E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis / Spacers > Buying Partner Wanted For 12/15mm Spacer Wheel Locks

03-24-2014, 01:17 PM   #1
SSW
I Can't Drive 55
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i (E90)

Garage List
Buying Partner Wanted For 12/15mm Spacer Wheel Locks

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 50.00

Item Interest
I'm looking for a buying partner who's using 12mm and 15mm spacers with his wheels to buy 2 sets of Apex RAD BMW Wheels locks M12x1.5 which look like this:

and can be purchased here for $49.99 each. The bolts only come in silver (which is a coating) but the heads can be painted black.

The problem is that Apex will not or cannot sell the wheel locks in mixed 12/15mm sets. So, you either have to buy a 15mm set and cut 2 of the bolts down to 12mm (which they do not recommend) OR you have to buy 2 sets of 4 (one in 12mm and the other in 15mm) which leaves you with 2 extra of each.

What I'd like to do is buy 2 sets of the wheel locks (one in 12mm and the other in 15mm with the same key) and spit them with another forum member so that we can each have a mixed set of wheel locks for the 12 & 15mm spacers. Apex says that they can place a special order for this and that their supplier would try to match the sets w/the same key, but the order is subject to cancellation if they cannot find matching keys.

Please PM me if you interested in doing this. I'll pay for the shipping cost to buy the locks and my buying partner would only have to pay the shipping cost to send them to him, which shouldn't be more than $5.25 for US Priority Mail. Total cost would thus be $54.24 payable by PayPal, which is fully refundable by me, if the supplier cannot find matching keys for the sets.