E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > need help/ advice

04-15-2018, 04:08 AM   #1
shedrool83
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e30 328 , e30 325

need help/ advice

I have a 07 330i auto .
Problem i had this morning was no power when i put the key into the slot(nothing at all and had to open door with key )

I did a search and found a thread referring to the big red wire under the glovebox with i found and moved around and i had power to dash and car started etc.

In the thread it said this wire needs replaced and the burn out.

My question is has anyone done this and is there a how to?(Can't find anything other that the one thread i found)

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2018, 06:02 AM   #2
tadaska
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 320D ES

Quote:
Originally Posted by shedrool83 View Post
I have a 07 330i auto .
Problem i had this morning was no power when i put the key into the slot(nothing at all and had to open door with key )

I did a search and found a thread referring to the big red wire under the glovebox with i found and moved around and i had power to dash and car started etc.

My question is has anyone done this and is there a how to?(Can't find anything other that the one thread i found)

Thanks
It might not be that cable. I checked my last week and it was fine. Mine looks different from the burnt connections I saw on YouTube. It seems another common fault is rusted away cables in the battery compartment due to flooding.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2018, 06:36 AM   #3
shedrool83
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e30 328 , e30 325

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadaska View Post
It might not be that cable. I checked my last week and it was fine. Mine looks different from the burnt connections I saw on YouTube. It seems another common fault is rusted away cables in the battery compartment due to flooding.
Have you got a link to youtube video?
Once i moved the big red wire under the glovebox i was getting power to the dash .
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2018, 02:47 PM   #4
tadaska
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 320D ES

Quote:
Have you got a link to youtube video?
Once i moved the big red wire under the glovebox i was getting power to the dash .
I misread your post. In that case you should take out the fuse box and see what is happening there. I don't know what video it was, just a random search on YouTube.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2018, 03:03 PM   #5
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

Quote:
I have a 07 330i auto .

Thanks
Your symptoms are typical of this problem.

Check the image below. There is a recall for some models. BMW also do a repair kit.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0