E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > 2008 328xi strange Shake/Rattle/Misfire

12-01-2019, 04:10 PM   #1
ihabeid33
Rep
Drives: bmw 328xi

2008 328xi strange Shake/Rattle/Misfire

Hello, I have been dealing with a strange rattle or misfire(im not sure if it is a misfire or something else) for a few months and can't figure out what is causing it. It started out very subtle and then gradually got worse and worse. The rattling would occur when i am going about 40 mph and the rpm is just bellow 2000. Whenever I put the car in DS mode or drive at an rpm higher than 2000, the rattling stops. The engine code it threw was p0012 but that went away randomly for some reason. I should also mention that the rattling would only start to happen when I have been driving for about 20-30 minutes. When the engine is still could it does not happen. I have changed the coils and spark plugs and still no luck. I've also changed the oil and oil filter once after it started happening and it did not change anything.
If anyone can help me diagnose the issue I would appropriate it. Thanks!
Appreciate 0