E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > [Advice] Just bought 07 328xi e90

10-18-2015, 05:12 PM   #1
chadbyron
Registered
Rep
Drives: 07 328xi

[Advice] Just bought 07 328xi e90

I recently picked up a grey 07 328xi e 90 with 137, xxx miles on it for 5800 (only add ons are window tint and bmw/Thule roof rack) from my friend. Never owned a BMW before and don't know much about them. I figure I'm going to have to put some money in it being pretty high milage just looking for advice on what to look out for and what to get checked. I heard water pump and thermostat should prolly be replaced I am not sure if it's been done before or not. It seems like not too hard of a fix and am considering doing it myself with help from a buddy. Live in tahoe just plan on driving it to work and close ski resorts every once and a while. I appreciate any advice and opinions!
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2015, 07:35 PM   #2
E90joee
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xdrive

VCG and OFHG might aswell change the spark plugs and coils also
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2015, 12:28 PM   #3
igzekyativ
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328xi Wagon

Garage List
2007 BMW 328xi  [0.00]
I just picked up an 07 328xi wagon.

I replaced the battery, valve cover, valve cover gasket (VCG), eccentric valve sensor, spark plugs, water pump, thermostat, cabin filter, oil, oil filter, and air filter. I am about to replace the front and rear driveshaft flex discs and center bearing. I also plan to run some fuel injector cleaner through the car, because why not.

Replaced the battery because previous owner cheaped out and put in a non compatible battery so the car was throwing codes (had a shop code the battery to the car). Had to do the eccentric valve sensor because the sensor had failed and starting the car was very rough. Replaced the water pump and thermostat as preventative maintenance. I replaced the flex discs and center bearing on the driveshaft due to vibration/shaking while driving the car.

My oil pan gasket (OPG) is leaking, but this is not a job I can tackle in my home garage and it's going to cost ~$1200 to replace due to all the labor with the x-drive... so waiting on funds for that. No leaks that I can see from my oil filter housing gasket (OFHG).

I should probably replace the trans fluid, diff fluids, brake fluid, power steering fluid, and drive belt too.
2007 328xi Wagon, Black Sapphire Metallic, Sports Package, Cold Weather Package, Rear PDC, Airlift kit with 3P mgmt, CF Akrym rep lip, LCI M-Tech front bumper, LUX Angel Eyes, Black Kidneys, LED Interior Lights, M3 Steering Wheel with Extended Billet DCT Paddles, 19" Staggered VMR 710's

Last edited by igzekyativ; 12-21-2015 at 10:00 AM..
Appreciate 0