E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Construct Auto-Terrible fitment + customer service

11-07-2009, 02:09 PM   #67
klipseracer
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i, 05 E46 330i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
2005 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KkSc View Post
wow...so you never even received the $100 that Construct was talking about..that sucks...
Yes he did. If he's trying to imply he did not receive a partial refund that would mean he's telling two stories because he's told me that he did receive one. Its also not the vendor's fault that you painted and spent all that money which you claim is so obviously poorly fitting. Its the buyers responsibility to do their homework and or due diligence and make sure everything looks right. Not to blindly pay an idiotic bodyshop to paint a bumper that doesn't fit AT ALL as you put it. If your body shop were half as good as anyone would hope they were, they would notice this and let you know before you painted a non-functional piece. If you tripped over this bumper and broke your neck you can't blame it on the vendor because they shouldn't have sold you such a POS to begin with. There is a fine line where you have to accept responsibility. No one is going to start some donation charity campaign to help you out so right now you are just complaining.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2009, 03:44 PM   #68
jcarlucci1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 335i

You are getting REALLY annoying. I ACCEPTED the offer for a $100 refund. According to the credit card company, they still have no record of it, which means I have not received it..when and if it does go through, I will post that it was received. Like I said in the other post, you obviously have an agenda here with your nonstop praise of constructauto, so give it a rest because it is not helpful to anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klipseracer View Post
Yes he did. If he's trying to imply he did not receive a partial refund that would mean he's telling two stories because he's told me that he did receive one. Its also not the vendor's fault that you painted and spent all that money which you claim is so obviously poorly fitting. Its the buyers responsibility to do their homework and or due diligence and make sure everything looks right. Not to blindly pay an idiotic bodyshop to paint a bumper that doesn't fit AT ALL as you put it. If your body shop were half as good as anyone would hope they were, they would notice this and let you know before you painted a non-functional piece. If you tripped over this bumper and broke your neck you can't blame it on the vendor because they shouldn't have sold you such a POS to begin with. There is a fine line where you have to accept responsibility. No one is going to start some donation charity campaign to help you out so right now you are just complaining.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2009, 01:39 AM   #69
CONSTRUCTauto.com
Major
Rep
Drives: e90 335i - Retired, e36 M3

The refund of $100 was issued to you on Ict 30th. It was in your paypal account since that date. You have to login into your account and transfer the $ to your bank account. That is obviously your responsibility, i have done my part as promissed and on time. Any more handholding i can do here?
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2009, 01:42 AM   #70
MMAJNKE
MMA Changed My Life!
Japan
Rep
Drives: e92 m3 & f30 328i

Garage List
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2009, 02:16 AM   #71
jcarlucci1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

I know how to use paypal, thanks . I still do not have a refund. You're a real smartass though..If you dont believe me we can both get on the phone with my credit card company and paypal and verify it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONSTRUCTauto.com View Post
The refund of $100 was issued to you on Ict 30th. It was in your paypal account since that date. You have to login into your account and transfer the $ to your bank account. That is obviously your responsibility, i have done my part as promissed and on time. Any more handholding i can do here?
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2009, 02:25 AM   #72
jcarlucci1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Here is a screenshot of my paypal with all received transactions since October 11..so where is your refund, because I dont see it?
Attached Images

Last edited by jcarlucci1; 11-08-2009 at 01:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2009, 02:41 AM   #73
Z22Z
Lieutenant
Armenia
Rep
Drives: WRX

the bumper may have been bad but why did you paint it and then complain?
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2009, 03:53 AM   #74
Shazmonkee
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92

Garage List
I wonder what constructauto has to say to that paypal screenshot lol. and Z22Z, a lot of people are eager to put parts on their car--especially when it is typically advertised as perfect fitment guaranteed. I learned from other people's mistake, so I plan to always test the fitment before I make any paint/install decisions, but if I were in jcar's position, I would've just painted it and installed it too.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2009, 10:17 AM   #75
sashmanparker
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 335, 97 m3, 92 patrol

i dont understand why common business courtesy isnt practiced in the aftermarket car parts world its like your always getting the runaround and when something doesnt "fit" nobody wants to take responsibility. As a small business owner myself I always tell myself and my employees that the CUSTOMER IS THE BOSS. Its not a big surprise to me why companies/vendors dont stay in business as long as other companies. Its easily related to the fact that they practice poor business skills. Even if the customer is wrong sometimes its easier to take a little hit for the long run as im sure this thread will hurt sales through this forum. I understand that the vendor itself doesnt feel at fault as he mentions that he gives fair warning about the part not being perfect but if the customer isnt happy with the near fitment wats the problem with a return and refund. The best way of advertising is word of mouth and it seems to me you guys have/had a pretty good reputation. I myself have been waiting for the e92 amuse front bumper that you guys are going to release but im having second thoughts just because of the way that you guys handle your business. I personally would stop any issue before it went public like this.

******To be fair I dont mean to point fingers to just 1 single vendor, unfortunately this happens all around the modding world.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2009, 12:59 PM   #76
CONSTRUCTauto.com
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazmonkee View Post
I wonder what constructauto has to say to that paypal screenshot lol. and Z22Z, a lot of people are eager to put parts on their car--especially when it is typically advertised as perfect fitment guaranteed. I learned from other people's mistake, so I plan to always test the fitment before I make any paint/install decisions, but if I were in jcar's position, I would've just painted it and installed it too.
See the attached images. I did my part. The customer never told me that he had not received a refund. I am hearing about this for the first time on this forum.

Nobody advertised this particular bumper to Josh as perfect fitment. He was aware of the problems. What gets me is if the bumper was so bad, why would Josh paint, install it and only then try to get his money back. Obviously there is an attempt here to force money out of my company by making his post and reporting to BBB etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sashmanparker View Post
i dont understand why common business courtesy isnt practiced in the aftermarket car parts world its like your always getting the runaround and when something doesnt "fit" nobody wants to take responsibility. As a small business owner myself I always tell myself and my employees that the CUSTOMER IS THE BOSS. Its not a big surprise to me why companies/vendors dont stay in business as long as other companies. Its easily related to the fact that they practice poor business skills. Even if the customer is wrong sometimes its easier to take a little hit for the long run as im sure this thread will hurt sales through this forum. I understand that the vendor itself doesnt feel at fault as he mentions that he gives fair warning about the part not being perfect but if the customer isnt happy with the near fitment wats the problem with a return and refund. The best way of advertising is word of mouth and it seems to me you guys have/had a pretty good reputation. I myself have been waiting for the e92 amuse front bumper that you guys are going to release but im having second thoughts just because of the way that you guys handle your business. I personally would stop any issue before it went public like this.

******To be fair I dont mean to point fingers to just 1 single vendor, unfortunately this happens all around the modding world.
I follow that same philosophy with my customers. Customer IS always right. Any of my customers can back up that the service I provide is timely, fare and goes beyond any return policy that I publish. Trust me, I have taken some financial hits before to keep a customer happy...they all are.

There is an exception when the customer is abrasive, rude and threatens you with layers/negative forum postings/BBB calls etc. At that point any business will tell the customer to follow their outlined policies and shut down the communications. I am here to stay and I would not drag this out on the forum if I was given a reasonable way to settle it.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-08-2009, 01:11 PM   #77
jcarlucci1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

For the last time, I DONT WANT MONEY. I want a bumper that fits right. I dont need the money. And as you can see from my paypal screenshot, I did not receive a refund.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2009, 05:56 PM   #78
AlpineG05
hi
Rep
Drives: Alpine White G05

why not give him a bumper that fits? I would be pissed if the downpipes i bought from AR for 7 bills didn't fit and was only offered a 100 dollars in return. 100 dollars won't make that bumper fit PROPERLY. i don't know 100% of the details, but in my line of work in Vineyard Management you always look out for the customer because they keep you in business.
      11-08-2009, 07:02 PM   #79
lopealle
Resident Black Guy
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: Lion

Garage List
2006 M5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine 335i View Post
why not give him a bumper that fits? I would be pissed if the downpipes i bought from AR for 7 bills didn't fit and was only offered a 100 dollars in return. 100 dollars won't make that bumper fit PROPERLY. i don't know 100% of the details, but in my line of work in Vineyard Management you always look out for the customer because they keep you in business.

you are definitely right
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2009, 09:01 PM   #80
CONSTRUCTauto.com
Major
Rep

Quote:
Because it is a one-off deal negotiated between my company and Josh. If I had my regular bumpers in stock, I'd ask him to pay more money and would shipped him the one that has no issues.

After all that I have described to him, he should not have purchased the bumper. It was his choice abnd he did it knowingly.

As mentioned before, the only issue at hand was the gap on the bottom. That particular problem has been taken care of with a refund and now he is just trying to get money out of us.

Also this whole thread makes an impression that the bumper does not fit the car at all. I'd like to see pictures where that bumper meets the fender panels and the area under the hood. I am pretty sure that it fits very well. Everything else was described to him before the purchase.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2009, 09:04 PM   #81
jcarlucci1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

That would make sense wouldnt it?? Unfortunately most of the vendors here dont work that way..they will just move on to the next sale until they screw over enough people that no one buys from them any more.

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2009, 09:11 PM   #82
mig28
Major
Rep
Drives: She's black, wild, 'n hawt!!

Quote:

sorry Im not on neither side but again we knew ourself that sometimes little issues for the customer can make things big due some members who are flaming to the op or just make it worst by saying anythings bad.and its true that there is bunch of kids are in this forum who love seeing this kind of problems or issues.

again,for those who are not involve with the op,need to stay away.
i know that its free to critic but at least let the op and the customers solvethemself.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2009, 09:57 PM   #83
JoeyBananaz18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: metrocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mig28 View Post
sorry Im not on neither side but again we knew ourself that sometimes little issues for the customer can make things big due some members who are flaming to the op or just make it worst by saying anythings bad.and its true that there is bunch of kids are in this forum who love seeing this kind of problems or issues.

again,for those who are not involve with the op,need to stay away.
i know that its free to critic but at least let the op and the customers solvethemself.
A. you defintely need to learn english.
B. having us staying out of their personal affairs went right out the window when this particular personal affair was brought into a public forum.

Both parties make excellent arguments. but Construct, I'm sorry. you shot yourself in the foot when you admitted in this forum that you knew that particular bumper was not made to correct standards. and you still knowingly sent it out to a customer.
However......
At the same time, as it was already stated, you and the OP (josh) have considered the matter closed. BUT wait. theres more.......

Quote:
however since you did admitt to the OP, everyone else posting here (potential customers), and others who are just reading, that the bumper was in fact defective and basically took advantage of josh, i say that you make right with your actions and offer to replace it with a propper fitting bumper.

Can we expect the same problem with the Amuse trunks? If so i'll wait for mine.
7/18/09- I pick up my baby- 2009 E92 335i Xdrive, Space Gray over Coral Red. Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, M-Sport Pkg, 193Ms, Gloss Black grills, Custom Gloss Black Mirrors, Performance shift and E-brake boot, M3 spoiler, Euro fog switch, gloss black interior tim, Coco-Mats (red/black), H&R coilovers, 19'' Alufelgen SF-71s......
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2009, 10:03 PM   #84
e9009
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI

Garage List
2009 E90  [0.00]
hmm.. so if I understand this correctly.. you sell products with perfect fitment.. as well as poorly fitting products at a discount.. hmmm..
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2009, 10:05 PM   #85
Shazmonkee
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92

Garage List
Well from what constructauto is saying, he mentions the flaw in the ones they're selling. I believe they stock, unlike some vendors, so they can look at the product before shipping. So it's up to the customer whether to accept the discounted, flawed products, or the regular priced, perfect fitted product
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2009, 12:02 AM   #86
AlpineG05
hi
Rep
Drives: Alpine White G05

Quote:
Because it is a one-off deal negotiated between my company and Josh. If I had my regular bumpers in stock, I'd ask him to pay more money and would shipped him the one that has no issues.

After all that I have described to him, he should not have purchased the bumper. It was his choice abnd he did it knowingly.

As mentioned before, the only issue at hand was the gap on the bottom. That particular problem has been taken care of with a refund and now he is just trying to get money out of us.

Also this whole thread makes an impression that the bumper does not fit the car at all. I'd like to see pictures where that bumper meets the fender panels and the area under the hood. I am pretty sure that it fits very well. Everything else was described to him before the purchase.
i understand and it makes sense so i'm in no way attacking you. i just think the issue could be solved by replacing the bumper that's all, both parties will be happy and end on good terms. Plus who knows you may get more sales out of being a good businessman.
      11-09-2009, 12:20 AM   #87
JoeyBananaz18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: metrocard

Quote:
i understand and it makes sense so i'm in no way attacking you. i just think the issue could be solved by replacing the bumper that's all, both parties will be happy and end on good terms. Plus who knows you may get more sales out of being a good businessman.
+1. he'd get mine based on the siple fact that he would prove that he's a stand up guy
7/18/09- I pick up my baby- 2009 E92 335i Xdrive, Space Gray over Coral Red. Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, M-Sport Pkg, 193Ms, Gloss Black grills, Custom Gloss Black Mirrors, Performance shift and E-brake boot, M3 spoiler, Euro fog switch, gloss black interior tim, Coco-Mats (red/black), H&R coilovers, 19'' Alufelgen SF-71s......
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2009, 08:15 AM   #88
jcarlucci1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

You are just a flat out liar. There is no "one off" deal. The bumper I purchased is the same one you advertise on e90post and your website. I did not get a discount, I paid the same as everyone else..I have talked to several other people that have purchased this bumper..we all paid the same price..Keep arguing though..each time, you make yourself look even worse. Do you have any idea how many people pm'd me thanking me for putting this thread up because they were about to order from you? You've lost THOUSANDS of dollars because you refuse to do the right thing.

Quote:

Appreciate 0