E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > SPONSORS Classifieds/Groupbuys/Specials Area > Wheels and Tires > APEX Wheels | Classic Forged Line

11-15-2019, 03:53 PM   #1
Expert@ApexWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: M3

APEX Wheels | Classic Forged Line

Questions?
Call: 925-245-0773
Email: expert@apexraceparts.com
Web: www.apexraceparts.com
Hours: M-F 9a-5p PST

ARC-8R & EC-7R

Everything you love about the original, now enhanced with all the added benefits of forged manufacturing.

➡︎ Significantly increased strength

➡︎ Improved brake clearance

➡︎ Paintless knurled beads

➡︎ New premium finishes

Order Now

ARC-8R / EC-7R

Available Finishes

Even More Strength

“Forged” doesn’t mean strong. Many forged wheels focus on weight reduction so much that they end up with the same load rating as cast wheels. Think all forged wheels are stronger than cast or flow formed? Think again. We've added up to 1,000 pounds of extra load capacity per vehicle compared to our flow formed line.

Learn more about why not all 'forged' wheels are strong.

Better Brake Clearance

The flow formed ARC-8 was our first design, so it features our older barrel profile with compromised brake clearance. Typical blank forgings (the starting point many other manufacturers use) can have even worse clearance than our original flow formed wheel. By developing our own proprietary new profiles and new dies, the 18" ARC-8R and EC-7R can clear Brembo 380mm kits and the 19" version can clear BMW 410mm carbon ceramics.

Learn more about why we had to create our own new forging dies to clear big brakes.

Paintless Knurled Beads

Not all knurling is created equal. To reduce unwanted tire spin as much as we could, we protected our knurling from paint to keep them sharp. We didn’t take the cheaper shortcut of painting over the bead area, which makes the knurling smoother and rounder. See and feel the difference.

Learn more about why our forged wheels have unpainted knurled beads.

New Premium Finishes

Our forged wheel line enabled us to release premium finishes we’ve always hoped for. Fully polished aluminum and hand brushed with tinted clear now join a wide range of painted finishes, with more to come. Our forged wheels not only deliver performance, but also provide distinctive new styling as well.

Tailored Fit, Right Off-The-Shelf

APEX is known for stocking a wide variety of chassis specific fitments to meet the needs of a very diverse enthusiast community. We’re releasing those same street, track and race proven fitments and more in our new forged line. New lower production requirements allow us to cater to even the most niche segments of the BMW market that may have previously been off limits.

Weight Optimized

We conducted extensive Finite Element Analysis to reinforce high-stress areas and to remove material where it didn’t improve strength. The end result is a fully forged wheel with an ideal balance of strength and weight.

JWL & VIA - More Than Just a Stamp

Many companies promote their wheels as being certified by the VIA when they actually aren’t. That’s like using the USDA logo on food without permission. APEX Classic Line forged wheels are tested and registered by the VIA in Japan, and we have the proof to back it up. Japan’s JWL is a standard for wheel load ratings. Our forged wheels exceed those ratings by almost 20%. Most manufacturers only meet the minimum, while some even fall below—yet they still claim to be JWL. Always verify load ratings before you buy.

Learn more about VIA and JWL

Additional Features

Hub Centric - All APEX BMW wheels with a 5x120mm bolt pattern are purpose built featuring a 72.56mm center bore. No centering rings required.

Center Caps - We don't charge extra for caps and we design our BMW wheels to be interchangeable with the OE roundel cap for enthusiasts seeking a clean factory look. All wheels come with our gloss Black APEX caps included. We also offer optional gloss red or gloss blue APEX caps.

Hardware - APEX wheels can be used with all OEM mounting hardware, proper aftermarket hardware and wheel spacers. Wheel locks and stud conversion kits also work perfectly.

TPMS - All APEX wheels accept OEM and aftermarket Tire Pressure Monitoring Sensors and standard fit valve stems. If your vehicle isn’t equipped with sensors or you choose to bypass them for your track/race car, then select from our metal stems available in multiple finishes.

Lifetime Warranty

All our forged wheels come with a lifetime structural warranty and 1 year finish warranty, so you can be confident in your purchase.

APEX Wheel Replacement Program

Let’s face it: Whether you are a weekend warrior practicing at the track, a club racer pushing the limit for a podium finish, or your daily commute involves crater-ridden minefields known as city roads, mistakes happen and parts will be damaged along the way. We are not really a performance company if we sell wheels in a way that penalizes the pursuit of driving at the limit. For this reason, we stepped up and created a program to significantly reduce the costs of properly maintaining a set of wheels by making replacements extremely affordable.

Our unique APEX Wheel Replacement Program offers eligible customers replacement wheels at 50% off our standard prices.

Learn more

Order Now

ARC-8R / EC-7R

Fitment Guides

We know what fits. From direct bolt-on to all-out race fitments and everything in between. We've street and track tested extensively to save you the trial-and-error. View our fitment guides.

APEX Forged Wheel Gallery

Wheel & Tire Packages

Shop Tires

For your convenience, wheel and tire packages are now available at APEX. Our knowledgeable BMW Product Experts hand pick some of the best compounds available from prominent brands like Michelin and Nitto, and we’ve priced them competitively.

All wheel and tire packages include free mounting and road force balancing by our trusted enthusiast technicians. We use high-end, touchless equipment and inspect every wheel and tire combo thoroughly before they leave our warehouse.

Order Now

ARC-8R / EC-7R

Questions?
Call: 925-245-0773
Email: expert@apexraceparts.com
Web: www.apexraceparts.com
Hours: M-F 9a-5p PST

Last edited by Expert@ApexWheels; 11-12-2021 at 05:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2019, 03:54 PM   #2
Expert@ApexWheels
Rep

Introducing the ARC-8R

Race Silver

Anthracite

Satin Black

Brushed Clear

Polished

Introducing the EC-7R

Race Silver

Anthracite

Satin Black

Brushed Clear

Polished

Last edited by Expert@ApexWheels; 12-16-2020 at 02:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2020, 06:42 PM   #3
Expert@ApexWheels
Rep

New and improved: A classic returns!

Our highly popular ARC-8 design recreated as the new forged ARC-8R.

08-31-2020, 06:15 PM   #4
Expert@ApexWheels
Rep

APEX Forged: Stronger than ever and ready to ship.

Our new forged offerings have significantly higher load ratings with over 1000 LBS of additional capacity for 4 wheels in an 18" diameter compared to our already strong flow-formed wheels! The increase in load rating allows these new wheels to better cope with the demands that sticky tires, heavy cars, and high downforce present.

This E90 is track ready with 17" EC-7Rs:

Specs:

Front & Rear: 17x9" ET42 EC-7R in Brushed Clear
12mm spacer (Effective offset of ET30)
255/40-17 Toyo RR tires

Last edited by Expert@ApexWheels; 12-16-2020 at 04:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2020, 10:12 AM   #5
AviatorBimmerFL
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i E92

Can you guys make these in a copper finish?
      09-10-2020, 05:48 PM   #6
Expert@ApexWheels
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AviatorBimmerFL View Post
Several of our EC-7R BMW fitments are available in Satin Bronze!

This is an image of a forged BRZ wheel, but the finish is identical to our BMW wheels.

-Tom
      09-10-2020, 08:12 PM   #7
AviatorBimmerFL
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expert@ApexRaceParts View Post
Quote:

[img]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...4ac99358_c.jpg[/img]

This is an image of a forged BRZ wheel, but the finish is identical to our BMW wheels.

-Tom
Oh nice! That is a beautiful color indeed. I have been looking at Forgestar F14s but I am starting to lean more on your EC-7R wheels since they are completely forged.

My car is a 2007 E92 Pre-LCI with rolled rear fenders.

Per your website's guide, can you confirm these will work on my car?

FRONT: 18x9 ET31 • 245/40ZR18
REAR: 18x10 ET33 • 275/35ZR18

Thanks!
      09-12-2020, 01:55 PM   #8
netsurfr1
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93 335i

I have an 08 e93 335i with sport package with 18" OEM wheels. I like the ECR7 but the oem wheels are 18x8 (front) and 18x8.5 (rears) and looking at your website I only see 18x8.5 and 18x9.5 so guessing your wheels would not be compatible with the OEM size tires?
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2020, 01:48 PM   #9
Expert@ApexWheels
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by netsurfr1 View Post
I have an 08 e93 335i with sport package with 18" OEM wheels. I like the ECR7 but the oem wheels are 18x8 (front) and 18x8.5 (rears) and looking at your website I only see 18x8.5 and 18x9.5 so guessing your wheels would not be compatible with the OEM size tires?
Thanks for the question! We also make an 18x9 ET30 EC-7r wheel as well which may work in conjunction with the 18x8.5 ET35 as a slightly narrower staggered option depending on the tire sizes you intend to run.

8.5 is the narrowest wheel we make in an 18" diameter. If you do intend to reuse your stock tires, they will likely be stretched on the wider APEX wheels, but depending on the size, they may still fit.

-Tom
      09-19-2020, 11:11 AM   #10
AviatorBimmerFL
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expert@ApexRaceParts View Post
Quote:

[img]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...4ac99358_c.jpg[/img]

-Tom
Oh nice! That is a beautiful color indeed. I have been looking at Forgestar F14s but I am starting to lean more on your EC-7R wheels since they are completely forged.

My car is a 2007 E92 Pre-LCI with rolled rear fenders.

Per your website's guide, can you confirm these will work on my car?

FRONT: 18x9 ET31 • 245/40ZR18
REAR: 18x10 ET33 • 275/35ZR18

Thanks!
Expert@ApexRaceParts

Can you confirm this setup for my vehicle? I'm on H&R Sports springs and Koni Yellows.
      09-19-2020, 08:31 PM   #11
Vivek.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335is coupe, e30 vert

Expert@ApexRaceParts

Looking for the 19" variants of these wheels, I see them in this table but not on the online store. Send me a PM if possible
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2020, 05:03 PM   #12
Expert@ApexWheels
Rep

Quote:
Expert@ApexRaceParts

Can you confirm this setup for my vehicle? I'm on H&R Sports springs and Koni Yellows.
Sorry we missed your question the first time!

18x9 ET31 with 245/40-18s should be a direct fit-up front

18x10 ET33 should fit with a 275 in the rear as long as the fenders are rolled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek. View Post
Expert@ApexRaceParts

Looking for the 19" variants of these wheels, I see them in this table but not on the online store. Send me a PM if possible

The 19" forged wheels have been delayed and are taking longer than we expected. We should have more details on ETAs and availability for these wheels in 2021.

-Tom
      10-16-2020, 06:16 PM   #13
Expert@ApexWheels
Rep

APEX End of Summer Sale ENDS TONIGHT AT MIDNIGHT!

All forged BMW wheels are on sale from now until October 16th.

Pick up your set before the season ends!

Last edited by Expert@ApexWheels; 12-16-2020 at 03:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2020, 02:44 PM   #14
Expert@ApexWheels
Rep

Polished and Brushed Clear finishes

Available only on the Forged ARC-8R and EC-7R

Last edited by Expert@ApexWheels; 12-16-2020 at 03:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2020, 03:48 PM   #15
Expert@ApexWheels
Rep

APEX Forged ARC-8R: Massive Brake Clearance

The ARC-8R addresses the biggest challenge we faced with the original flow-formed ARC-8: brake clearance. Thanks to new high-clearance forging blanks, 380mm brakes now fit behind the 18” version with plenty of breathing room.

Last edited by Expert@ApexWheels; 12-16-2020 at 04:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2021, 06:54 PM   #16
Expert@ApexWheels
Rep

The Fully Forged APEX EC-7R

Available in a wide range of finishes including Satin Black

01-22-2021, 04:18 PM   #17
Expert@ApexWheels
Rep

The fully Forged ARC-8R

Unlike our Flow Formed wheels, the Fully Forged APEX ARC-8R and EC-7R are offered with a profile 2 medium concave design even in the higher offset sizes. This allows all chassis to experience the awesome look of concave wheels.

02-05-2021, 04:15 PM   #18
Expert@ApexWheels
Rep

The Fully Forged EC-7R: More Brake Clearance Thank Any Other APEX Wheel

The APEX EC-7R improves brake clearance over the impressive amount offered by the Flow Formed EC-7. Forging allows us to reduce spoke thickness without compromising strength. As a result, the EC-7R has more brake clearance than any wheel we've ever made.

03-11-2021, 07:08 PM   #19
Expert@ApexWheels
Rep

Lighter and Stronger

The Fully Forged EC-7R is significantly lighter and stronger than the Flow Formed EC-7. By implementing Finite Element Analysis (FEA) to eliminate excess material, the EC-7R was made even lighter without sacrificing strength.

03-17-2021, 11:03 AM   #20
evotme
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i e82

I am willing to buy a set of EC-7R: I was wondering if there is any active discount available

thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2021, 11:41 AM   #21
Expert@ApexWheels
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by evotme View Post
I am willing to buy a set of EC-7R: I was wondering if there is any active discount available

thanks
Hello,

We do not have any discounts available at the moment. If you would like to subscribe to our newsletter to be informed of any upcoming sales, sign up at the bottom of our website home page.

-Ian
      04-06-2021, 05:13 PM   #22
Expert@ApexWheels
Rep

The Fully Forged ARC-8R in Brushed Clear

The Fully Forged ARC-8R offers the same classic look as the original with a far higher load rating, improved brake clearance, a reinforced inner lip, and unpainted knurled beads.