E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > JW-Tuning - Do Not Buy! Poor Quality Product, Horrible Customer Service, Dishonest!!!

06-12-2009, 09:05 PM   #89
PaulBailey@ltbmw
General
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2-325 330 2-335 2-Z4 2-135 X5d

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by magmd View Post
Holy shit!!!

I can't believe i missed this. The fitment sux complete ass!! Sorry you have to go through this. I can't believe companies send shit out like this. I mean, don't they at least look at the products they make before shipping it out?? Minor fitments can happen...but come on! This should have been noticed right away just by anyone familiar with the original piece.

Good luck getting this resolved.
Thanks Mig. I was thinking the same thing.
Hopefully they make things right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankiE90 View Post
hmmm. emmm, emmm.

u should start another thread.
in a good way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Septro View Post
JW-Tuning finally got back to me as well and it looks like they are redesigning the diffuser due to the fitment issues. The communication has gotten somewhat better but I'd be curious if either you Paul or I get one of the new type diffusers and see if they actually hold to their word and fix them.
Glad to hear they got back to you. I haven't heard a response from them yet. Hopefully they're sending out my replacement now.
Goodluck to you man.
We both need it.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2009, 11:42 PM   #90
hasrice
MOAR POWERRRR
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92

wow man, its soo bad it looks like it isn't even for an e90. the damage has been done.

JW-tuning boycott! They are now only trying to save face by doing an exchange, judging on their initial response I won't even give them a look in the future.

If you didn't use the power of numbers, they probably would of stiffed you soo hard.

They are soo fucked now.

Hope the exchange works for you so you can end this nightmare.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2009, 04:01 AM   #91
KkSc
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 13'FR-S/15' F80 M3

good to hear that JW is sending back a replacement!

2015 F80 Alpine White M3
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2009, 04:32 AM   #92
ZuerstBMW
¡Viva España!
Rep
Drives: 2023 230i Mineral White

Do they not test these items before they sell them?
      06-13-2009, 04:51 AM   #93
SES_D
pewpew
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535i

Is this resolved yet? Sorry to hear you got such a poor fitment product. Reminds me of the POS diffuser that Duke Dynamics sells.

it sucks that the vendor puts the customer through so much trouble with a product that they claim 100% fitment. They should know it takes time, effort, money to send the product back and receive a new one.

After reading this thread...I am truly disappointed on how JW-Tuning handled this situation. Good job with the detailed pictures of all the problems!
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2009, 03:58 PM   #94
PaulBailey@ltbmw
General
Italy
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasrice View Post
wow man, its soo bad it looks like it isn't even for an e90. the damage has been done.

JW-tuning boycott! They are now only trying to save face by doing an exchange, judging on their initial response I won't even give them a look in the future.

If you didn't use the power of numbers, they probably would of stiffed you soo hard.

They are soo fucked now.

Hope the exchange works for you so you can end this nightmare.
Yeah, they were definitely going to screw me before I posted this thread. Thanks to everyone's response and taking my side they came around and said they were going to make this right. I hope they fallow through with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KkSc View Post
good to hear that JW is sending back a replacement!
I sure hope they do, I haven't heard anything yet. I'm hoping it's in the mail now but no word yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZuerstBMW View Post
Do they not test these items before they sell them?
It doesn't look like it from the "perfect fitment" Diffuser I recieved. If they had tried to installed it for test fit purposes they would have seen right away that it isn't the slightest bit perfect, and it doesn't fit at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SES_D View Post
Is this resolved yet? Sorry to hear you got such a poor fitment product. Reminds me of the POS diffuser that Duke Dynamics sells.

it sucks that the vendor puts the customer through so much trouble with a product that they claim 100% fitment. They should know it takes time, effort, money to send the product back and receive a new one.

After reading this thread...I am truly disappointed on how JW-Tuning handled this situation. Good job with the detailed pictures of all the problems!
This has not been resolved yet, I'm pretty bummed about the quality of the product and customer service i got.
I've heard good and bad things about Duke Dynamics as well but I feel that going with him I probably could have had a bit easier time with a situation like this. I know LTBMW could work his magic there.
As for the pictures, I feel that if you're going to make a claim you should be able to prove it. Don't just complain about it, show everyone what you're complaining about, otherwise it's just hearsay. Too many threads in the vendor feedback forums without proper evidence.
Thanks guys for all of your support.

And thanks JW-Tuning for trying to make this a little better.
I look forward to recieving my new diffuser.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2009, 07:36 PM   #95
d3l0n
I love the ///M3, but I want 550hp ///M5
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW330iE90

Garage List
omg.. that sux!.. i'm sorry to hear about this experience
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2009, 12:46 AM   #96
Mote
Colonel
Colombia
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 - 1991 E30

Wow Paul. Sorry this happened to you.

I don't understand how people can harp on you for taking a little while to get around to resolving this. Installs and car mods arent always as cut and dry as people want to make it seem. I know from my own experience I had my 3D design diffuser sitting in my office for almost 2 months before i could get it on. I couldn't just install it the next day because my exhaust needed to be modified in order for it to fit. Even putting my diffuser up against my MTECH rear bumper it didn't look like it was going to fit very well, but there was no actual way of knowing until we had it on the car. Luckily it did, but I know what you mean by not wanting to jump the gun and get on their case.

5 days is a ridiculous return policy. Especially on parts that might require professional help. Finding a reputable installer is hard enough.

I hope JW can correct all this and own up to it.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2009, 04:37 PM   #97
shift330
Blue Force Tracker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Wow, just read all 5 pages and that is shitty. It's sad that JW won't do a damn thing about their garbage product until you call them out publicly. Thanks for the heads up!

Stay safe 855th MP Company! Hosmer/Espinoza you're my boys!!
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2009, 05:06 AM   #98
Patman
Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: E91 Touring 320d

Garage List
my quad CF diffuser from JW-Tuning is right now being installed and the are some "huge" gaps on the left and much more on the right. Something about 4-5mm.

i am a bit disapointed of the product's fitment

i previously had a single CF diffuser from adamaster, i did much better fit (also they carbon-ed a OEM diffuser, as i saw). sure it was 10x heavier that the JW-Tuning's quad CF diffuser, but it did fit right on the cornes, borners, and so on.

we will see once the car is down the lift ...
      06-20-2009, 06:36 AM   #99
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lola

Garage List
I'm done with aftermarket parts from Asia. Everyone claims perfect fitment and then when you get the item, it's either cracked, doesn't fit for shit, paint color is off, etc. It's either OEM or euro for me. Higher standards and quality.
      06-29-2009, 10:29 PM   #100
PaulBailey@ltbmw
General
Italy
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3l0n View Post
omg.. that sux!.. i'm sorry to hear about this experience
Thanks man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mote View Post
Wow Paul. Sorry this happened to you.

I don't understand how people can harp on you for taking a little while to get around to resolving this. Installs and car mods arent always as cut and dry as people want to make it seem. I know from my own experience I had my 3D design diffuser sitting in my office for almost 2 months before i could get it on. I couldn't just install it the next day because my exhaust needed to be modified in order for it to fit. Even putting my diffuser up against my MTECH rear bumper it didn't look like it was going to fit very well, but there was no actual way of knowing until we had it on the car. Luckily it did, but I know what you mean by not wanting to jump the gun and get on their case.

5 days is a ridiculous return policy. Especially on parts that might require professional help. Finding a reputable installer is hard enough.

I hope JW can correct all this and own up to it.
Yup, you know exactly where i'm coming from. There's other factors that play into the time frame of a new install.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift330 View Post
Wow, just read all 5 pages and that is shitty. It's sad that JW won't do a damn thing about their garbage product until you call them out publicly. Thanks for the heads up!
Yeah, as long as they come threw and fix this problem i'll be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patman View Post
my quad CF diffuser from JW-Tuning is right now being installed and the are some "huge" gaps on the left and much more on the right. Something about 4-5mm.

i am a bit disapointed of the product's fitment

i previously had a single CF diffuser from adamaster, i did much better fit (also they carbon-ed a OEM diffuser, as i saw). sure it was 10x heavier that the JW-Tuning's quad CF diffuser, but it did fit right on the cornes, borners, and so on.

we will see once the car is down the lift ...
So how did it turn out? Pics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyBimmerDude View Post
I'm done with aftermarket parts from Asia. Everyone claims perfect fitment and then when you get the item, it's either cracked, doesn't fit for shit, paint color is off, etc. It's either OEM or euro for me. Higher standards and quality.
Yeah OEM and Euro parts are just so damn expensive.
BMW doesn't even make a CF diffuser for the E90 335 yet though.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2009, 10:39 PM   #101
SES_D
pewpew
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535i

still not resolved?
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2009, 02:41 PM   #102
WeeMan335
Captain
Rep
Drives: e90 335

IF I was JW, I would give you a full refund and throw in the item on da house. Retail reputation is so much more important then a few hundred lost bucks.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2009, 12:34 AM   #103
roozie2001
Just some guy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 White 335i sedan

GL bro. keep us up to date. I was gonna buy something from the guy but i didnt trust him cuz hes in hong kong. i dont care where the product is made but if the vendor isnt in the states with a physical address. im not buying from them. Cuz if my product is messed up or i get screwed i wanna know whos ass to go after.
      07-02-2009, 01:47 AM   #104
iheartsole
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 08 335i coupe

yeah what's the update?
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2009, 03:19 PM   #105
Kensta335
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby9 View Post
I got two CF diffusers from adamaster a year ago and had the same problem: Impossible fitment. Took six months but I finally got my money back!!! All of my other bits including spoiler and splitters are all OEM now. They fit like a glove! Paid more but it's worth it! I just wish that BMW would make a dual exhaust CF diffuser...

An example of my woes that seem to mirror what you experienced:

Hmm from the pics it looks like you tried to install the CF diffuser over your oem one? Have you tried taking off the oem first?
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2009, 07:31 PM   #106
AV9
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 m3

damn that sux...sorry to here paul
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2009, 10:57 PM   #107
Boost Gomez
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
That's the shittiest CF piece I've ever seen.
      07-26-2009, 10:32 AM   #108
uberschnell
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Wide Body 1

Wow - Hats off to a brilliant company

They have found a way to pawn off the R & D - what a cost savings!!

Why do any yourself? Just wait until your customers try and do something like, INSTALL IT, to determine if your prototype works!!

Honestly, what the hell?? Did no one at all take a moment to install it, say after popping out the first prototype, to determine that it might be COMPLELETY off??

You wait to sell the POS before determining it needs to be "Redesigned"...nice
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2009, 04:16 PM   #109
PaulBailey@ltbmw
General
Italy
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SES_D View Post
still not resolved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartsole View Post
yeah what's the update?
Nope! Still not resolved an it looks like its not going to get resolved any time soon. I guess I get screwed.
I tried sending them a PM right now and this is the message i recieved:
Quote:
JW-Tuning has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove JW-Tuning from the recipient list and send the message again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeMan335 View Post
IF I was JW, I would give you a full refund and throw in the item on da house. Retail reputation is so much more important then a few hundred lost bucks.
Yeah well they are clearly not a good respectable company. They're just looking to get paid and get lost. Terrible customer service

Quote:
Originally Posted by roozie2001 View Post
GL bro. keep us up to date. I was gonna buy something from the guy but i didnt trust him cuz hes in hong kong. i dont care where the product is made but if the vendor isnt in the states with a physical address. im not buying from them. Cuz if my product is messed up or i get screwed i wanna know whos ass to go after.
Yeah, do not buy anything from them. It would be a huge gamble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvZbMvE View Post
damn that sux...sorry to here paul
Yup. Definitely sucks! Looks like I just gave away $400.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Gomez View Post
That's the shittiest CF piece I've ever seen.
Yeah that's what everyone i've showed the piece to has said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MteK View Post
Wow - Hats off to a brilliant company

They have found a way to pawn off the R & D - what a cost savings!!

Why do any yourself? Just wait until your customers try and do something like, INSTALL IT, to determine if your prototype works!!

Honestly, what the hell?? Did no one at all take a moment to install it, say after popping out the first prototype, to determine that it might be COMPLELETY off??

You wait to sell the POS before determining it needs to be "Redesigned"...nice
Hey, it worked for them. . . They got the cash and got rid of the shity product.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2009, 01:34 AM   #110
Septro
Banned
Rep
Drives: '08 e90 335xi

Paul - email them at info@jw-tuning.com. They answer there. I finally got a tracking number for their new diffuser yesterday after weeks of no response and emails being sent and finally having to threaten more bad reviews at all bimmer sites I know.

I'll post some pics up to see if they actually fixed the fitment issues but I'm not holding my breadth.
Appreciate 0