E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > 2008 328xi 6MT SULEV price?

01-18-2016, 11:56 AM   #1
dmason1230
Rep
Drives: '08 328xi 6MT SULEV

2008 328xi 6MT SULEV price?

I have a 2008 Alpine White 328xi 6 speed manual SULEV, navigation, the rest is base package, standard lights, and black pleather. 94k miles.

Just wondering if 12k was a good price for it, and what can I expect from known maintenance problems. Besides of course the usual 100k stuff.

Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 03:18 PM   #2
Vitalität
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 & X5

Garage List
2015 BMW i3 BEV  [0.00]
2007 BMW X5 48i  [0.00]
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
2004 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmason1230 View Post
I have a 2008 Alpine White 328xi 6 speed manual SULEV, navigation, the rest is base package, standard lights, and black pleather. 94k miles.

Just wondering if 12k was a good price for it, and what can I expect from known maintenance problems. Besides of course the usual 100k stuff.

Your question is easy but hard to answer and answers provided here will not be accurate and you can't just go by them, just like that. Why? No one here sees your car in person, does not know the condition, and can't do inspections for exterior and interior conditions, issues, car title, lien, etc. Use KBB or similar software and disclose everything, even a ding.

I remember a guy on e46fanatics that did this exact same thing, asked members how much his car will be sold. Members chimed in but it turned out, car was salvage and exterior condition was poor.

You're not expecting a number based on the small amount of info you provided are you?

Garage: BMW i3 Giga World BEV | BMW E70 X5
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 03:20 PM   #3
codinge90
Banned
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Coupe or sedan?
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2016, 09:49 PM   #4
dmason1230
Rep

Not Really

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitalität View Post
Your question is easy but hard to answer and answers provided here will not be accurate and you can't just go by them, just like that. Why? No one here sees your car in person, does not know the condition, and can't do inspections for exterior and interior conditions, issues, car title, lien, etc. Use KBB or similar software and disclose everything, even a ding.

I remember a guy on e46fanatics that did this exact same thing, asked members how much his car will be sold. Members chimed in but it turned out, car was salvage and exterior condition was poor.

You're not expecting a number based on the small amount of info you provided are you?
No I didn't expect an accurate answer or an appraisal. I also didn't expect a BS answer from someone waistig their time being a douche on an enthusiast forum. I have a unique car and was looking for a drive by input was it a good or bad purchase. Things like the CATS go on those be careful. Or better look out for the transfer case, sell it before it goes. Obviously things that KBB couldn't answer.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2016, 09:52 PM   #5
dmason1230
Rep

Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by codinge90 View Post
Coupe or sedan?
Sedan and it's super fun. I feel like these specific options are rare. Only thing that puts me off is how "tight" the 6MT is. The clutch has very little distance before it grabs fully, kinda feels as though I'm gonna burn it fast. I have heard of people changing that aspect to get more play. "Play" as in making it easier to balance the clutch and gas on a hill.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2016, 12:46 AM   #6
codinge90
Banned
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmason1230
Quote:
Originally Posted by codinge90 View Post
Coupe or sedan?
Sedan and it's super fun. I feel like these specific options are rare. Only thing that puts me off is how "tight" the 6MT is. The clutch has very little distance before it grabs fully, kinda feels as though I'm gonna burn it fast. I have heard of people changing that aspect to get more play. "Play" as in making it easier to balance the clutch and gas on a hill.
Hmm well im over here on the west coast, see your on the east but I'd say anywhere from 10-12k. I say that because it is the pre lci sedan and the pre lci sedans have been losing lots of value recently. As long as it's in good condition though I think you could get somewhere around that. Put it up and test the waters though, doesn't hurt to try
Appreciate 0