E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Electric problems with BMW e91

01-16-2022, 10:42 AM   #1
Murta94
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW e91 325i

Electric problems with BMW e91

So a while ago I noticed i had problems with No power at all when I recently had drove the car. Quickly I understood that the problem were the b+ cable that created the issue so i replaced the last piece of cable to the fusebox. I didnt see any damage on the fuseboard so i did not change that part.

While i was waiting for the cable to deliver i prepared the work by cutting of the old cable etc. Then i changed both my post cat oxygen sensors when the power was out.

First problem:
When i got my new cable and mounted everything i noticed that i blew the fuse 79 (30amp) everytime i turned in the ignition.

All this happened a couple of months ago and i got sick of the car for a while until i started to Care about it this week. I started to track down wiring diagrams for fuse 79 and i found out that the fuse were indeed for the oxygen sensors. So i unplugged both sensors from THE connectors and started the car and i Still blow the fuse..

Onwards to the second problem:
After i changed THE b+ cable the car starts but I have super rough Idle, i cant open the trunk, i cant lock or unlock the car with the key, it wont go to sleep mode so its totally draining THE battery and also the obd2 doesnt work to hook Up computer on.
The Steps i have done i troubleshooting is checking that THE battery is okey and it is, i also bought a new One and have THE same problem. I have 12v at every connection on the battery so the PBD seems to be okey. I have 12v under the Hood and also I have 12v on the b+ cable at the ens of it behind fusepanel. I have checked all the connections and tightend them and the problem remains..
What are the next step in the troubleshooting, can it be a bad fusepanel or the circuit board on it?
Thankful for answers.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2022, 11:55 AM   #2
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

If you want to work on these cars you need diagnositcs.
BMW Standard Tools and Ista d with a bimmergeeks
K/D can cable recommended. (running of a windows laptop)

Did you try measuring for shorts along the circuit that is blowing fuses?
Attached Images
File Type: pdf E9x References 210523 Revision.pdf (235.9 KB, 26 views)
Appreciate 0