E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > crank no start, codes, please help?

05-01-2021, 05:04 PM   #1
Olo7109
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW328xi

crank no start, codes, please help?

hello all, my 2007 328xi 6mt prod 10/06 has been crank no start since last Thursday. I've gone as far as I can think to go and still nothing.

used Carly and inpa to read errors, 2acc 2acb 2e85 are the 3 main codes.
both 2acc and 2acb are main relay codes for the ecu and the 2e85 was the coolant pump, which has already been replaced previously and never has an issue, tested with the coolant bleeder procedure, it kicks right on.

tested the battery at the jump post under the hood, it shows 12.0 and 11.8 when accessory power is on.

all electrical stuff works climate blower, seats, headlights, interior lights etc.

checked each fuse, some corrosion or a brown protective coating on them but don't know which. none were blown. also to note, I had a central locking fuse out weeks earlier to check due to fob issues (still unresolved) and they looked the same with the car still running.

changed the crankshaft position sensor, still the same crank no start.

checked grounds. all in place and secure.

going to look at the ecu and test the relay

tried clearing the codes and removing negative terminal still same outcome.

visual inspection of the EBox is dry. dry and dry. nothing wet or water

the day it happened :
drove 30 miles to the doctor, came home. no problems same as always.
jacked up each corner, put on wheel spacers, then this. UNLESS dropping the jack too quickly is enough to cause crank, no start?
is there a special shut down mode that I can get fixed or is my DME/ecu just fried or just a relay?

my wife has read and read and read through the whole forum related to these codes, it doesn't ever turn out well. except sometimes. researched about b+ terminal and accidents and everything else but still no clue. lost. and I miss my car. I have a multimeter and some knowledge and a Bentley manual.
insta downloading now

please help?
      05-01-2021, 06:19 PM   #2
Olo7109
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olo7109 View Post
hello all, my 2007 328xi 6mt prod 10/06 has been crank no start since last Thursday. I've gone as far as I can think to go and still nothing.

used Carly and inpa to read errors, 2acc 2acb 2e85 are the 3 main codes.
both 2acc and 2acb are main relay codes for the ecu and the 2e85 was the coolant pump, which has already been replaced previously and never has an issue, tested with the coolant bleeder procedure, it kicks right on.

tested the battery at the jump post under the hood, it shows 12.0 and 11.8 when accessory power is on.

all electrical stuff works climate blower, seats, headlights, interior lights etc.

checked each fuse, some corrosion or a brown protective coating on them but don't know which. none were blown. also to note, I had a central locking fuse out weeks earlier to check due to fob issues (still unresolved) and they looked the same with the car still running.

changed the crankshaft position sensor, still the same crank no start.

checked grounds. all in place and secure.

going to look at the ecu and test the relay

tried clearing the codes and removing negative terminal still same outcome.

visual inspection of the EBox is dry. dry and dry. nothing wet or water

the day it happened :
drove 30 miles to the doctor, came home. no problems same as always.
jacked up each corner, put on wheel spacers, then this. UNLESS dropping the jack too quickly is enough to cause crank, no start?
is there a special shut down mode that I can get fixed or is my DME/ecu just fried or just a relay?

my wife has read and read and read through the whole forum related to these codes, it doesn't ever turn out well. except sometimes. researched about b+ terminal and accidents and everything else but still no clue. lost. and I miss my car. I have a multimeter and some knowledge and a Bentley manual.
insta downloading now

please help?
found the ecu relay is dead. Tuesday it will come from FCPEuro and hopefully we will be back on the road.
      10-21-2021, 10:47 AM   #3
Atumkaine
Registered
Rep
Drives: 07 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olo7109 View Post
found the ecu relay is dead. Tuesday it will come from FCPEuro and hopefully we will be back on the road.
Where was computer relay located? I’m having the same issue
Appreciate 0