E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > AVINUSA - Avoid like the plague

05-13-2020, 09:20 PM   #1
AviatorBimmerFL
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i E92

AVINUSA - Avoid like the plague

The customer service is horrific. They will respond to your emails 5+ days after your email them. Their units come with no manuals or guides. This also includes their accessories. Anything you purchase, requires you to do your own due diligence and scavenge Google or their website for answers.

My brand new unit was not reading my sim card, which I verified as working on my tablet. So after a week of trying to work out the issue, they finally gave me a RMA number and had me ship it back.

They finally received it yesterday and after 2 attempts to at least get a response on a status update from them, both emails have been unanswered.

I have a feeling I will have to wait a week for a response and then another week to get the replacement.

All in all, it's been a disastrous purchase which could have been less painful if they would just be prompt with their customer's inquiries. I dropped almost $800 on the order, the least they can do is act like they care and respond to emails within 24 hours.

If you are shopping around for an Android unit, please steer clear of AVINUSA.
      05-13-2020, 11:05 PM   #2
infinite_creations25
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw

What unit did you buy from them? I was actually considering them and another vendor for the 10.25 android unit
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2020, 01:29 AM   #3
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

Is that really so terrible? Right now in the UK, that could be considered pretty rapid service due to the number of staff absences etc.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2020, 05:40 AM   #4
AviatorBimmerFL
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite_creations25 View Post
What unit did you buy from them? I was actually considering them and another vendor for the 10.25 android unit
8.8" unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambohamilton View Post
Is that really so terrible? Right now in the UK, that could be considered pretty rapid service due to the number of staff absences etc.
If waiting over 5 days for a response to an email to their customer service is rapid service for you, then you will fit right in with their service.

Should not take over 5 days for someone to reply to an email.
      05-14-2020, 07:08 AM   #5
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

I get it; it's not stellar. But other than the timing, which isn't the end of the world, they've done everything right (having unfortunately supplied a defective unit, which would have prevented the whole issue...but these things happen sometimes). Anyhow, whatever....
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2020, 07:11 AM   #6
AviatorBimmerFL
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambohamilton View Post
I get it; it's not stellar. But other than the timing, which isn't the end of the world, they've done everything right (having unfortunately supplied a defective unit, which would have prevented the whole issue...but these things happen sometimes). Anyhow, whatever....
Try troubleshooting a problem where you ask a question and it gets answered in 5 days with a generic "Have you tried this _____?", then respond and wait 5 more days.

Yea, whatever.