E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Stripped my E91 back to reveal factorty stereo wiring (or not?!)

03-20-2014, 07:46 AM   #1
cfoster
Private
Rep
Drives: E93 335i Vert

Stripped my E91 back to reveal factorty stereo wiring (or not?!)

Well i've taken my E91 apart today to find out what is going where and what head unit I have and it 'looks' like someone in the past may have already relocated the standard stereo to the boot already. I have found 4 wires going to a small plug in the boot, i've traced the wires and they splice into the HU wiring. This is what I have.....

Back of factory professional head unit:

I 'think' the Amp should be here but it isn't, just a fibreoptic plug plugging into nothing

4 wires from rear connect to these: thick Blue/White, 2x thick Blue/Brown and a thick Blue/Black.

At the front there are 3 other bullet connectors spliced into the loom but not connected to anything, I have checked and they are not ground or earth with or without the ignition on, any ideas on this one?!!

The 3 bullets splice into the yellow ones in this pic....

Can anyone point me in the right direction?! I'd like to know if the wires in the boot are what i need to connect the factory stereo to!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2014, 10:51 AM   #2
mathematics
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 328i e93 alpine white

most connection, power, ground, and CAN high and low is all you need to re-locate for factory service reasons. i'm not sure which wires are the can wires. i want to say it's the ones connected to the bullets that aren't connected to anything, but i am not certain.
iPhone 6 Plus (iTunes library/iTunes radio/Waze, etc) to Airport Express via AirPlay. Toslink out of Airport Express to Helix P-Six DSP. PHD AF 1.C tweeters, PHD FB 4.1 midranges. Jehnert Door Cards and mid-bass'.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2014, 11:05 AM   #3
cfoster
Private
Rep
Drives: E93 335i Vert

Ive had some further time to have a play and it seems that the wires going to the back are spliced into the front speaker wires for some reason, not too sure why! I will use these wires though to run the 4 (plus add one more) to the rear. The High, Low, +12v plus the two additional ones for PDC speaker.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2014, 11:20 AM   #4
mathematics
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 328i e93 alpine white

good idea
iPhone 6 Plus (iTunes library/iTunes radio/Waze, etc) to Airport Express via AirPlay. Toslink out of Airport Express to Helix P-Six DSP. PHD AF 1.C tweeters, PHD FB 4.1 midranges. Jehnert Door Cards and mid-bass'.
Appreciate 0