E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > E91 Power folding mirror retrofit

01-01-2023, 12:30 AM   #23
Matt_E90
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330d M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99BrandonE90 View Post
Can this be done with bimmer code?
No sorry
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2023, 02:18 AM   #24
Processing61
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E91 325D

Just wanted to check is this still the same, no new updates on the best way to retrofit this?

Planning to do mine soon which is E91 2008 (pre lci) Msport, which currently has 5 pin, manual fold, tilt, heated mirrors (not sure if they are auto dimming) and does have an auto dim rear view mirror. The seats are msport heated but only manuallly adjustable apart from the lumbar which has a button to control it (pneumatic?).

So I need two 3 pin E90/E91 pre lci wing mirrors which are auto fold, heated, tilting and potentially auto dimming. Doesn’t matter about colour as I can change the case with mine.

Window/door switch module

Passenger side full internal wiring loom

And that’s it? Appreciate any advice
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2023, 08:27 AM   #25
Swaveyjae
Registered
Denmark
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 320i

I just retrofitted powered folding mirrors and only the mirror on the passenger side doesn't work. No heat, no adjustment and folding. Im unsure which cable I need to tap the power line to ..
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2023, 11:42 AM   #26
Processing61
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E91 325D

Hi, looking for some advice on a couple of things, I’m doing the wiring;

change pin in passenger mirror plug. Brown PIN 2 goes to PIN 4.
1 - I do have a brown wire in pin 2 but in pin 4 there is a black and blue wire, see pic.

LIN signal: FRM X14260 Pin 22 -> Door loom connector X256 pin 6 (0.35mm2, White/Brown.
2 - I believe I have the right connector and if so (the bottom frm connector on the side where there is 2 connectors) pin 22 is already occupied by a brown/purple wire, see pic 1 and 2.

any advice is appreciated, thanks

*EDIT, SORTED*

So my queries were in relation to modifying the standard loom, not replacing the passenger loom with a new powerfolding loom.

2- I had the wrong connector of FRM. It was the top I needed, not the bottom.

1- Above is fine. 4, 5 and 6 are used. 1 (empty), 2 and 3 are not used anymore. Pin 2 brown and pin 4 black and blue just get swapped. Pin 2 is for ground/earth.

So now you can trace/continuity test back black and blue pin 2 and green/yellow pin 3 to their corresponding location on the bulkhead loom and cut the tails off (as these are no longer used), using the small tail with the crimp, plug one in to X256 6 and other to 8. Or just buy the correct crimps as it will save you cutting wires and potentially messing up. Pin 8 will be constant power source and pin 6 will be connected to FRM X14260 pin 22.

Then the blue/green cable on the connector on the door of X256 (not bulkhead, one back, door side) will be moved from pin 2 to pin 6, now power is connected throughout. Then in the same connector change blue/yellow wire from pin 23 to pin 8. Now the lin is connected throughout.

So from wing mirror plug earth pin 4, green/blue pin 5 and yello/blue pin 6 should all be connected correctly. The wiring could change between the specs/options you have on your car I believe.

I’ve tested it an all seems to work fine in the door switch and on the key fob. Just waiting on a replacement passenger side mirror as the powerfolding one I got arrived broken, the shiny m sport trim was snapped which surround the lower part of the mirror.
Attached Images

Last edited by Processing61; 05-08-2023 at 12:51 AM..
Appreciate 0