E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Kyung Baek aka Jbe90 is a scammer!!!!

08-27-2009, 03:49 PM   #23
Smokey
Lucky Lefty
Rep
Drives: on twisty roads

Garage List
2019 BMW M2 Comp  [0.00]
2017 Porsche Macan GTS  [8.00]
2011 M3  [10.00]
2013 bmw F25 msport  [10.00]
2011 335iS  [9.60]
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazed792 View Post
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=266164

I found this thread interesting, and is probably what the OP mentioned as others getting burned. It does sound like after they did get refunded, granted they filed complaints.

:Fans the flame and runs away!

I have completely stopped what I was doing to monitor this thread

The Power of M
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 03:50 PM   #24
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Probably uses the classifieds as short term loans....

Anyway, he probably used your money to buy an ounce or something. He's high as hell on his couch laughing his ass off at you and your display of infuriation.

This can only be settled one way.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 03:51 PM   #25
Tye11
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 328i

Dude does sound like a scammer that needs the money for something. If you send cash he gets the money right away and as long as its in his account he can refund instantly. If however he already withdrew your money and has 0 in his paypal he can't refund until there is money in his bank or paypal. I really hope this works out for you but sadly you mite be really fucked, I had 2 people scam me this way and when I won the dispute they have me back .26 cents and said the rest will be given when the paypal account holder has enough to pay me back...
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 03:59 PM   #26
Tye11
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 328i

I say you put him on blast at work if you can pm me his paypal info adress and all that I think I can give him a pretty hard time
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 04:04 PM   #27
Tyrant 3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tye11 View Post
Dude does sound like a scammer that needs the money for something. If you send cash he gets the money right away and as long as its in his account he can refund instantly. If however he already withdrew your money and has 0 in his paypal he can't refund until there is money in his bank or paypal. I really hope this works out for you but sadly you mite be really fucked, I had 2 people scam me this way and when I won the dispute they have me back .26 cents and said the rest will be given when the paypal account holder has enough to pay me back...
If this happens I'm going to do a charge back via my credit card company and find this asshole when I get to California next month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tye11 View Post
I say you put him on blast at work if you can pm me his paypal info adress and all that I think I can give him a pretty hard time
Tye thanks a lot for your offered help but I'm going to give this guy till Saturday like he claims to refund my money. He said it in front of everyone here so we'll see if he follows through. If not then we can move forward for sure.

The shitty thing is I really want a JB3 and this ass has my money for that and now I can't buy one till I get this money back. Man being married and having the wife watch what you spend on the car sucks lol.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 04:08 PM   #28
bimmertt
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant 3 View Post
If this happens I'm going to do a charge back via my credit card company and find this asshole when I get to California next month.
I thought you said you paid by cash? If you paid via credit card you can do a charge back now and get your money back tomorrow. Then he has to deal with PayPal, not you.

Always pay via credit card. Paypal won't protect you in any way if you get ripped off. Your credit card company on the other hand will...
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 04:12 PM   #29
Tyrant 3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtsx07 View Post
I thought you said you paid by cash? If you paid via credit card you can do a charge back now and get your money back tomorrow. Then he has to deal with PayPal, not you.

Always pay via credit card. Paypal won't protect you in any way if you get ripped off. Your credit card company on the other hand will...
My paypal is setup through my credit card. It sends the money and clears it instantly. It's pretty much the same thing as sending cash...the point being it clears instantly. Sigh this whole thing sucks....
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 04:14 PM   #30
bimmertt
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
My paypal is setup through my credit card. It sends the money and clears it instantly. It's pretty much the same thing as sending cash...the point being it clears instantly. Sigh this whole thing sucks....
so why aren't you calling your credit card company again???....when you file a charge back they take the money directly from PayPal and credit your credit card. Paypal then has the incentive to get the money back from this guy.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 04:16 PM   #31
Tyrant 3
Banned
Rep

JB jsut sent me this...
Quote:
Dude, if you paid with a card, you could get a refund right away. Just call your credit card company and dispute the transaction. Then paypal will charge me and take the refund back.

I wish you told me this before...
Sign on to Paypal! Click Resolution center. Click close dispute. Check the box saying give buyer full refund. Be done with this shit! I shouldn't have to call my credit card company and have problems with paypal cause your to much of a prick to just give me back my money. I'm not your fucking ATM! This isn't some game where you use the money for the weekend or till you get paid. Shit I bet it's sitting in your paypal right now or already spent on some other random BS item you want.

Weird how randomly your selling a JB3 V1.4 for exactly what I want to spend and didn't post it up for sale on the forums....
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 04:17 PM   #32
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

This is interesting :P

So did you pay cash or by CC?

Also, it is very logical for a seller to want to wait until the money clears into his/her bank account.
Even if it clears paypal, until it clears into one's bank account, one doesn't have possession of the money.
Paypal can always take back money is they find fraud.
That's where all those Nigerian people get money from.. they paypal you money, saying that you need to write a check to one of their clients.
you write a check before the paypal clears your account (because your an idiot and listen to them saying 'it has to be sent ASAP' etc)
and then you think that you made money because paypal will be depositing the money into your bank account, but next thing you know, paypal says you have no money due to fraud; so you wrote a check, money was taken from your account, and they got rich while you're stuck.

that's why it makes perfect sense for a seller to want to wait until the fund clears into his/her bank account before moving forward.

if you did not mention that you would be going to Germany soon, that is completely your fault.

no one should ship out an item until they have the money in their hands (literally or digital)
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 04:19 PM   #33
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
if you pay through card, it is not the same as cash.

when you make a direct transfer from you bank account, it is like cash; but when you send money charging it to your card, it's different.

I too have my CC setup with paypal, but I also have a bank account.

Just be patient... if you filed a dispute, you'll get your money.

You can't pay and expect it to be sent ASAP... people have lives you know... and this isn't eBay
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 04:21 PM   #34
bimmertt
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
JB jsut sent me this...

Sign on to Paypal! Click Resolution center. Click close dispute. Check the box saying give buyer full refund. Be done with this shit! I shouldn't have to call my credit card company and have problems with paypal cause your to much of a prick to just give me back my money. I'm not your fucking ATM! This isn't some game where you use the money for the weekend or till you get paid. Shit I bet it's sitting in your paypal right now or already spent on some other random BS item you want.
I don't think you understand what he is doing....

HE IS NOT GOING TO REFUND YOU YOUR MONEY. THE MONEY IS ALREADY IN HIS BANK ACCOUNT. PayPal is going to try to dip into his PayPal account but the money is already gone.

The only way for you to get your money back at this point is to go through your credit card company. HE KNOWS THIS....YOU (AND PAYPAL) HAVE OFFICIALLY BEEN SCAMMED.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 04:23 PM   #35
Tyrant 3
Banned
Rep

Persian I understand what your saying but that's basically saying every company on the face of the earth that does business on paypal should wait the 3-4 days to deposit the money into their bank account before processing someones order? I mean I don't know about you guys but when I sell something the buyer is usually hassling me for a tracking number a day or two later at the latest. I have done a retarded amount of transactions on paypal and not once have I run into this this. To answer your question my paypal account is setup to take money straight off my credit card and to the seller. Once sent there is now "pending" or "hold" placed on the funds. The funds are in his paypal ready to spend on another item or to deposit into his bank account.

Persian, I was told he would ship today. That's why I sent the money in the first place. He also has a long history of doing this. Sure I already filed a dispute but instead of ending the dispute which I MIGHT win he is dragging it out just to fuck me over. I don't know if you see what all is going on here.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 04:23 PM   #36
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Let's go find him then.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 04:26 PM   #37
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Persian I understand what your saying but that's basically saying every company on the face of the earth that does business on paypal should wait the 3-4 days to deposit the money into their bank account before processing someones order? I mean I don't know about you guys but when I sell something the buyer is usually hassling me for a tracking number a day or two later at the latest. I have done a retarded amount of transactions on paypal and not once have I run into this this. To answer your question my paypal account is setup to take money straight off my credit card and to the seller. Once sent there is now "pending" or "hold" placed on the funds. The funds are in his paypal ready to spend on another item or to deposit into his bank account.
If you have a merchant account with paypal, it's different than a personal account.

The fact that a dispute has been filed, the money may have not been deposited into his bank account...

Since you used a CC, tell them to put a stop to the charge.

And instead of emailing paypal or whatever, get on the phone and call.

Or wait... I guess...
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 04:26 PM   #38
Tyrant 3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
Let's go find him then.
lol your alright in my book man.

Persian:: I can upgrade my personal paypal account to a business account by pressing three buttons. Doesn't change anything with transactions. I doubt one person reading this has been told to wait till the money is deposited into his bank account before moving forward with a transaction.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 04:34 PM   #39
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
lol your alright in my book man.

Persian:: I can upgrade my personal paypal account to a business account by pressing three buttons. Doesn't change anything with transactions. I doubt one person reading this has been told to wait till the money is deposited into his bank account before moving forward with a transaction.
Well, I haven't had a personal account in years, so maybe things have changed since back then.
But i remember when I had upgraded a while back, transaction speed was quicker.
So I really don't have any current experience with a personal account.

And actually, whenever I have sold anything on here (or craigslist or eBay) I have told the buyer that until the money has 100% cleared, I will not ship. Of course, this was agreed upon prior to any money be sent.

Maybe you two should have talked more before you sent him the money

But fyi, posting on here, and pissing him off isn't going to do anything...

the only thing the mods here can do is ban him.

Otherwise, you really gain nothing from this.... except him getting mad and wanting to make you more mad by taking his time...

I know you want your money, and you deserved it yesterday, but raising up hell (usually) doesn't help...
Plus, considering all your posts have basically just been on here, you yourself don't have much of a reputation here (yet).
I guess sellers in the future may be reluctant to sell you things in the future?
I don't know, just a guess.

Nonetheless, gl with getting your money, and patience really is a virtue...
it's only been like a day and you're already going crazy....
Business transactions, small and big, take time...
it takes Medicare almost 10 days to pay my company.... and Medical gave us stupid IOUs.... but there's nothing one can do about it because the world doesn't revolve around us :P
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 04:35 PM   #40
KnuckleZ
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 09 AW 335i Sedan

Garage List
2009 335i  [0.00]
aside from reading what happened in the past, i have ran into similar situations with people buying from me on other forums. If you/they do not have a backup funding source on your paypal, money is sent as an e-check and takes a few days to clear.

That being said, along with his previous scam attempts, i hope you get this resolved and get your money back as he is a repeat scammer. If the money has cleared into his account, call paypal, file a dispute online, etc. If you let him delay you over 30 days, paypal will tell you to screw off and nothing they can do. The shitty thing is paypal sides with the seller on issues like this.

This is the main reason i go thru established vendors. People get scammed every single second of the day.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 04:38 PM   #41
Tyrant 3
Banned
Rep

Persian I will get my money back or some sort of reparation one way or another. I know plenty of people around where this ass hat lives. The main thing I want is for other people not to get owned by this guy. It was my own fault for not searching his name first. I wish there was something more noticeable about someone like this. Either way I posted so hopefully people will read it and be weary of transactions like this and with this member.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 04:40 PM   #42
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Persian I will get my money back or some sort of reparation one way or another. I know plenty of people around where this ass hat lives. The main thing I want is for other people not to get owned by this guy. It was my own fault for not searching his name first. I wish there was something more noticeable about someone like this. Either way I posted so hopefully people will read it and be weary of transactions like this and with this member.
Well, there is a feedback system :P

And the other guy is right: 30 days is pretty much all you got :/
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 04:42 PM   #43
E92-Lighting
United_States
Rep
Drives: Next Generation LED Lighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazed792 View Post
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=266164

I found this thread interesting, and is probably what the OP mentioned as others getting burned. It does sound like after they did get refunded, granted they filed complaints.

:Fans the flame and runs away!

ouch
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 04:44 PM   #44
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92-Lighting View Post
ouch
+1

I think this guy floats himself some cash this way. Wouldn't be surprised if he's doing it on other forums as well.
Appreciate 0