E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > 325I With N53 engine running problems.

03-05-2023, 05:19 AM   #1
Matsuy15
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 325i LCI 2008

325I With N53 engine running problems.

Hey everybody, my 34k kilometer BMW 325I is facing some bad running problems. It misfires alot, has a rough idle or wont even idle at all. It depends from time to time, sometimes when i start my car everything is normal, and the othertime it runs bad right away.

It all started with a car that was running poorly under load, we tought that it could be that the engine was recieving too less fuel when needed and that the pump or the filter could be broken. Both were completly fine, however ISTA is giving some kind of vague error code on the fuel pump.

I don't know what to do now, could this be broken injectors as i heard that they are pretty infamous for breaking.

Does anybody know what problem im facing?

Here are the error codes:

https://ibb.co/4YMC4Vd
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2023, 02:19 AM   #2
SvenHz
Rep
Drives: 2011 318i E90 LCI

Hi, the last error on that list is the giveaway. You need to fix your NOx system which is crucial to N43/N53 engines being able to calibrate their injectors. Study bimmerprofs.com and consider their NOXEM solution. I am not affiliated but I have helped a number of N43/N53 owners with similar issues starting with my own N43.
Appreciate 0