E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > please help

11-19-2021, 11:22 AM   #1
Franklinfatulo
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 bmw 335xi

please help

hello everyone, im getting these codes after ecu update, transfer case service, and most fluidh flush, im sure has something to do with the ecu update, but is an hr ride back to the shop, i was wondering if is something i can fix/code myself, mph not working, windshield wipers dont stop, gas gause all over the place, already che ked the fuse and is good, car runs smooth though no problem shifting or anything like that, is there anything i can maybe check with protool, i bought master license since i want to do some coding in the future thanks in advance.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-19-2021, 05:52 PM   #2
gbalthrop
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklinfatulo View Post
... im getting these codes after ecu update, transfer case service, and most fluidh flush, im sure has something to do with the ecu update [NOT so "sure" ]... mph not working, windshield wipers dont stop, gas gause all over the place...
What did the "Transfer Case Service" consist of?
Did they INTEND to do anything to the DSC/DXC Module?
Can you "Connect With", or "view Live Data in" the DSC/DXC Module, such as Wheel Speed Sensor Signals?
What Warning Lights come on/ STAY ON, after engine startup?
What is the voltage measured at the Jumpstart Terminals under hood with engine running? > 16V?
Do you have Fault codes in the EGS, VGSG/VTG, or KOMBI Modules? If so, please identify.
If you have INPA or ISTA, please advise.

The LAST Three (3) "DME Faults Codes" you have: CD98, CD9C, CDA5 ALL relate to signals expected from DSC/DXC Module, and the fault is with "Transmitting Module" (DSC), NOT the DME. The BMW Fault Code Lookup Fault Information Sheets for those three codes are linked below. Ambient Temp & Quiescent Current (Parasitic Draw) DME Codes are NOT immediately significant.
https://bmwfault.codes/XMLDiagView?d...MANgAzADAANAA=
https://bmwfault.codes/XMLDiagView?d...YANAA0ADAANAA=
https://bmwfault.codes/XMLDiagView?d...EANgA3ADAANAA=

If ProTool cannot detect DSC/DXC Module, or CANNOT read Live Data in that Module, then you have an issue with either:
1) The Power Supply to the DSC;
2) PT-CAN Bus Connection to the DSC.

Scrambled Bus Signals in PT-CAN bus, OR K-CAN bus, can cause "Light Show" on Instrument Cluster, Strange gauge behavior, communication issues, "Self-activating" wipers, etc. Alternator "Over-Voltage" (Voltage in 16V to 17V range with engine running) can cause that behavior, as can faulty bus wiring/ connectors.

If you post back with questions, etc., please provide the build Month/Year of your 2007 335xi, OR the Last-7 Characters of VIN, as significant electrical changes (fuse & relay locations) occurred 3/1/2007.
George
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2021, 06:05 PM   #3
Franklinfatulo
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

man this is some great info thanks alot, i will post back tomorrow with some more info from protool, i havent had a chance to play around with it. thanks again George.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2021, 08:44 PM   #4
Franklinfatulo
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbalthrop View Post
What did the "Transfer Case Service" consist of?
Did they INTEND to do anything to the DSC/DXC Module?
Can you "Connect With", or "view Live Data in" the DSC/DXC Module, such as Wheel Speed Sensor Signals?
What Warning Lights come on/ STAY ON, after engine startup?
What is the voltage measured at the Jumpstart Terminals under hood with engine running? > 16V?
Do you have Fault codes in the EGS, VGSG/VTG, or KOMBI Modules? If so, please identify.
If you have INPA or ISTA, please advise.

The LAST Three (3) "DME Faults Codes" you have: CD98, CD9C, CDA5 ALL relate to signals expected from DSC/DXC Module, and the fault is with "Transmitting Module" (DSC), NOT the DME. The BMW Fault Code Lookup Fault Information Sheets for those three codes are linked below. Ambient Temp & Quiescent Current (Parasitic Draw) DME Codes are NOT immediately significant.
https://bmwfault.codes/XMLDiagView?d...MANgAzADAANAA=
https://bmwfault.codes/XMLDiagView?d...YANAA0ADAANAA=
https://bmwfault.codes/XMLDiagView?d...EANgA3ADAANAA=

If ProTool cannot detect DSC/DXC Module, or CANNOT read Live Data in that Module, then you have an issue with either:
1) The Power Supply to the DSC;
2) PT-CAN Bus Connection to the DSC.

Scrambled Bus Signals in PT-CAN bus, OR K-CAN bus, can cause "Light Show" on Instrument Cluster, Strange gauge behavior, communication issues, "Self-activating" wipers, etc. Alternator "Over-Voltage" (Voltage in 16V to 17V range with engine running) can cause that behavior, as can faulty bus wiring/ connectors.

If you post back with questions, etc., please provide the build Month/Year of your 2007 335xi, OR the Last-7 Characters of VIN, as significant electrical changes (fuse & relay locations) occurred 3/1/2007.
George
i got some info today, unfortunately i got out a bit late of work and it was kind of cold outside, so they change the transfer case fluid, also before i went in i had taken my front driveshaft out due to some noise that i had, didnt have any noise after i took it out, i did have dsc, abs and 4x4 light on, then found a missing passenger side tpm sensor missing relaced with one from pick and pull, everything was working bfore ecu update mph, gas gauge, etc, i tried to erase some error but the 4x4 light stay on along with tpms after i turn the car on, i will check all the fuses again tomorrow and these are the codes i pulled out today, car was built march 2007
Attached Images

Last edited by Franklinfatulo; 11-21-2021 at 01:25 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2021, 07:38 AM   #5
Franklinfatulo
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

bump

i checked the battery voltage is 12.4 at idle and 15.4 engine running, i set up inpa, will play around more often when i get home, all this happened after ecu update, took the front wheels yesterday, and put a small washer between the abs sensor to see if it helps, sunroof not working, mph not working, passenger air bag restriction light on, wipers wont shut off, car runs fine, could it be something with the ibs at the battery? i took it for an inspection sticker, they unplugged the batter cause it had abs, dcs 4x4 on, now just 4x4 on, not abs or dcs, ive done so much reading and its leading me to believe something is messed up with the abs module somewhere, ill check tomorrow since is raining today out here, to see if abs module is unpluged or something.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2021, 12:24 AM   #6
Franklinfatulo
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

bump

i found passesnger side floor wet the other day, cleaned every possible drainage spots, also i bought a new battery a while back at orileys, registered it with mhd tuning, bit of story of the car, i bought it not running, as my 1st turbo charged car, for my project, bought the battery, replaced the ground under driver side, from that point on car was running fine, did have dsc abs brake 4x4 light, had a small noise up front when turning the wheel at low speed, noise gone after i removed the front drive shaft, i dont use the car very often, since i work almost 70 hrs a week. george where are you!? anyones input is apreciated, ive read so much about this car i might end up as a bmw genius someday lol.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2021, 07:44 AM   #7
charlie_m
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 328ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklinfatulo View Post
bump

i checked the battery voltage is 12.4 at idle and 15.4 engine running
I'll let the experts reply to your other problems, but 15.4V is too high. You should probably change out the voltage regulator on the alternator before you blow up one or more modules.

Also, it's quite common for a wet passenger floor to damage & corrode the footwell module (FRM) that lives there. That may be the source of some of your dash & wiper problems, but not DSC or ABS problems.

Finally, if you can do it, I recommend installing ISTA-D. It will read codes and give you a guided trouble shooting plan to solve each one, as well as step-by-step repair procedures. Don't plan on programming with it (use BMW standard tools for that), but IMHO it's essential if you do any of your own work.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2021, 11:26 AM   #8
Franklinfatulo
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie_m View Post
I'll let the experts reply to your other problems, but 15.4V is too high. You should probably change out the voltage regulator on the alternator before you blow up one or more modules.

Also, it's quite common for a wet passenger floor to damage & corrode the footwell module (FRM) that lives there. That may be the source of some of your dash & wiper problems, but not DSC or ABS problems.

Finally, if you can do it, I recommend installing ISTA-D. It will read codes and give you a guided trouble shooting plan to solve each one, as well as step-by-step repair procedures. Don't plan on programming with it (use BMW standard tools for that), but IMHO it's essential if you do any of your own work.
thanks alot for the info, im going to install ista d sometime this weekend, im sure theres a module fried somewhere, i will figure it out with the help of people like you, i love working on my car this is my project working on it slowly, love my e90
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2022, 03:52 AM   #9
Franklinfatulo
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

so after few days ago i was able to inspect the car since idont use it much cause of winter, i found out that water was coming thru the cabin/cowl, because i did a cowl delete, water was getting from the passenger side dripping all over the blower motor, and the junction box/jbef or whatever, car runs great nothing major was dmgd thanks God. just a shitload of codes, which im happy to tackle, love to learn and work on my car.
Appreciate 0