E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > RDC Module coding

04-16-2019, 06:53 PM   #45
gbalthrop
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowcatt View Post
...It seems that people randomly use RDC to refer to almost any part of the TPMS system, and now I'm questioning everything I thought I knew.
-Does a new antenna require coding?
-I know my wheel sensors are good; will INPA diagnose the wheel transmitters?
-Will INPA diagnose the main control module?
So, where to go next... Will INPA shed some light on this?
Hi Jon,

We're chasing each other on cross-posts on different forums. I added more specific info on how to diagnose with INPA on your Bimmerfest thread. Since there should NOT be any coding (NCS Dummy/Expert), just INPA diagnostics, I'll just reply to your posts on Bimmerfest. As a last post here, the part you show is the ANTENNA (on the PRE- 9/1/2009 models or models before 2010), and NOT the RDC MODULE itself.

BMW & TIS seem to use RDC (Reifen Druck Control/ Tire Pressure Control) for the entire system, as well as the Control Module itself. Here is the RealOEM.com page showing that part by BMW Part# as it appears in your photo. First four digits, 36 23 (Main Group / Subgroup) are NOT shown on the part. RealOEM.com will usually find the part just by the last 7 of 11 total digits.

When you post again on Bimmerfest, it would be helpful to add you Model, Chassis, Engine, & build Month/ Year: e.g. 2007 328xi, E91, N52K, 03/2007 since TIS (Online Service Manual) references are based upon that info.

George
Appreciate 0