007)

08-10-2007, 02:19 AM   #353
fragadellic
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snohman View Post
Thanks Frag...
it was a long time coming.
I got kind of lazy and had all these parts just sitting around.

I need to change the oil on her as she's hit 2k ( a little overdue, I know).
LOL...it's monsoon season in PHX and since I have another car to drive, the 335i coupe stays in the garage if there is any chance of precipitation!!! I JUST hit 1,200 miles on Tuesday night LOL!!!!! Had the car since May 30th!!!

I have all the stuff to do the oil change this weekend. I'll report back on the condition of the oil!
      08-10-2007, 08:04 PM   #354
snohman
Volk Whore
Rep
Drives: nothing

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by fragadellic View Post
LOL...it's monsoon season in PHX and since I have another car to drive, the 335i coupe stays in the garage if there is any chance of precipitation!!! I JUST hit 1,200 miles on Tuesday night LOL!!!!! Had the car since May 30th!!!

I have all the stuff to do the oil change this weekend. I'll report back on the condition of the oil!
Cool thanks!
I took the day off today, took my wife to work, and went to my parents' house to set up their wireless router. Then I gave the car a bath and put a quick coat of wax on her. I might rain next week, so better protect it
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2007, 09:17 PM   #355
fragadellic
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Cool thanks!
I took the day off today, took my wife to work, and went to my parents' house to set up their wireless router. Then I gave the car a bath and put a quick coat of wax on her. I might rain next week, so better protect it
You might rain next week??!?!!? LOL!!! Just yanking your chain a bit!!
Did the first oil change after break-in this afternoon, at 1,467 miles. Not bad at all. I am a big believer of making sure the oil is at operating temp before doing the oil change, even though several on this forum think it's OK to do it cold.

Anyway, getting the oil filter cap off was a BEEE-OTCH because it was so frigging hot. Had to use clean gardening gloves and even then it was slow going. I stuffed paper towels around the housing to catch any drips. Just lile everyone said in the DIYs, when you get close to it being loose, you'll hear the air sucking in and the oil in the housing draining into the pan...cool!!!

It was pretty hot today, 114 outside and 111+ in the garage when I was doing the oil change!!!!

Last edited by fragadellic; 08-13-2007 at 12:30 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2007, 12:04 PM   #356
snohman
Volk Whore
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
You might rain next week??!?!!? LOL!!! Just yanking your chain a bit!!
Did the first oil change after break-in this afternoon, at 1,467 miles. Not bad at all. I am a big believer of making sure the oil is at operating temp before doing the oil change, even though several on this forum think it's OK to do it cold.

Anyway, getting the oil filter cap off was a BEEE-OTCH because it was so frigging hot. Had to used clean gardening gloves and even then it was slow going. I stuffed paper towels around the housing to catch any drips. Just lile everyone said in the DIYs, when you get close to it being loose, you'll hear the air sucking in and the oil in the housing draining into the pan...cool!!!

It was pretty hot today, 114 outside and 111+ in the garage when I was doing the oil change!!!!
Damn!
you must've been sweating a beast!

Well they predicted temps in the 100's but w/ scattered t-storms. but who knows...they're never right.

Luckily my wife drives the car to work and it sits in an underground structure. Hopefully the 1.5 miles she drives it each way, it clears up

I'm debating on coilovers.... KW V2/V3 or Bilstein PSS9's happen to know any info on either?
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2007, 12:30 PM   #357
fragadellic
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Damn!
you must've been sweating a beast!

Well they predicted temps in the 100's but w/ scattered t-storms. but who knows...they're never right.

Luckily my wife drives the car to work and it sits in an underground structure. Hopefully the 1.5 miles she drives it each way, it clears up

I'm debating on coilovers.... KW V2/V3 or Bilstein PSS9's happen to know any info on either?
Actually I don't. Probably do a search in the suspension & brakes sub-forum.
Man, if your wife is only driving it 3 miles a day, you should be in great shape. If I take the E92 to work, it's 60 miles roundtrip, but it's a FUN 60 miles!!! Looks like the monsoon is going to take a break this week so should have it at work.

The hardest part was getting it on the ramps. With the OEM front lip, I had to use some 2"x4"s in front of the ramps to clear, and was really careful and smooth on the upslope. Great feeling getting the break-in oil out of there though. All in all, it was pretty easy. I'm going to look for a strap or cap wrench to use on the oil filler cap next time!!!
      08-13-2007, 01:02 PM   #358
snohman
Volk Whore
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Actually I don't. Probably do a search in the suspension & brakes sub-forum.
Man, if your wife is only driving it 3 miles a day, you should be in great shape. If I take the E92 to work, it's 60 miles roundtrip, but it's a FUN 60 miles!!! Looks like the monsoon is going to take a break this week so should have it at work.

The hardest part was getting it on the ramps. With the OEM front lip, I had to use some 2"x4"s in front of the ramps to clear, and was really careful and smooth on the upslope. Great feeling getting the break-in oil out of there though. All in all, it was pretty easy. I'm going to look for a strap or cap wrench to use on the oil filler cap next time!!!
Yeah I really have to get this oil out of here too.
what's funny is I feel like our car clears the parking block even better in our structure w/ the oem lip on, and with the bigger wheels on.

I'm going to really have to find time to do this oil change.
what oil did you use? 2x4's always do the trick!
Have fun driving her to work!
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2007, 01:21 PM   #359
fragadellic
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Yeah I really have to get this oil out of here too.
what's funny is I feel like our car clears the parking block even better in our structure w/ the oem lip on, and with the bigger wheels on.

I'm going to really have to find time to do this oil change.
what oil did you use? 2x4's always do the trick!
Have fun driving her to work!
It doesn't really change the ground clearance, but it does extend the lip out a bit beyond the stock bumper cover, which is the problem. The lip hits the ramps before the tires start to climb the ramp. I could have lifted it with the jack and adapter, then slid the ramps under, but I had the 2x4s lying around so I just cut a couple of them to 20" or so and they worked fine.

Based on the stuff I read in the oil change DIYs, I went with Mobil 1 0W-40. I bought a couple filters from Chapman BMW on Camelback in Phoenix, which were $11.20 each. The other two dealers in town were $14.34 at Chapman BMW on McDowell and $19.60 at BMW North Scottsdale, which is rediculous. The $11.20 price is pretty good for 1each. I know you can get them for under $10 each if you buy a bulk pack of 10, but I don't want them sitting around that long...

Really the hardest part of the oil change was getting that filter cap off without burning myself. The rest was easy. I actually got out the torque wrench and torqued the oil pan bolt, which I don't normally do. Then again, this is my first oil change on a $50K+ car...
      08-13-2007, 01:53 PM   #360
snohman
Volk Whore
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
It doesn't really change the ground clearance, but it does extend the lip out a bit beyond the stock bumper cover, which is the problem. The lip hits the ramps before the tires start to climb the ramp. I could have lifted it with the jack and adapter, then slid the ramps under, but I had the 2x4s lying around so I just cut a couple of them to 20" or so and they worked fine.

Based on the stuff I read in the oil change DIYs, I went with Mobil 1 0W-40. I bought a couple filters from Chapman BMW on Camelback in Phoenix, which were $11.20 each. The other two dealers in town were $14.34 at Chapman BMW on McDowell and $19.60 at BMW North Scottsdale, which is rediculous. The $11.20 price is pretty good for 1each. I know you can get them for under $10 each if you buy a bulk pack of 10, but I don't want them sitting around that long...

Really the hardest part of the oil change was getting that filter cap off without burning myself. The rest was easy. I actually got out the torque wrench and torqued the oil pan bolt, which I don't normally do. Then again, this is my first oil change on a $50K+ car...
I guess I will try and give it a go this weekend...
Thanks for the tips!
which DIY were you using btw?
man even though the car has come, and we've had it for a month, the obsession doesn't die. the thing is so darned fun to drive!
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2007, 02:34 AM   #361
fragadellic
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I guess I will try and give it a go this weekend...
Thanks for the tips!
which DIY were you using btw?
man even though the car has come, and we've had it for a month, the obsession doesn't die. the thing is so darned fun to drive!
LOL!! I hear you!!!! Here is the link for the DIY...

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44590
      08-14-2007, 02:04 PM   #362
snohman
Volk Whore
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
LOL!! I hear you!!!! Here is the link for the DIY...

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44590
Thanks bud...
I ran across it last night
time to go pick up parts and get started!
There is also something else I'll be adding once the new oil gets put in
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2007, 02:22 PM   #363
fragadellic
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Thanks bud...
I ran across it last night
time to go pick up parts and get started!
There is also something else I'll be adding once the new oil gets put in

LOL!!!! I hear you!!!
      08-14-2007, 02:28 PM   #364
snohman
Volk Whore
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

LOL!!!! I hear you!!!
great minds really do think alike don't they?
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2007, 05:21 PM   #365
snohman
Volk Whore
Rep

Garage List
Hey guys...just posting a couple update pics of the car

how is everybody else doing?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-01-2007, 01:46 AM   #366
fragadellic
Captain
Rep

Holy crap that looks AWESOME

Almost makes me wish I got AW!!!! That is totally hawt!!! Just perfect from head to toe!!! The OEM front lip and reflectors and wheels/tires/drop look PERFECT!!!!!!!
      09-01-2007, 01:49 AM   #367
fragadellic
Captain
Rep

Quick now, isn't it!!!
      09-05-2007, 07:11 PM   #368
snohman
Volk Whore
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Holy crap that looks AWESOME

Almost makes me wish I got AW!!!! That is totally hawt!!! Just perfect from head to toe!!! The OEM front lip and reflectors and wheels/tires/drop look PERFECT!!!!!!!
Quote:
Quick now, isn't it!!!
LoL
thanks man, I might raise her up a tad, but not sure yet. We'll probably make final adjustments when i take her in to get aligned and corner balanced

Yeah, she does feel a TAD quicker than before
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2007, 04:17 PM   #369
fragadellic
Captain
Rep

Quote:
LoL
thanks man, I might raise her up a tad, but not sure yet. We'll probably make final adjustments when i take her in to get aligned and corner balanced

Yeah, she does feel a TAD quicker than before
You know, your is one of maybe a couple of white 335i coupes that I would be happy to have in my garage. My last 5 cars have been white, but this one was a special toy for me, only a daily driver when the weather is good (which like SoCal, is most of the time, except in monsoon season), so black was OK.

But yours is definitely one of the sweetest coupes on this forum. Not overdone, everything just looks SCHWEET!!!
      09-11-2007, 11:06 AM   #370
snohman
Volk Whore
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
You know, your is one of maybe a couple of white 335i coupes that I would be happy to have in my garage. My last 5 cars have been white, but this one was a special toy for me, only a daily driver when the weather is good (which like SoCal, is most of the time, except in monsoon season), so black was OK.

But yours is definitely one of the sweetest coupes on this forum. Not overdone, everything just looks SCHWEET!!!
Thanks for the compliments!!
Yeah, it still feels weird being in a white car, but I guess since it's the wife's daily driver, it's ok Everytime I see your car, it makes me miss black though, coming from 3 previous black cars. Just had her detailed by a friend of mine, and although it looked better than it has ever, it still doesn't "pop" like a black car would after detailing.

I hope you're enjoying the car when you can!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2007, 01:02 AM   #371
fragadellic
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the compliments!!
Yeah, it still feels weird being in a white car, but I guess since it's the wife's daily driver, it's ok Everytime I see your car, it makes me miss black though, coming from 3 previous black cars. Just had her detailed by a friend of mine, and although it looked better than it has ever, it still doesn't "pop" like a black car would after detailing.

I hope you're enjoying the car when you can!!!
I'm loving it!! My car is pretty unique right now, since there are few cars in the USA with the style 230 rims, and I would bet none in Arizona. But since you can now order them as an option, I expect they'll become more common. One thing though, I definitely wouldn't want runflats on the 19's. The ride is really nice now, but it wouldn't suit me with runflats in the 30/35 aspect ratio...

When are you going to get to a dragstrip with the other SoCal forum members? I would love to see what your car runs. It will probably be late October before it's cool enough here to make it worthwhile!!!
      09-14-2007, 06:26 PM   #372
snohman
Volk Whore
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I'm loving it!! My car is pretty unique right now, since there are few cars in the USA with the style 230 rims, and I would bet none in Arizona. But since you can now order them as an option, I expect they'll become more common. One thing though, I definitely wouldn't want runflats on the 19's. The ride is really nice now, but it wouldn't suit me with runflats in the 30/35 aspect ratio...

When are you going to get to a dragstrip with the other SoCal forum members? I would love to see what your car runs. It will probably be late October before it's cool enough here to make it worthwhile!!!
Yeah, the best thing anybody could do is ditch the runflats for any kind of spirited driving I agree with ya there!

as for dragging the car...I'm not a huge drag racing person, I used to be in my old honda days , but not as of late. I just love the "real world" drivability of my car in its current "state" .
As for sheer speed...I'm living vicariously through "Walked U"'s car
that guy's car is just ridiculous. He was parked a couple cars down from me where those pics from above were taken. The car sounded like an animal!!
And now w/ the V2 and a custom tune...I'm sure you've seen those vids w/ the M5's...he's pretty famous now
Appreciate 0