E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > 2011 335i coupe lci halo angel eye not working

09-23-2022, 03:53 PM   #1
Natalwheat
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i Coupe

2011 335i coupe lci halo angel eye not working

Hey guys so I've never posted on a forum before but here goes. So I have a 2011 bmw 335i coupe that I ended up getting into a hit and run a few months after having it. My insurance company would not cover the damages so I did most of the repairs myself. The headlight was completely smashed but all of the lights still worked on it. After a week the angel eye stopped working. I wasn't surprised since the headlight was smashed. I eventually got myself a new to me headlight off eBay. I got it at a steal but it didn't come with any modules or bulbs or anything. So I would have to transfer from my broken headlight. I did and it all worked. Except the halo lights. I replaced the module for it. Twice. I replaced other modules on the headlight. To no avail. Now I've read on forums that say my footwell control module could have shut down that circuit after a short in the system ie. having a smashed headlight. I believe that it is under the dash on the passenger side. Anyway my question is how do I know if that is the issue or if I just bought a bum headlight. And also would I need to get it flashed or replaced and if I replace it do I need to have it flashed to my car. And where could I get it flashed. I'm sorry I know this is long but I've never done this before and I'd really like to fix my car.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-23-2022, 04:06 PM   #2
naf
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 328

swap the halo bulb from the good side to the bad side, see if anything changes.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2022, 04:10 PM   #3
Natalwheat
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by naf View Post
swap the halo bulb from the good side to the bad side, see if anything changes.
Unfortunately I have the LCI headlights meaning there are no bulbs for the halo lights they are led and wired into the headlight housing. Should I plug the headlight into the connector on the other side and see if it works?
Appreciate 0