E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > who has the most aggressive e9x xi stance?

10-21-2015, 08:54 AM   #925
matthewjmoser
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacblack View Post

How much more can you get outta the H&R hsing the rwd top hats?
My fronts are maxed out :/
dude very niceee. more pictures of fitment and ride height. you maxed out front and rear? no helper spring right? instagram?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2015, 12:52 PM   #926
E90beater
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: Bmw Eninety

Quote:
Originally Posted by infam0us719 View Post
Still working on it..

Moar pic and wheel specs?
Look so nice

Quick question, I want to run 19x10 but offset is 40
Would it fit e90?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2015, 12:59 PM   #927
infam0us719
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by r20-turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by infam0us719 View Post
Still working on it..

Moar pic and wheel specs?
Look so nice

Quick question, I want to run 19x10 but offset is 40
Would it fit e90?

Thanks
18x10 front +6 18x12 rear +22
235/40/18 front 285/35/18 rears

Only pics I have from the setup rears used to sit lower
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-21-2015, 01:04 PM   #928
E90beater
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: Bmw Eninety

That looks good.
Lol thats quick reply
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2015, 06:42 PM   #929
Jacblack
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 COMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewjmoser View Post
dude very niceee. more pictures of fitment and ride height. you maxed out front and rear? no helper spring right? instagram?
Thanks!! I'm selling these wheels actually. My Instagram is @jeremeyalan The rears are not maxed out they can actually go lower and I can remove the helper still. The fronts are as low as they can go, with nothing removed.

Appreciate 0
      11-16-2015, 10:30 AM   #930
Rivers
Old Man
Philippines
Rep
Drives: DGM 335xi

Garage List
Appreciate 1
      11-16-2015, 09:09 PM   #931
Dylan
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 328xi Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivers View Post
Post more pics!
      11-17-2015, 09:49 AM   #932
Rivers
Old Man
Philippines
Rep
Drives: DGM 335xi

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
Post more pics!

Need to drop 1/8 in the fronts and 1/4 in the rears still.
Appreciate 1
      11-17-2015, 10:11 AM   #933
only1harry
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 335i xDrive

All you guys lowered that much with coilovers and aftermarket springs/shocks, do your cars handle better? Are you giving up a lot in ride comfort?

Experience any additional noise? Any adverse effects on the suspension or handling, or have you upgraded to aftermarket/poly bushings and/or sway bars? I would imagine this much lowering exerts additional strain on your bushings.
      11-22-2015, 07:40 PM   #934
Dylan
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by only1harry View Post
All you guys lowered that much with coilovers and aftermarket springs/shocks, do your cars handle better? Are you giving up a lot in ride comfort?

Experience any additional noise? Any adverse effects on the suspension or handling, or have you upgraded to aftermarket/poly bushings and/or sway bars? I would imagine this much lowering exerts additional strain on your bushings.
depending on how much you lower the vehicle will help with the handling, also ditching those rft's for good tires will help a bunch in that department. obviously aftermarket coilovers run stiff then stock suspensions so comfort is sacrificed depending on which setup you go with. mine is very rough personally.

lowering can cause scarping, rubbing so additional noise all depends on how low you end up going, or how wide of wheels you put on, and tires sizes. so many factors will affect that category.

I'm running all stock bushings, and sway bars. if you are tracking the car then it would probably be a good idea to change those, but not necessary.
      11-25-2015, 02:30 PM   #935
mashimarho
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: E92 M3 & F80 M3 & G82 M4

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivers View Post

Need to drop 1/8 in the fronts and 1/4 in the rears still.
Very nice.
      12-11-2015, 05:50 AM   #936
byza
Rep
Drives: 320d Fam Wagon

Hoping for some help!!! I have an E91 LCI...

I have bought a square setup which will end up being 19x9 Et21 on the front and still trying work out rear fitment to have same fitment in rear but could be 19x9 et5 to give same fitment front to back???.........

Am I way off? I am looking to change the M sport suspension and change to coilovers...

Keen to get this done and just struggling with pre-lci/lci etc...
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2015, 05:11 PM   #937
only1harry
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 335i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
depending on how much you lower the vehicle will help with the handling, also ditching those rft's for good tires will help a bunch in that department. obviously aftermarket coilovers run stiff then stock suspensions so comfort is sacrificed depending on which setup you go with. mine is very rough personally.

lowering can cause scarping, rubbing so additional noise all depends on how low you end up going, or how wide of wheels you put on, and tires sizes. so many factors will affect that category.

I'm running all stock bushings, and sway bars. if you are tracking the car then it would probably be a good idea to change those, but not necessary.
I understand. Thank you sir!

Harry
      12-16-2015, 08:40 AM   #938
alphamzagil
Turkey
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by only1harry View Post

I bought my car used at 145 tkm. The first problem I had was the handling. As this was my first BMW, I didn't know much about the brand. But my thought was that the top of the line on the 3 series wagon can not have this type of terrible handling. After long research in German forums, I came to the conclusion of changing the suspension. I didn't like the original rims as well. So I bought used 513M's.
But for me comfort and daily driving usability is very important.
Now with the KW3, the car is stiffer but is much more comfortable for me. Hard to desribe but you gotta feel it. Going through holes is not a problem anymore. I haven't lowered it but it looks lower and more aggressive than before. And the handling is phenomenal. Taking a curve at high speed is a joy now as it should be.

This is how it looked at the beginning:

This is how it looks now:

Appreciate 0
      12-18-2015, 09:39 PM   #939
neverdone
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: X5, 335, Ford Lightning, 63 me

Quote:
Thanks!! I'm selling these wheels actually. My Instagram is @jeremeyalan The rears are not maxed out they can actually go lower and I can remove the helper still. The fronts are as low as they can go, with nothing removed.

what's with the roots decal?
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2015, 11:39 PM   #940
Jacblack
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverdone View Post
what's with the roots decal?
What do you mean?
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2015, 12:01 AM   #941
neverdone
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
What do you mean?
Well, you know, it's a roots decal...why a roots decal, of all decals..
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2015, 08:00 AM   #942
Jacblack
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Well, you know, it's a roots decal...why a roots decal, of all decals..
http://www.rootscollectiononline.com

It's to show support to a good friends brand.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2015, 10:33 AM   #943
neverdone
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
http://www.rootscollectiononline.com

It's to show support to a good friends brand.
OK just looked at it. It's not what I thought it was, except for the fact that it kind of is. There is already a Roots brand, with the same logo that has been around for years and years which is what I thought I was looking at, but it's not.

Whats the deal with that? He started his company in 2013, so he obviously had to have known there was another Roots brand out there with the same logo. I ask why you put that particular decal on your car and I got my answer, but it's no better than putting an Oakley banner on your car, whether your friend owns it or not. Nice car, but I'm not a fan of the decals.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2015, 11:26 AM   #944
Dylan
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Soooo more pics?
      12-19-2015, 03:14 PM   #945
Jacblack
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
OK just looked at it. It's not what I thought it was, except for the fact that it kind of is. There is already a Roots brand, with the same logo that has been around for years and years which is what I thought I was looking at, but it's not.

Whats the deal with that? He started his company in 2013, so he obviously had to have known there was another Roots brand out there with the same logo. I ask why you put that particular decal on your car and I got my answer, but it's no better than putting an Oakley banner on your car, whether your friend owns it or not. Nice car, but I'm not a fan of the decals.
The roots Canada brand? The actually trademarked names of the companies are not the same. Also roots Canada nor roots collecton own nor did either invent the typeface that is being used. Nevertheless none of that even matters in the grand scheme of things and I don't care enough to even waste my time explaining any further.

You asked a question and got and answer, it's just a small as logo, it's not a "banner" I designed my livery myself or laymen terms the" stripe on my car" because I wanted something different that flows with my other modifications. You know so my car doesn't look like every single other cookie cutter e9x around here. The fading is too give the allure of motion when my car is parked and makes it look as if it is moving a lot faster while actually moving as seen in rolling shots.

Anywho back to the topic of this thread
AWD with fitment

Appreciate 0
      12-19-2015, 03:32 PM   #946
neverdone
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
The roots Canada brand? The actually trademarked names of the companies are not the same. Also roots Canada nor roots collecton own nor did either invent the typeface that is being used. Nevertheless none of that even matters in the grand scheme of things and I don't care enough to even waste my time explaining any further.

You asked a question and got and answer, it's just a small as logo, it's not a "banner" I designed my livery myself or laymen terms the" stripe on my car" because I wanted something different that flows with my other modifications. You know so my car doesn't look like every single other cookie cutter e9x around here. The fading is too give the allure of motion when my car is parked and makes it look as if it is moving a lot faster while actually moving as seen in rolling shots.

Anywho back to the topic of this thread
AWD with fitment

It would be the same thing as putting the entire gold stripe on your windshield and putting roots in the middle of it, it's a banner. Its cool that you designed your own "livery", I did the same thing, back in '05.

Not everyone is going to like it, I personally think it looks gay, especially on a BMW, but that's my opinion. I'm sure back in '05 it would have been cool. Don't mind me, I hate any decals or "livery" that isn't OEM. Hell, I even hate OEM sometimes.
Appreciate 0