E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > 2011 E91 iDrive not working

04-03-2024, 12:16 PM   #1
Alfy1987
Registered
Rep
Drives: E91

2011 E91 iDrive not working

Hi all, I’m reaching out in desperation that someone may have experienced the same issue and can point me in the right direction. I’ve invested quite a lot into solving but with no luck.

I have a 2011 e91 which was getting warnings of a low battery, before the battery was replaced the drive screen stopped working, no radio, Bluetooth, chimes or parking sensors.

I replaced the battery and noticed that corroding in the tray had occurred. All of the terminals were repaired but it’s still not working.

I’ve checked the fuses and all seem ok, I’ve had the unit out and checked the fuses in there as well and that seems ok. Last time the car was in the garage they reported that the windows stopped working and the lights were flashing whilst it was in the garage - a new image was put onto the control module and solved that issue but still no idrive…unsure if it’s related anyway?

Voltage has been checked and power seems to be getting to the unit. Backed up by a noise from the Cd drive, a short intermittent noise, almost as if it’s trying to read a disk which suggests it has some kind of power.

And just to make things even worse, when a passenger sits in the front, I get an airbag and seatbelt warning light - again, unsure if related but sharing all the symptoms.

Any recommendations or advice much appreciated, as I am all out of ideas. I have searched and read many forum posts, so now going with my own with 🤞🏻
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2024, 05:37 PM   #2
ace e
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i

You may need to replace your head unit. i have a 2011 e90 and the head unit would only turn on once a week and the rest of the time would make the "zit zit" sound like it was trying to turn on. If you do replace it, you will need to learn how to code in the acoustics (i found it on youtube) and then the nav (i am trying to do that now.
Appreciate 0