E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > 50MPH in 30 zone - and the result is...

05-14-2015, 02:49 AM   #45
Waspo
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: E90 330i M Sport, Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWSAWS View Post
Regardless of who is in the legal right or the wrong, the minority travelling at a slow speed present a danger to the majority travelling at faster speed due to probability and numbers alone.

If you travel at 70 while many others choose to travel at 100 the more cars who pass you and the greater the closing speed, the greater the chance of a collision as more cars share a common space at a given moment in time.

Hope that's clear.
So your argument is based on break the Law and stop being a danger to all the other law breakers?

You could say to the copper who pulls you over for doing 50 in a 40 Zone "Sorry office for speeding, but everyone around me was doing 50-60, and to stop me becoming a danger to these speeders, i broke the law and decided to do 50"

Unbelievable argument !! and may i say one that is likely to build a nice score in speeding points!!!

Of course i understand the physics in your post about closing speeds, distances, but what you are saying is that you must break the Law and speed otherwise you become a danger to the Twat doing a ton twenty!!!

Outstanding post!
      05-14-2015, 03:38 AM   #46
AWSAWS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 GC Turbos, FBO, 335i DCT

How many times can I re-iterate. Its simple probability. I have not said it's right.

Keeping up with the flow presents less of a danger. At one point this road was national speed limit. Then 50, then 40. People still drive on it like it's the former.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2015, 04:37 AM   #47
Waspo
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep

Quote:
How many times can I re-iterate. Its simple probability. I have not said it's right.

Keeping up with the flow presents less of a danger. At one point this road was national speed limit. Then 50, then 40. People still drive on it like it's the former.
Fair Enough,
      05-14-2015, 05:18 AM   #48
djgandy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Garage List
2011 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspo View Post
So your argument is based on break the Law and stop being a danger to all the other law breakers?

You could say to the copper who pulls you over for doing 50 in a 40 Zone "Sorry office for speeding, but everyone around me was doing 50-60, and to stop me becoming a danger to these speeders, i broke the law and decided to do 50"

Unbelievable argument !! and may i say one that is likely to build a nice score in speeding points!!!

Of course i understand the physics in your post about closing speeds, distances, but what you are saying is that you must break the Law and speed otherwise you become a danger to the Twat doing a ton twenty!!!

Outstanding post!
The law says a lot of stupid stuff.

I get his point. 4 lanes wide, is not a 40 zone, especially when doing 40 means you are a hazard to other drivers and you are getting boxed in by lorries.

I'd rather break the law and not end up under a lorry thanks.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2015, 05:42 AM   #49
Waspo
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by djgandy View Post
The law says a lot of stupid stuff.

I get his point. 4 lanes wide, is not a 40 zone, especially when doing 40 means you are a hazard to other drivers and you are getting boxed in by lorries.

I'd rather break the law and not end up under a lorry thanks.
Agreed the Law is an Ass, you know it, I know it and so does 75% of the populous......But it is the law whether you like it or not, and if you want to continue to drive your lovely Beemer then you have to accept it?

It is also the law now not to hog the outside lanes and i wish the police where more active in making this law stick like they do the speeding!
      05-14-2015, 07:49 AM   #50
AWSAWS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 GC Turbos, FBO, 335i DCT

That would be very easy to enforce and with unused lanes being free we'd often end up getting where we want to go faster without speeding.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2015, 08:16 AM   #51
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 335 e93

What's a ban? A suspension?
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2015, 08:17 AM   #52
Waspo
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep

Quote:
That would be very easy to enforce and with unused lanes being free we'd often end up getting where we want to go faster without speeding.
Gotta agree with your there
      05-17-2015, 12:59 PM   #53
john-vfr
spender of the kids inheritance
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW xdrive touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
What's a ban? A suspension?
In this country a ban means you lose your license to drive for a set period of time. The length can vary depending on the pleasure of Her Majesty's court!!!
Appreciate 0