E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > NEW Meguiar's DA Microfiber Correction System has revolutionized detailing!

02-16-2011, 05:00 PM   #1
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

NEW Meguiar's DA Microfiber Correction System has revolutionized detailing!

BRAND NEW Meguiar's DA Microfiber Correction System has revolutionized detailing!
This unique system is using brand new technology with a microfiber buffing pad and new polishes specifically built to optimize the new kind of microfiber pads when used with a DA Buffer (Dual Action i.e. Porter Cable 7424XP Random Orbital Buffer) . The results are nothing short of stunning! Meguiar's even states in their ad..."Revolutionizing paint defect removal and surface finishing with No Swirls..GUARANTEED"!

Meguiar's DA Microfiber Correction Compound
The Meguiar's DA Microfiber Correction Compound combined with the Meguiar's DA Microfiber Cutting Disc Buffing Pad can remove moderate to heavy swirls in ONE STEP with a Porter Cable 7424XP Random Orbital Buffer. Check out the before and after pictures of this 1992 Red Ferrari 512 TR.

BEFORE

AFTER

Meguiar's DA Microfiber Finishing Wax
Meguiar's DA Microfiber Finishing Wax can be used after the Correction Compound to further polish and protect the paint. The Finishing Wax is actually more of an AIO product because it contains both a polish and a wax in one bottle. Use this step after the Correction Compound or use it by itself for a one step process. It can noticeably remove swirls while leaving a coating of protection behind. For best results make sure you are using it with the new Meguiar's DA Microfiber Finishing Disc Buffing Pad.

MUST READ!Ask a Pro Blog Meguiar's Articles
The results from these new products is truly outstanding, however the application method is just slightly different than most polishes so using the proper techniques is critical. To better understand the application process and to view the amazing results we highly recommend you check out the articles from our Ask a Pro Blog. Several expert professional detailers, who write for our blog, were privileged to be amongst a few elite detailers who tested this system with Meguiar's development team. They have used these products extensively to help ensure the Meguiar's DA Microfiber Correction System would be exceptional.

Product Review: DA Microfiber Correction System by Todd Cooperider

Product Review: Meguiar’s DA Microfiber Polishing System with Video by Chad Raskovich

Product Review: Meguiar’s Microfiber DA Pads and Polishes by Greg Nichols

Product Review: Meguiar’s DA Microfiber Pads and Polishes by Ivan Rajic

Pre-Order Sale
These products are brand new and they are being shipped out to us very shortly. If you want to ensure you get one of the very first bottles/pads we recommend taking advantage of our pre-order sale. We expect the products to be in stock on 2/22 so we'll ship out your entire order on this day. If you purchase any of the New Meguiar's products during our pre-order sale we will include 3x FREE DI Microfiber All Purpose Towels when you use the coupon code NewMegs.

All New Meguiar's Products:
D300 DA Microfiber Correction Compound 16oz, 32oz and 128oz
DA Microfiber Cutting Disc 5" and 6" (2 pack)
D301 DA Microfiber Finishing Wax 16oz, 32oz and 128oz
DA Microfiber Finishing Disc 5" and 6" (2 pack)
Meguiar’s 5" DA Backing Plate
Meguiar’s 6" DA Backing Plate
5" DA Microfiber Correction System Starter Kit
6" DA Microfiber Correction System Starter Kit

If you have any questions about these products or any part of your detailing process please let me know!

Greg @ DI
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2011, 05:14 PM   #2
fisherbln
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe

I've been reading great stuff about this from the beta testers on the detailing forums. Glad they're finally coming out!
      02-16-2011, 05:16 PM   #3
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep

Yes we've been waiting a long time as well to finally announce the product. It's really going to change detailing quite a bit in my opinion. If you want to see what more professional detailers experienced with these products don't forget to check out these articles:

Product Review: DA Microfiber Correction System by Todd Cooperider

Product Review: Meguiar’s DA Microfiber Polishing System with Video by Chad Raskovich

Product Review: Meguiar’s Microfiber DA Pads and Polishes by Greg Nichols

Product Review: Meguiar’s DA Microfiber Pads and Polishes by Ivan Rajic
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2011, 05:43 PM   #4
Craig@SupremePower
G.O.A.T.!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 GMC Yukon XL

hmmmm...
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2011, 05:57 PM   #5
Black Sheep
A Zip an a Double Cup
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i

I might have to give this a shot on black

PTF Tuned | RB's | AMS FMIC | AR DP's | HPF Exhaust | CP-E DCI | Apex Arc 8's | 235/275 Star Specs |
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2011, 06:22 PM   #6
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep

It's really an outstanding group of products that I think is going to catch on very quickly. I know the hype comes and goes with many products but I really believe this is going to change detailing. If you have any questions please let me know.

You can see some before and after shots here of some black paint - http://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-P...-and-polishes/

Greg @ DI
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2011, 08:18 PM   #7
McMuffin
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Widebody 92

Niiice!!
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2011, 11:27 PM   #8
ideliver
Major
Rep
Drives: E60 M5, E71 X6M, E46 M3

Garage List
2006 BMW E46 M3 'vert  [0.00]
2008 BMW M5  [0.00]
2011 BMW E92  [0.00]
2012 BMW X6M  [0.00]
2003 E46 M3  [0.00]
well...i ordered the 5" kit (with a bunch of other crap.$233.42 to be exact)...i'm either a sucker or an early adopter...time will tell...

Appreciate 0
      02-17-2011, 01:45 AM   #9
MuttGrunt
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: beater;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ideliver View Post
well...i ordered the 5" kit (with a bunch of other crap.$233.42 to be exact)...i'm either a sucker or an early adopter...time will tell...
Likely an early adopter...
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2011, 07:45 AM   #10
DimSum
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: SLOW

Interesting.. So what exactly do we need? The lake country mounting plate does not work for this kit I assume?
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2011, 08:39 AM   #11
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep

When testing this product they determined backing plates with a very short hook and loop worked much better, therefore they highly recommend their own backing plate instead. Here is what we recommend:

Meguiar's DA Professional Backing Plate - ideal backing plate for a PC 7424 XP or other quality dual action (aka DA) buffer
Meguiar's DA Microfiber Correction Compound applied with Meguiar's DA Microfiber Cutting Disc Buffing Pad
Meguiar's DA Microfiber Finishing Wax applied with the Meguiar's DA Microfiber Finishing Disc Buffing Pad

This two step combo is all you need to polish and protect your paint. It will remove the vast majority of surface imperfections and leave the paint glossy and smooth! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Greg @ DI
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2011, 08:41 AM   #12
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ideliver View Post
Definitely an early adopter....

Todd Cooperider has been using these products regularly for the last couple of months on various cars and the results have been consistently outstanding. You can see some of his work with this system and his product review here - http://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-P...ishing-system/
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2011, 09:33 AM   #13
tofu-
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i Jet Black/Coral Red

I'm interested, but it seems to be promoting the PC. I i use this setup on my flex for equivalent results?
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2011, 10:01 AM   #14
MuttGrunt
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu- View Post
I'm interested, but it seems to be promoting the PC. I i use this setup on my flex for equivalent results?
Of course Detailed Image is going to promote it with the PC: the Porter Cable is the most popular of the smaller DA's, the smaller DA's are what this system was specifically designed for, and the PC is the smaller DA that Detailed Image carries.

This system can work with the Flex - make sure you get the 6.5 inch pads unless you have the smaller backing plate. The flex's backing plate is rather stiff which should help it to get similar results as the smaller DA's. Chad AKA Rasky did a great review of the system that can be viewed on the Ask-A-Pro blog and talks about how the backing plate does seem to make a difference: http://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-P...ection-system/

In that review he states "I was using non-Meguiar’s backing plates at first and there is definitely a difference."
I've heard similar comments from other pros across the nation that have been testing this system as well. All in all, many view the system as M105 with a longer work time with slight more cut and finishing ability.

I hope this helps, and if you're not looking to purchase right now: no biggie. I can guarantee you'll be hearing A LOT of good things about it in the near future that'll convince you that it'll be a key in your Spring detailing
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2011, 10:14 AM   #15
tofu-
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i Jet Black/Coral Red

thank you muttgrunt!

also, i was wondering what finishing pad i should use on my jet black paint if i want to try their "finishing wax" combo.

i was reading the review by Ivan Rajic, and he states the supplied pad, coupled with the wax combo was too aggressive for Jet Black oem bmw paint.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2011, 10:22 AM   #16
Bobble
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Whatever POS the wife leaves

I have a question, I know it's early in the product's life cycle but how do you guys feel about the one pad for the entire car approach? Currently with foam I use 3 to 4 of the same color pads per car per polish so a 3 step is 12 pads, from what I gather on the reviews it's just two pads with this system. I have seen how they clean up but all that gunk from one pad all passes seems like you might transfer "stuff" to the paint. Your feelings on this.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2011, 11:31 AM   #17
MuttGrunt
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu- View Post
thank you muttgrunt!
also, i was wondering what finishing pad i should use on my jet black paint if i want to try their "finishing wax" combo.
i was reading the review by Ivan Rajic, and he states the supplied pad, coupled with the wax combo was too aggressive for Jet Black oem bmw paint.
If Ivan said it - you can certainly believe it. Jet Black as you know is a nightmare. Here's my person advice for such a color:
You get the Meg's DA correction compound on the DA compound pad using the DA correction compound backing plate. Follow that up with Meguiar's 205 on a black pad (or maybe even white), and finally finish with Menzerna Final Finish on a blue pad.
While this exciting new system is going to be a home run, it's not going to be 100% effective on all finishes... such as Jet Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
I have a question, I know it's early in the product's life cycle but how do you guys feel about the one pad for the entire car approach? Currently with foam I use 3 to 4 of the same color pads per car per polish so a 3 step is 12 pads, from what I gather on the reviews it's just two pads with this system. I have seen how they clean up but all that gunk from one pad all passes seems like you might transfer "stuff" to the paint. Your feelings on this.
Bobble - good news: one of the big advantages with this new system is you only need one pad for an entire car according to multiple reports. The key is to keep cleaning the microfiber pad using a strong jet of compressed air. Taking a couple of minutes to thoroughly clean a pad after each panel or two is completely worth the money savings - I'm sure you'll agree to that!
The bad side is that you'll need an air compressor to get the most out of the system. While it's not NEEDED, I'd certainly recommend it: a smaller tank comes in handy around the house to fill bike tires / check tire pressure in your car, and now can also save you a lot of money on pads.

Hope my advice helps some of your fellow car enthusiasts, and I hope Greg and crew over at DI don't mind me chiming in
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2011, 01:24 PM   #18
kmoto
vroom
Rep
Drives: Grocery Getter

Garage List
2023 G80 M3 Comp  [0.00]
2020 F82 M4  [0.00]
2018 BMW 440i  [0.00]
2015 BMW 328i  [0.00]
2007 335i e92  [10.00]
Hey Greg,

Great info! Glad to see Meg is introducing some new products

I'm probably going to jump on this offer but I was adding up prices, etc. and it seems that if I were to buy all the supplies (and same qty.'s) included in the 5" starter kit separately...it's cheaper?

...unless the "free" apron isn't really "free"? lol. Just wanted to confirm.

I've read the reviews and they're pretty impressive but I wanted to hear/read your feedback for these products regarding the dreaded, Jet Black car? My car is CPO and the dealer did a DAMN good job of covering up the imperfections. I'd say there's some moderate to heavy markings.

Talk about swirl heaven.

- kevin
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2011, 09:39 AM   #19
McMuffin
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Widebody 92

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmoto335i View Post
Hey Greg,

Great info! Glad to see Meg is introducing some new products

I'm probably going to jump on this offer but I was adding up prices, etc. and it seems that if I were to buy all the supplies (and same qty.'s) included in the 5" starter kit separately...it's cheaper?

...unless the "free" apron isn't really "free"? lol. Just wanted to confirm.

I've read the reviews and they're pretty impressive but I wanted to hear/read your feedback for these products regarding the dreaded, Jet Black car? My car is CPO and the dealer did a DAMN good job of covering up the imperfections. I'd say there's some moderate to heavy markings.

Talk about swirl heaven.

- kevin
Good catch man

Also, what size pad would deliver better results? 3, 5, 6" pad?
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2011, 09:49 AM   #20
I335
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '08 335i Coupe

I have a Griot's random orbital - will it work with this?
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2011, 09:50 AM   #21
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep

The new Megs products will work with a Flex very well. The Flex has a lot more power. I would use the Meguiar's DA Microfiber Correction Compound at speed 2 and the Meguiar's DA Microfiber Finishing Wax at speed 1.5.

For the number of pads I would suggest about 1 - 2 per coat, but remember you should regularly give it a brushing and/or use compressed air on it for ideal results. They were also built to be extremely durable so you should be able to use them for quite a while with the proper care.

For the darker colors and certain kinds of clear coats you may want to follow up with another polish. This also depends on your expectations, because if you expect nothing short of perfection you'll be more likely to need a second set of polishes. Some people are happy with very good results, so again it depends on the customer. It also depends on your application method, if you want to remove more imperfections and you apply more pressure you would be more likely to see haze on darker colors. If you do see some haze I'd recommend following up with a black or white pad and the M205 or Menzerna PO106FA.

If you have any other questions please let me know.

Greg @ DI
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2011, 09:52 AM   #22
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMuffin View Post
Good catch man

Also, what size pad would deliver better results? 3, 5, 6" pad?
All of the pad sizes will work very well. We currently don't have the 3" in stock but it should be here in about two weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I335 View Post
I have a Griot's random orbital - will it work with this?
Yes it will but again make sure you have a backing plate with a shorter hook and loop like the Meguiar's Professional DA Polisher Backing Plate W67DA.

Greg @ DI
Appreciate 0