E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > E90 AWD, DSC, ABS, EBV Warning

09-18-2019, 12:36 PM   #1
PremoDini
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i xDrive Sedan

E90 AWD, DSC, ABS, EBV Warning

HELP OR INFO ACCEPTED

E90 2011 BMW 328i XDrive

The battery was not disconnected

Got this yesterday (9/17/19) after I pulled out of my spot and heard my rear driver side wheel sound like it spun. My school lot is garbage and has gravel spots everywhere so I think since one wheel spun more then the other 3 it threw off a sensor.

Pulled over, turned off the car, locked it and it went away at startup. whilst approaching a red light it came back up. Reset it again when I got home and haven't driven the car till this morning (9/18/19) to school.

Nothing came up on the drive and while driving in between a break of classes

Any help or info would help. YouTube doesn’t help at all and I’m still trying to do more research.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-19-2019, 09:51 PM   #2
mchez
Adding up the cost of the Ultimate Driving Machine
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 335i

Garage List
2011 E90 335i  [0.00]
Could be wheel speed sensor related. Sounds like it's getting confused as to what the wheels are doing.

Every now and again I get the DSC light flashing on my dash when I'm driving normally and I've got a shadow code for wheel speed sensors.

What happens after it's been off for a while? Have you tried the hill descent control?
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2019, 12:38 PM   #3
gbalthrop
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi E91

I assume when you say you "reset", you mean you simply turned ignition off, and when you turned it back on, there were NO warning lights on Instrument Panel OR warnings on CCC Display?

Unfortunately, the onboard computer or CC-ID system does NOT provide specific diagnostic information about WHAT component in the DSC/DXC system has caused a Fault Code to be saved in the DSC Module, but one HAS been saved on each occasion (separate mileage/km stored in Details for each instance) when warning lights appeared on Instrument Cluster.

As "mchez" suggests, a signal, or lack of it, from one of the wheel speed sensors (obviously intermittent) would be the most likely cause of your issue. INPA or ISTA can identify the specific wheel sensor or other fault causing the warning lights, and also allow you to read the signals in real time for diagnostic purposes, AND it will tell you if the fault is currently present. A spinning wheel should NOT cause a warning light or fault code. The system is designed to prevent spinning wheels (DTC) or prevent wheel lockup (ABS), and the system SHUTS DOWN ONLY if there is malfunction in the system that PREVENTS it from properly performing that task.

If you don't have INPA or ISTA, or any scan tool that can read DSC/ABS faults, then most Advance Auto or Autozone stores can read such codes free.

If you have a Windows 10 Laptop, you might consider investing $45 in a BimmerGeeks K+DCAN cable to connect laptop to OBD II Socket, and investing some hours in downloading FREE "BMW Standard Tools" software which includes INPA. Much of INPA is in German, but Google Translate is helpful and some Forum member can help you quickly connect & read codes, or show you how to do other diagnostics.

Please let us know what you find,
George
Appreciate 0