E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > e93 convertible roof issue (locking switch)

02-12-2023, 07:09 AM   #1
JoshHawks
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: e93 BMW 325d

e93 convertible roof issue (locking switch)

Looking for some help with an e93 roof issue. The car is a ‘57 325i SE. The roof goes down and locks into place in the boot, it then comes all the way back up but doesn’t lock in at the front. There is no light on the dash saying the roof isn’t working, it just doesn’t do the last pull into the windscreen cowl.

I’ve read the codes and got a few possibly just related to the battery voltage being low as the car hasn’t moved much recently. Wiped the codes and ran the roof through a few cycles and none repeated.

When I checked the status of the roof functions, I get:

Function: Locking Swith Open
Function: Locking Switch Closed

Would this make sense as to why the car thinks the roof is always closed? Had a look at the e93 roof PDF but if anyone could point me in the direction of what sensors or switches need replacing that would be much appriciated!
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2023, 12:35 PM   #2
JoshHawks
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: e93 BMW 325d

*RESOLVED* before cleaning up the contacts on the micro switches I left the car on the battery conditioner all week, battery fully charged and roof working perfectly
Appreciate 0