E90Post
 


ECS BMW
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Alpina Trans Flash for N54



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-28-2014, 07:27 PM   #485
135Pats
Major General
135Pats's Avatar
United_States
422
Rep
6,498
Posts

Drives: A few BMWs
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (3)

Sammy did a really nice DIY on pulling the VB...it's not particularly hard.
__________________
E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Other stuff...652WHP

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 1
      07-30-2014, 11:40 AM   #486
just907
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
33
Posts

Drives: E93
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Dallas

iTrader: (1)

Chris@********* did mine..

FANTASTIC!!!!! He can remotely do it tooooooo!!!!
He has done numerous codings & tunes on my car.. never regretted anything
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2015, 11:51 AM   #487
matutino
New Member
2
Rep
29
Posts

Drives: 1996 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Corona

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by just907 View Post
Chris@********* did mine..

FANTASTIC!!!!! He can remotely do it tooooooo!!!!
He has done numerous codings & tunes on my car.. never regretted anything
Chris can you help me
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2015, 08:32 PM   #488
torn08
Private First Class
26
Rep
179
Posts

Drives: e93 335i
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Cherry Hill, NJ

iTrader: (0)

I hear everyone loves the DS changes but hates the D changes. There has to be some one that can figure out how to flash just the DS half?
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2015, 10:33 PM   #489
jwebb335xi
Major
United_States
157
Rep
1,074
Posts

Drives: 2008 335 XI
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Chicago Burbs

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by torn08 View Post
I hear everyone loves the DS changes but hates the D changes. There has to be some one that can figure out how to flash just the DS half?
I have the Alpina flash and really like it. That said, mine is a stage 1+ car with about 360 awhp. I don't mind hitting 5th or 6th by 40-50 MPH when in D mode. My car will also hold 3rd to about 4000 RPMs if I have my foot deep into the throttle. With that, I see pretty good acceleration, but nothing like in S mode - that's just plain fast!
__________________
JWebb335xi

MHD / Wedge / 93 Octane/ xHP / FMIC / Inlets / Catted DPs / CP / DVs
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2015, 06:27 AM   #490
ajsalida
Colonel
ajsalida's Avatar
205
Rep
2,387
Posts

Drives: 95 M3, 02 R1150GSA, 09 335xi
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: SW USA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by torn08 View Post
I hear everyone loves the DS changes but hates the D changes. There has to be some one that can figure out how to flash just the DS half?
Yeah quite a lot of people would like that, and the ability to do it would help with many other AT problems in higher TQ applications. Right now AT cars are limited to about 550 TQ, the trannies start to break with alarming frequency even with hardware upgrades. But you need to tell the tranny how to use that new hardware, and if the TCU is encrypted you can't.

Unfortunately the files are heavily encrypted and no one has been able to crack them, and not for lack of trying. Alpina was granted access by BMW to make their changes, then wrapped it all back up in NSA-level crypto magic. We're stuck with that.

There is a second Alpina flash some like better than the more common one, I am running that now and like it. Bit better D mode and smoother S/M modes. And a third non-Alpina flash, which is BMW OEM sport flash from 2011.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2015, 05:24 AM   #491
nyt
Private
12
Rep
77
Posts

Drives: 2010 335xi
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajsalida View Post
Yeah quite a lot of people would like that, and the ability to do it would help with many other AT problems in higher TQ applications. Right now AT cars are limited to about 550 TQ, the trannies start to break with alarming frequency even with hardware upgrades. But you need to tell the tranny how to use that new hardware, and if the TCU is encrypted you can't.

Unfortunately the files are heavily encrypted and no one has been able to crack them, and not for lack of trying. Alpina was granted access by BMW to make their changes, then wrapped it all back up in NSA-level crypto magic. We're stuck with that.

There is a second Alpina flash some like better than the more common one, I am running that now and like it. Bit better D mode and smoother S/M modes. And a third non-Alpina flash, which is BMW OEM sport flash from 2011.
The more recently discovered Alpina flash gave me some troubles when I tried it. Came out of gear going 1 -> 2. The original one people were using is much better.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2015, 06:21 AM   #492
ajsalida
Colonel
ajsalida's Avatar
205
Rep
2,387
Posts

Drives: 95 M3, 02 R1150GSA, 09 335xi
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: SW USA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyt View Post
The more recently discovered Alpina flash gave me some troubles when I tried it. Came out of gear going 1 -> 2. The original one people were using is much better.
That's not good. What kind of tune/mods are you running and was it only under WOT? I've only been running it a couple weeks and not beat on it much. FBO + latest BMS backend race flash + meth on map 3. I ran the other Alpina for years without issues.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2016, 10:05 PM   #493
2l8uluz
Registered
0
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: 2007 BMW 335i
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Arizona

iTrader: (0)

Has there been any updates for this flash to work on cars manufactured prior to 03/07??

My 07 is a 10/06

Thanks guys!!







Quote:
Originally Posted by ajsalida View Post
That's not good. What kind of tune/mods are you running and was it only under WOT? I've only been running it a couple weeks and not beat on it much. FBO + latest BMS backend race flash + meth on map 3. I ran the other Alpina for years without issues.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2016, 07:29 AM   #494
FCobra94
Brigadier General
FCobra94's Avatar
1945
Rep
4,112
Posts

Drives: '07 E90 335i
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: MD

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2l8uluz View Post
Has there been any updates for this flash to work on cars manufactured prior to 03/07??
Absolutely!!
__________________
'07 E90 335i - Automagic - Non-sport
MHD E60|Alpina Flash|Stg 2 LPFP|VRSF 7"FMIC-DP-CP|TIAL BOV|cp-e DCI
Bilstein B6|Dinan Camber Plates|E93 M3 FSB-LCA-Guide Rods|Manzo Toe Arms|HPS 5.0
Sonic Tuning ST100 - 18x8.5 ET35 - Conti DWS 245/40/18 - 10/20 F/R spacers
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2016, 06:48 AM   #495
slowbutsure
Private
5
Rep
90
Posts

Drives: 07 AW E90 335i
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: San Jose, Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

guys, sorry newby here.
So I have a 2007 335i automatic. How do I get this flash and How do I install it? Can I take it somewhere to get it done? Thanks much
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2016, 06:49 PM   #496
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Jeff@TopGearSolutions's Avatar
United_States
2671
Rep
54,325
Posts


Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: www.TopGearSolutions.com

iTrader: (37)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbutsure View Post
guys, sorry newby here.
So I have a 2007 335i automatic. How do I get this flash and How do I install it? Can I take it somewhere to get it done? Thanks much
You can get it done through remote coding services offered but I believe your vehicle needs to be made after March of 2007 to work with the alpina flash IIRC.

The build date is on your driver-side door jam.
__________________
|Like us on Facebook||Evolution Racewerks| |Active Autowerke| |ETS| |Burger Tuning| |PURE Turbos| |Mishimoto||VRSF| |AWE| |Wagner|

|HPB 240W Angel Eyes & LED Fog Light Kits | |CTS| |KW| |Spec| |ST Coilovers| |Koni| |Bilstein| |Borla| |Magnaflow| |AFE| |Fabspeed| |Injen| July Sale Up to 10% OFF!
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2016, 06:51 PM   #497
slowbutsure
Private
5
Rep
90
Posts

Drives: 07 AW E90 335i
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: San Jose, Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@TopGearSolutions View Post
You can get it done through remote coding services offered but I believe your vehicle needs to be made after March of 2007 to work with the alpina flash IIRC.

The build date is on your driver-side door jam.
Jeff, can you help me. I live in campbell california (near san jose) and wondering if you know of any coders here in my area that can code for alpina b3 flash? or should I go and do the Bimmerscoding.com via remote coding? please advice. Thanks Jeff
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2016, 07:07 PM   #498
Banana Clipper
Jewel Runner
Banana Clipper's Avatar
United_States
183
Rep
720
Posts

Drives: '09 335i
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbutsure View Post
Jeff, can you help me. I live in campbell california (near san jose) and wondering if you know of any coders here in my area that can code for alpina b3 flash? or should I go and do the Bimmerscoding.com via remote coding? please advice. Thanks Jeff
PM'd
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2016, 07:18 PM   #499
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Jeff@TopGearSolutions's Avatar
United_States
2671
Rep
54,325
Posts


Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: www.TopGearSolutions.com

iTrader: (37)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbutsure View Post
Jeff, can you help me. I live in campbell california (near san jose) and wondering if you know of any coders here in my area that can code for alpina b3 flash? or should I go and do the Bimmerscoding.com via remote coding? please advice. Thanks Jeff
Contact our coder Joe Coding@topgearsolutions.com we can do it remotely.
__________________
|Like us on Facebook||Evolution Racewerks| |Active Autowerke| |ETS| |Burger Tuning| |PURE Turbos| |Mishimoto||VRSF| |AWE| |Wagner|

|HPB 240W Angel Eyes & LED Fog Light Kits | |CTS| |KW| |Spec| |ST Coilovers| |Koni| |Bilstein| |Borla| |Magnaflow| |AFE| |Fabspeed| |Injen| July Sale Up to 10% OFF!
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:22 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST