E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Manuals, Invoice/MSRP Pricing, Buying Guides, Bulletins, etc. > BMW LEASE and modifications?

08-29-2007, 06:20 PM   #1
PJS3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i

BMW LEASE and modifications?

This is my first time leasing a car, and i am a lil hesitant to mod it, even though I will probably buy it at the end of the lease. BUT, for mods like exhaust, where there is cutting of the pipes underneath the car...lets say you get an aftermarket exhaust, and pipes are cut. Then before you return the car at the end of the lease, with the stock exhaust rewelded, will the dealer look underneath and charge you for a new stock exhaust after seeing it had been messed with?
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2007, 08:55 AM   #2
vbb
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 manual

This topic has been covered a lot on this board... just search around for a more in-depth discussion. But the quick answer is yes, they could charge you for not returning the car to them in a stock condition, but it is unlikely that they will check the welds on the exhaust under the car. Bottom line is that if you do any bolt on mods, just remove them and return your car to stock when you turn the lease in... for any fabrications that require cutting, welding, or anything that can't easily be undone, do those at your own risk, because chances are you will be charged for something like that.
      09-12-2007, 02:28 PM   #3
PJS3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbb View Post
This topic has been covered a lot on this board... just search around for a more in-depth discussion. But the quick answer is yes, they could charge you for not returning the car to them in a stock condition, but it is unlikely that they will check the welds on the exhaust under the car. Bottom line is that if you do any bolt on mods, just remove them and return your car to stock when you turn the lease in... for any fabrications that require cutting, welding, or anything that can't easily be undone, do those at your own risk, because chances are you will be charged for something like that.

Thank you!!:rocks:
Appreciate 0