E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > RDC Module coding

08-21-2018, 01:11 PM   #23
Yinkolous
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M6

Hello David in Germany

Please can you help? I just replaced my CCC unit but the RDC option is grayed out - I noticed it when I changed the unit but didn’t think I need to worry for now.

I have NCS Expert and I know my way around ish! I’ve managed to add some features etc. When I checked the status, RDC doesn’t not show up where you have CAS FZD etc. I also noticed that the vin number for the ccc is not the same which is expected. I supposed that that needs changing? 2 other modules have a different vin number.

I see you have hands on knowledge and wondered if you can guide me through to change vin numbers and also to make the ccc unit detect the rdc module. The module itself is not faulty but after changing tyres last week, I needed to reset the run flat warning which is a pain in the backside to say the least. I’ve read I. Some posts that I need to do S_RESET but again no clue how to do this.

Please I need help. Anyone too who can help is welcomed.

Last edited by Yinkolous; 08-21-2018 at 01:13 PM.. Reason: Added more info
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2018, 01:14 PM   #24
david in germany
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 118i, 335i and 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yinkolous View Post
Hello David in Germany

Please can you help? I just replaced my CCC unit but the RDC option is grayed out - I noticed it when I changed the unit but didn’t think I need to worry for now.

I have NCS Expert and I know my way around ish! I’ve managed to add some features etc. When I checked the status, RDC doesn’t not show up where you have CAS FZD etc. I also noticed that the vin number for the ccc is not the same which is expected. I supposed that that needs changing? 2 other modules have a different vin number.

I see you have hands on knowledge and wondered if you can guide me through to change vin numbers and also to make the ccc unit detect the rdc module. The module itself is not faulty but after changing tyres last week, I needed to reset the run flat warning which is a pain in the backside to say the least. I’ve read I. Some posts that I need to do S_RESET but again no clue how to do this.

not really sure how to attack the ccc unit. Did you try to default code the module?
2009 335i Saphire Black M Sport "Leopold" Cobb stage 2 aggressive tune, Mishimoto FMIC, Cobb charge pipe, Cobb catted down pipes, Forge diverter valves, BMS inlets and DCI, Cyba scoops and M Individual Audio retrofit and M3 gauge cluster retrofit.
2011 328i Titan Silver M Sport "Franzel" <--Wife's car
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2018, 11:14 AM   #25
Joe@TopGearSolutions
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yinkolous View Post
Hello David in Germany

Read VO from CAS or FRM, then default code the CCC using NCS Expert.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2018, 08:05 AM   #26
YuCrew
Rep
Drives: N/A

Info Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyW View Post
Problem solved. Got tpms coded out and ftm activated.
AndyW: Can you elaborate on the solution. I assume when you said problem solved, your ebay item was NOT defective and you solved that one. Or in fact, did you buy another part? Additional steps you used would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 07:59 PM   #27
AndyW
Supreme Galactic Commander (one galaxy over...)
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E93, '12 E82, '13 E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuCrew View Post
AndyW: Can you elaborate on the solution. I assume when you said problem solved, your ebay item was NOT defective and you solved that one. Or in fact, did you buy another part? Additional steps you used would be appreciated.
Part didn't work. Did not get another one. Paid a coder to code out TPMS and activate FTM (european version that uses the ABS system to sense a flat).

'12 E82-PS2,Stoptechs,Clubsports+M3 bits,Accusump,Wagner DP+EVO III FMIC,ERCP,BMS Intake,Mason Strut Bar,Wedge Tune
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2018, 04:40 PM   #28
YuCrew
Rep
Drives: N/A

Maybe repairing RDC is easier than coding replacement one

I was able to REPAIR my RDC and this was much more straightforward and easier for me than coding since I've only coded my BMW twice in the last 7 years. Perhaps this video will help you attempt a repair especially if you've already decided to buy a new part and code or have a new part installed and coded. You've got nothing to lose by attempting a repair and if you're successful, you avoid coding and $$$.

Appreciate 0
      01-12-2019, 02:23 PM   #29
Snowcatt
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW M3

RCSexpert 64 instructions

I've read many blogs but never found a thread that explains how to actually operate RCSexpert. I have it coded, have the proper Daten, have a cable, but how do you actually pull the program from the car, run SG-Reset, reinstall it, etc?
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2019, 03:57 PM   #30
Snowcatt
Rep

SG - Reset

I only need to "initialize" a new RDC, which I believe is done with SG-Reset. How do I do that?
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2019, 05:58 PM   #31
DimitrisM3
e90 my big fat lady!
Greece
Rep
Drives: e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by david in germany View Post
not really sure how to attack the ccc unit. Did you try to default code the module?
Lot of guys they ask for your help like me . I need to initialize rdc sensors I change to winter tyres and system says initialize rdc
Make a video how to do it with ncs expert and we will be greatfull 💪🏻
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2019, 12:00 PM   #32
david in germany
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 118i, 335i and 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimitrisM3 View Post
Lot of guys they ask for your help like me . I need to initialize rdc sensors I change to winter tyres and system says initialize rdc
Make a video how to do it with ncs expert and we will be greatfull 💪🏻
Sorry guys, it will take a bit of time but I will see if I can stir one up.
2009 335i Saphire Black M Sport "Leopold" Cobb stage 2 aggressive tune, Mishimoto FMIC, Cobb charge pipe, Cobb catted down pipes, Forge diverter valves, BMS inlets and DCI, Cyba scoops and M Individual Audio retrofit and M3 gauge cluster retrofit.
2011 328i Titan Silver M Sport "Franzel" <--Wife's car
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2019, 03:12 AM   #33
DimitrisM3
e90 my big fat lady!
Greece
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by david in germany View Post
Sorry guys, it will take a bit of time but I will see if I can stir one up.
I will wait for you bro ! is
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2019, 08:37 AM   #34
LMB335IS
Sua Sponte
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 LMB 335is

Garage List
2013 BMW 335is  [8.84]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DimitrisM3 View Post
I will wait for you bro ! is
If you know how to default code (expertmode) a module you would simply substitute "SG RESET" as the job instead of "SG CODERIEN" and run it.
      01-17-2019, 01:22 PM   #35
DimitrisM3
e90 my big fat lady!
Greece
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMB335IS View Post
If you know how to default code (expertmode) a module you would simply substitute "SG RESET" as the job instead of "SG CODERIEN" and run it.
I am new in coding but I think I will make it ..
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2019, 09:40 PM   #36
rmguna
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

RDC Module Reset

I got everything setup and communicating with my 2011 328i. After replacing the RDC module trying to reset it. Below is what I am using and what I am getting. Any help or tips is much appreciated.
Using NCS-Expertentool V4.0.1, CoAPI: V3.13.2, KrAPI: 3.0.2, Ediabas: V7.3.0
Cable I got: BMW K+DCAN OBD2 Cable Switch FTDI FT232RL Tools INPA EDIABAS NCS EXPERT ISTA
https://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-K-DCAN-...72.m2749.l2649

Error:
[13:55:35.717] [2019-02-18] [SERIE] 2020 Error LFCDHDIA.CPP (A_E65R.IPS/IPO) CDHapiResultText 1
[13:55:35.717] [2019-02-18] [SERIE] SG antwortet nicht IFH-0009: SG nicht angeschlossen oder meldet sich nicht RDCKWP

[13:55:35.842] [2019-02-18] [SERIE] 2020 Error COAPI2.CPP coapiRunCabd 6
[13:55:35.842] [2019-02-18] [SERIE] SG antwortet nicht CODIERINDEX_LESEN

[13:55:38.546] [2019-02-18] [SERIE] 2020 Error LFCDHDIA.CPP (A_E65R.IPS/IPO) CDHapiResultText 1
[13:55:38.546] [2019-02-18] [SERIE] SG antwortet nicht IFH-0009: SG nicht angeschlossen oder meldet sich nicht RDCKWP

[13:55:38.664] [2019-02-18] [SERIE] 2020 Error COAPI2.CPP coapiRunCabd 6
[13:55:38.664] [2019-02-18] [SERIE] SG antwortet nicht CODIERDATEN_LESEN
Attached Files
File Type: doc Error.doc (43.5 KB, 72 views)
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2019, 02:39 PM   #37
bk335ilci
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i Alpine White

I am also having trouble trying to reset the RDC
This the error I am getting
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-15-2019, 08:33 PM   #38
Snowcatt
Rep

Can someone offer a little clarity on this topic?

I've been through most of the E90 RDC coding procedures on this site and others, and concluded there are lots of ways to skin a cat. I'm also starting to think that "one size fits all" doesn't apply in this case.

I downloaded the software and some good tools from Revtor on Bimmerpost, BimmerGeeks, and here, but I can't get my RDC reset. I installed a new RDC on my 09 E90 (it's about a foot behind the front left wheel under the protective pad under the car). I can attach and communicate with the car via a K+DCAN cable, and I can load NCS Expert (run as Administrator), load the NCS Dummy profile, setup the parameters (F1, F3) for my car, load the E89 Daten and select CAS, process the ECU, Select the RDC module (RDCLC), select SG Reset, and Execute. It says it's coding and then "Job Complete" but I still have the TPMS errors.

I've been studying this for some time and it's actually pretty interesting, but I'm teetering on the brink of taking it to the dealer. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks,
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2019, 09:19 PM   #39
rmguna
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Try this

Are you sure you got the right part. I had similar issues with having the wrong part. The part I had looked exactly the same with the same connector. But was not right. Try this:
https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh...php?p=12918851
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2019, 12:38 PM   #40
Snowcatt
Rep

Thanks RM... That's a great link and I'm looking into it. I'll let you know how it turns out.

I really appreciate your help,
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2019, 12:51 PM   #41
gbalthrop
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowcatt View Post
...I can't get my RDC reset. I installed a new RDC on my 09 E90 (it's about a foot behind the front left wheel under the protective pad under the car). I can attach and communicate with the car via a K+DCAN cable, and I can load NCS Expert (run as Administrator), load the NCS Dummy profile, setup the parameters (F1, F3) for my car, load the E89 Daten and select CAS, process the ECU, Select the RDC module (RDCLC), select SG Reset, and Execute. It says it's coding and then "Job Complete" but I still have the TPMS errors.
I'm NOT aware of ANY model E90 that has the RDC "behind the front left wheel" -- are you SURE that location description is accurate, and if so, can you attach a photo of the part you are referencing.

On the 2009 E90 RDC system as described in TIS, the RDC is the TPMS Control Module, and it is mounted in the right side of the TRUNK, inside the vehicle:
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...r-rdc/F5ubM8wQ

If you have a vehicle built AFTER 9/1/2009, it is a different design and is located beneath the vehicle, behind the Right REAR wheel:
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...rdc/1VnXco7Yww

If you will indicate what BMW-specific software/Scan Tool you have (such as INPA), perhaps someone can help suggest some diagnostic steps.

On systems built BEFORE 9/1/2009, AFAIK the ONLY component of TPMS in the Left Front Wheel well is the "Transmitter" (there is one in EACH of the 4 wheel wells), and THAT does NOT need to be programmed if replaced.
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e90-328i-lim/RrD9fbN

Here is the TPMS wiring diagram showing ALL components for < 2009/08:
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...ontrol/vEMv9gS

George
Appreciate 1
      04-16-2019, 01:51 PM   #42
Snowcatt
Rep

Hi George: Thanks a million for your help on this. I hope I'm not confusing terminology, but I thought the RDC was essentially the antenna. My original part number is 6771043-01 and the replacement I received is 6771043-03. I'll attach a photo of my original part and the location behind the drivers wheel, below the drivers feet, under the car and above the sound proofing pad. The part is hanging down but you can see the plastic holder on the floor support.

I have a TPMS scanner which says all the wheel modules are functional, and my logic says the wheel transmitters must be ok since the entire system is in error vs one wheel. That brought me to the antenna as the likely culprit.

Anyway, what are your thoughts?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-16-2019, 04:15 PM   #43
Snowcatt
Rep

Hi George: After looking through all the links you provided I've concluded that I shouldn't be left alone with a computer and a cable. It seems that people randomly use RDC to refer to almost any part of the TPMS system, and now I'm questioning everything I thought I knew.

-Does a new antenna require coding?
-I know my wheel sensors are good; will INPA diagnose the wheel transmitters?
-Will INPA diagnose the main control module?

So, where to go next... Will INPA shed some light on this?

Thanks George,
Jon
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2019, 06:53 PM   #44
gbalthrop
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowcatt View Post
...It seems that people randomly use RDC to refer to almost any part of the TPMS system, and now I'm questioning everything I thought I knew.
-Does a new antenna require coding?
-I know my wheel sensors are good; will INPA diagnose the wheel transmitters?
-Will INPA diagnose the main control module?
So, where to go next... Will INPA shed some light on this?
Hi Jon,

We're chasing each other on cross-posts on different forums. I added more specific info on how to diagnose with INPA on your Bimmerfest thread. Since there should NOT be any coding (NCS Dummy/Expert), just INPA diagnostics, I'll just reply to your posts on Bimmerfest. As a last post here, the part you show is the ANTENNA (on the PRE- 9/1/2009 models or models before 2010), and NOT the RDC MODULE itself.

BMW & TIS seem to use RDC (Reifen Druck Control/ Tire Pressure Control) for the entire system, as well as the Control Module itself. Here is the RealOEM.com page showing that part by BMW Part# as it appears in your photo. First four digits, 36 23 (Main Group / Subgroup) are NOT shown on the part. RealOEM.com will usually find the part just by the last 7 of 11 total digits.

When you post again on Bimmerfest, it would be helpful to add you Model, Chassis, Engine, & build Month/ Year: e.g. 2007 328xi, E91, N52K, 03/2007 since TIS (Online Service Manual) references are based upon that info.

George
Appreciate 0