E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > My disappointment with BMWNA

11-23-2015, 05:34 AM   #23
Puerto Rican 335d
Brigadier General
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: Montego Blue 335d

Nick give me a call today around 12 pm your time Im sorry I haven't called you been to busy ok
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2015, 12:40 PM   #24
NickTheStick
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 12' X5d / 09' 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puerto Rican 335d View Post
Nick give me a call today around 12 pm your time Im sorry I haven't called you been to busy ok
Sorry, I was super swamped with the holidays, family and work. Ill update you shortly as I took your advice. Unfortunately it did not yield the results I had hoped.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2015, 09:47 PM   #25
Mrchntmarine
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335d (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTheStick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noquills View Post
Did you get a carfax before you purchased the car? They usually indicate some sort of coverage if the car is not as described. Hope this helps.
I did. It did not indicate any of this work. Hence why I do not think carmax is the word of God.

It is my understanding carmax will only step in if there is a discrepancy in the title status.
Bought a used Mercedes years ago from a dealer. Had a clear carfax. After awhile we began to have some handling problems and from time to time a funky smell. Could never figure it out. Fast forward a couple of years and my wife gets rear ended and the car goes to the shop and I get a call from them wanting to know if I want them to fix the previous damage they discovered. What damage I say? I go down to the shop and they show me all these rusted weld seams and water staining in the bottom of the trunk wheel well and crap work around the rear suspension,etc. I ran another carfax and it showed an accident. The previous owner wrecked the car and got it fixed and sold it before it showed up on carfax. Carfax said they weren't responsible because they have no control over the posting of the information.
2012 Q5 TDI (sold) 2014 Q5 TDI 2016 Audi A6
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2015, 10:05 PM   #26
taibanl
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

For those of you who came out of pocket for this fix, I would suggest it's worth the $29 to read what the service bulletin says about the problem, and if it's covered.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2015, 01:04 PM   #27
Puerto Rican 335d
Brigadier General
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: Montego Blue 335d

sorry to hear that Nick
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2015, 12:46 PM   #28
NickTheStick
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Just talked to the service manager at Knauz today. He informed me that the piston on cylinder 6 was lower than normal.

My question was, how did you know this without complete disassembly of the engine and measuring the pistons at TDC? - He had no answer

I also asked why BMW rescinded their offer of 25% goodwill for the injectors. His answer was that the injectors did not fix the problem, which is why they reverted the work.

Well, thats the complete opposite of what the SA told me when I picked up the car. The SA told me that the injectors fixed the problem 99%, but they found something audibly wrong. The SA stated that once the injectors were replaced, the drivability was back to almost normal and there were no check engine lights.

So what is it BMW? What actually happened, is happing and will happen? Ill continue to be the squeaky wheel. No one can get their stories straight.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2015, 01:44 PM   #29
hassmaschine
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: "NBO" 330i

sounds like a bent rod. it is possible to measure it without pulling the head - you have to hold the valve open and poke something in there at TDC. The compression would also be lower on that cylinder.

they probably won't do the other work because they know it won't fix the issue. they were right when they said the only repair it should have ever had is a new engine. Generally speaking, avoid machining a BMW crank at all costs.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2015, 02:36 PM   #30
NickTheStick
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hassmaschine View Post
sounds like a bent rod. it is possible to measure it without pulling the head - you have to hold the valve open and poke something in there at TDC. The compression would also be lower on that cylinder.

they probably won't do the other work because they know it won't fix the issue. they were right when they said the only repair it should have ever had is a new engine. Generally speaking, avoid machining a BMW crank at all costs.

True, which is why I asked. 1. BMW dealers are not machine shops, thats a service typically performed by a machine shop. 2. The service manager could not even tell me how they arrived at that conclusion. If he had told me they did a compression test, I would be a bit more understanding.
Appreciate 0