E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > No sound from speakers

10-25-2022, 01:11 PM   #1
MaTa9652
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E91 330D

Unhappy No sound from speakers

Hi,
I have a problem with the speakers on my E91 330D. I have a CCC head unit that had a few issues recently. It wouldn't turn on but continually tried to, lighting up and shutting down again. Occasionally it would power up normally and work like it should, only to freeze and shut down again sometime later, my rear parking sensors also stopped working. Fuzes should be alright, so I pulled out the head unit itself to have a closer look at the wiring and found out that when you wiggle the main harness it turns the head unit on or off. I took it out, blew out any dust a put it back in a position where it worked. But when I tried to use the radio, the speakers stayed silent. Even the warning sounds indicating the broken taillight didn't do any sound.
Even though I have a base/stereo system, I checked if the optic cable above the brake paddle lights up, and it does, but that probably doesn't mean anything because I don't have amp. What other reasons could there be for the speaker not to work all of the sudden? Or is the head unit just broken? Is there any way to diagnose the problem?
Thanks for any advice.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2022, 04:43 PM   #2
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

Most probable the deck is dead .
You could bench test it if you know how to do that.
Get a 12 volt supply hook it up and find some cheap speakers to test the output.
Or try it in another car with the same Base System .
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2022, 12:15 AM   #3
MaTa9652
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E91 330D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctuna View Post
Most probable the deck is dead .
You could bench test it if you know how to do that.
Get a 12 volt supply hook it up and find some cheap speakers to test the output.
Or try it in another car with the same Base System .
The deck? Is that some sort of module? Or is it just slang for the head unit and I’m just being stupid? 😅🤣
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2022, 02:04 AM   #4
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

Head unit = Deck
Appreciate 0