E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > E90 GM1912 flash error

04-06-2017, 06:02 PM   #23
Terraphantm
Captain
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 Coupe

Did you make sure "force program programming in comfort mode" was disabled? Doesn't matter now I guess lol
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2017, 08:17 PM   #24
anjuna
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: f25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terraphantm View Post
Did you make sure "force program programming in comfort mode" was disabled? Doesn't matter now I guess lol
yes i did make sure of that before flashing.

Flash success!

Transmission seems to be more responsive. I cannot report a huge difference as i haven't had enough seat time (just my commute home) but initial observations are
- Later shifting
- Less torque converter lockup in city driving conditions
- Less "lugging" in city driving conditions (due to later shifting and less lockup)
- Quicker 1>2 shift
- Generally feels more responsive

I think over this weekend i'll try the three stage flash.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2017, 11:22 PM   #25
anjuna
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Just to follow up on the euro 330i flash.

I own a 2007 X3 and a 2008 328i

I've always felt like the trans programming in the 328 was more suited for the x3 and the x3 better suited for the 328.

Now the 328 shifts more like the x3 (sportier, later shifting, more responsive) and the x3 is.... well still just a weird car.

very happy with the results of the euro 330 flash! next up is the stage 3 manifold flash.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2017, 06:44 PM   #26
anjuna
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Odd, mechatronics is the same part number, software should be compatible. Maybe there are some revisions. I'll look. Maybe I accidentally highlighted the wrong ZB when copying/pasting.

Regarding the bat file - I don't know how that VM is setup, but I guess we can have you do things manually instead of automating it. Are things not installed on the C: drive with your VM?

Copy the 0PA and 0DA to the the EC-APPS\NFS\DATA\DEVELOP folder

Launch WinKFP, pick Expert Mode.
For P-SGBD, pick 12MSV80.prg.
For PABD, pick 12MSV80.ipo.
For ECU Address, enter 12
For Data, pick the 0da you copied over
For Program, pick the 0pa you copied over
Hit Done.
Click "Prog. Program" - let that finish
Click "Prog. Data" - let that finish (should be much quicker).

DME should be on the revised software
just finished the DME programming today.
I did not have a "develop" folder, so that could have contributed to the .bat failing. Maybe it tried to copy to a location that did not exist and got angry.

Car seems to be more responsive! it's not like i'm setting lap times with this car, so i don't have a lot to compare to, but i think between the three stage, euro intake, and the 330i tune it's running pretty well. It certainly makes a lovely noise.

Thanks you guys!
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2017, 08:34 PM   #27
Terraphantm
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjuna View Post
just finished the DME programming today.
I did not have a "develop" folder, so that could have contributed to the .bat failing. Maybe it tried to copy to a location that did not exist and got angry.

Car seems to be more responsive! it's not like i'm setting lap times with this car, so i don't have a lot to compare to, but i think between the three stage, euro intake, and the 330i tune it's running pretty well. It certainly makes a lovely noise.

Thanks you guys!
Cool! Your feeling sounds just about right for a 30hp gain, so sounds like it's working well! Between the engine tune, manifold, and the transmission software, you basically have a 330i now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerGeeks View Post
Man, I remember the days back when people paid big money to get these things done...

Seems like it was just yesterday....man it's been a quick month.
Heh, yeah, definitely can't beat that cost

Also good to know that the car starts and runs without any apparent issues. Guess Hass and I have to talk about moving to the next step for public release.

Last edited by Terraphantm; 04-08-2017 at 08:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2017, 12:06 PM   #28
anjuna
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Cool! Your feeling sounds just about right for a 30hp gain, so sounds like it's working well! Between the engine tune, manifold, and the transmission software, you basically have a 330i now.

Heh, yeah, definitely can't beat that cost

Also good to know that the car starts and runs without any apparent issues. Guess Hass and I have to talk about moving to the next step for public release.
I would say a 30hp increase is probably about right? I think most of the responsiveness comes from the engine and transmission BOTH being on the same page. Noticing the changes between the 328 and euro 330i transmission flash BEFORE the 330i DME flash was beneficial.

330i euro trans flash makes it feel like the car listens to the loud pedal position a bit better.

330i DME flash coupled with the 330i trans flash makes a responsive machine that feels quicker than just the 330i trans flash alone.

I think that the 330i DME flash with the 328i USDM flash would probably suck. I feel like it would lug around and feel sluggish. I haven't tested these results though, which i feel is crucial. If I had more understanding of the "requested torque" function and it's influence on shift points, I could help more.

I believe someone by the name of 808somethingsomethingxi on this board actually mentioned flashing a 323i trans software (don't quote me) on the 328i because of the way requested torque worked. Not sure.

Also, I have driven it about 100 miles or so and have noticed zero driveability issues. Feels just like stock, no weird starts, no weird pedal or funkyness. Just plain good.

Quote:
Man, I remember the days back when people paid big money to get these things done...

Seems like it was just yesterday....man it's been a quick month.
No kidding! I definitely thank you guys for he support and chance to be a guinea pig lol. I have two cars so it wouldn't have been the end of the world if it died.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2017, 12:29 PM   #29
Terraphantm
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I would say a 30hp increase is probably about right? I think most of the responsiveness comes from the engine and transmission BOTH being on the same page. Noticing the changes between the 328 and euro 330i transmission flash BEFORE the 330i DME flash was beneficial.

330i euro trans flash makes it feel like the car listens to the loud pedal position a bit better.

330i DME flash coupled with the 330i trans flash makes a responsive machine that feels quicker than just the 330i trans flash alone.

I think that the 330i DME flash with the 328i USDM flash would probably suck. I feel like it would lug around and feel sluggish. I haven't tested these results though, which i feel is crucial. If I had more understanding of the "requested torque" function and it's influence on shift points, I could help more.

I believe someone by the name of 808somethingsomethingxi on this board actually mentioned flashing a 323i trans software (don't quote me) on the 328i because of the way requested torque worked. Not sure.

Also, I have driven it about 100 miles or so and have noticed zero driveability issues. Feels just like stock, no weird starts, no weird pedal or funkyness. Just plain good.
Cool. Guess there's no harm in recommending other auto owners to flash the 330 transmission software when doing the upgrade. Should be perfectly safe with the pro cable. And if you end up wanting more power later on there's always the option of a tune. 330 software is probably a better starting point for a tune anyway.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2017, 06:47 PM   #30
rjahl
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4 35is

Garage List
2012 Z4 35is  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Did updating the trans remedy what you hoped for or were you just wanting to update it?
I can't say it did what wanted it to or not, but i did notice that it behaves differently. It is not an "adaptation reset" level of difference.

It shifts more economically when it should
It shifts more aggressively when it should
Torque converter lockup behavior is different

It doesn't drive "better" or "worse" but just different.

overall though, i am pleased with the outcome.
With the ZF boxes there are slight differences in the shift maps as expected but the big difference seems to be the torque converter control parameters. For me it locks up sooner giving the car a more natural feel at lower RPMs. Simply stated it feels tighter.

Doe to the differences in the shift maps the torque management through gearshifts will also feel different.

I have not found enough of the Sport mode parameters to be sure but my sport mode picked up a bid. It feels more aggressive with Brake and Corner induced shift control.

Try this, in sport mode running about 50 MPH gradually slow down to about 20 and notice the downshifts. Now do the same 50-20 with a slightly aggressive braking. My car will downshift at different points.

You can test cornering in a similar way. The TCU will log the motion and hold a gear longer when cornering. Sport mode only.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2017, 12:50 AM   #31
6ixSpd
Save the manuals!
Rep
Drives: '16 M3, '23 718 Spyder

Hold on, are you guys saying we can finally flash a 328i + 3STG with the Euro 330i DME tune now just using the Pro cable?!

Past: E92 M3, F87 M2, E39 M5, etc
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2017, 07:32 AM   #32
Terraphantm
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6ixSpd View Post
Hold on, are you guys saying we can finally flash a 328i + 3STG with the Euro 330i DME tune now just using the Pro cable?!
Yes, but we haven't released publicly yet. I just gave anjuna a couple files to test since he had the manifold installed and a pro cable
Appreciate 1
6ixSpd6011.50
      04-26-2017, 10:45 AM   #33
anjuna
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes, but we haven't released publicly yet. I just gave anjuna a couple files to test since he had the manifold installed and a pro cable
As such, I've been driving it around every day without fuss.

Seems to behaving well. I've put probably 1200 miles on it.

Only issue I've noticed is a slight stumble on engine overrun. Happens a lot in traffic, but If I hadn't been tuning cars all my life, I doubt I would have noticed.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2017, 02:38 PM   #34
anjuna
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You flashed the dme with the 330i tune as well right?

Hows it going for you?
Seems to behaving well. I've put probably 1200 miles on it.

Only issue I've noticed is a slight stumble on engine overrun. Happens a lot in traffic, but If I hadn't been tuning cars all my life, I doubt I would have noticed.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2018, 08:38 AM   #35
Al Soobie
Registered
Rep
Drives: m3

Thanks for posting. Too many people dont follow up on issues.

Had similar error in ISTA and WIN updating S65 Dme. Obviously car didnt run.

Sadly Bimmergeeks didnt respond to any of my emails or chats regarding expedited shipping/error.

Ended up borrowing real ICOM from a friend. Dont USB update, not worth the hassle especially if a customer job.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2019, 04:48 PM   #36
michalmkr
Rep
Drives: F30 328ix mpe US e60xd 430/800

Quote:
Well after a few hours using the BimmerGeeks pro cable, I am in a really good place.

That's right, all modules updated via WinKFP with VIN, the car starts and shifts, and everything is right and proper again with coding.

Thanks to all who helped. Hopefully this guide will help someone else who stumbles upon it.
Hi,

You update this all module this cable k+dcan USB from BimmerGeeks? without any problems? ccc, mulf too?

I have the same problem with WinKFP after flashing GWS - error 211

[15:14:47.986] [2019-04-02] [<WinKFP Tool] 2086 PABD/CABD GWS60 PruefeSignatur 2493
[15:14:47.986] [2019-04-02] [<WinKFP Tool] Signature check failed 10FLASH, NG_SIGNATUR_PRUEFEN (Programm): ERROR_FLASH_SIGNATURE_CHECK

[15:15:14.049] [2019-04-02] [<WinKFP Tool] 2086 Error COAPI2.CPP coapiRunCabd 6
[15:15:14.049] [2019-04-02] [<WinKFP Tool] Signature check failed SG_PROGRAMMIEREN

[15:15:14.059] [2019-04-02] [<WinKFP Tool] 2086 Error COAPIKF.CPP coapiKfProgSgD2 19
[15:15:14.059] [2019-04-02] [<WinKFP Tool] Signature check failed

Last edited by michalmkr; 04-02-2019 at 04:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2019, 09:09 PM   #37
HDFEBREZE
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 535XI

Hi OP, can you post the link of where you got the icom from , thanks.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2020, 04:39 PM   #38
robinasu
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 E70 BMW X5d

Interesting..

Quote:
Problem solved

Using the new BimmerGeeks cable with the "updated firmware"

No changes from the suggested BimmerGeeks WinFKP settings were changed. I proceeded like documented in the first post. Instead of being treated with a "error 211" fault, I was just intoduced to another flash confirmation box.

Thank you all for your efforts in this issue. We now know that the GM1912 module suffers from failure under the old firmware bug.

I still have a few error lights on the cluster, but I can now actually shift the transmission and the EGS shows up as "OKAY" and status 1.

With this proper and great cable, I will be going through one by one and documenting the progress so we can all learn from my issues.

Big ups again to BG for a great product and better customer support.
I am having that same error and I have a BimmerGeeks Expert cable- not pointing fingers at BG. I love the cable. Has any new information come up regarding this security error since this post? I am trying to program a FRR_70 radar.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2020, 08:08 AM   #39
anjuna
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinasu View Post
Quote:
Problem solved

No changes from the suggested BimmerGeeks WinFKP settings were changed. I proceeded like documented in the first post. Instead of being treated with a "error 211" fault, I was just intoduced to another flash confirmation box.

Thank you all for your efforts in this issue. We now know that the GM1912 module suffers from failure under the old firmware bug.

I still have a few error lights on the cluster, but I can now actually shift the transmission and the EGS shows up as "OKAY" and status 1.

With this proper and great cable, I will be going through one by one and documenting the progress so we can all learn from my issues.

I am having that same error and I have a BimmerGeeks Expert cable- not pointing fingers at BG. I love the cable. Has any new information come up regarding this security error since this post? I am trying to program a FRR_70 radar.
I'm sorry, I no longer have an E Series, but I still have the original cable
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2023, 09:54 PM   #40
Mapiano
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 E84

Quote:
Problem solved

Same exact error on my X1 E84. Can’t wait for my Bimmergeek cable to arrive. I am already getting excited that my bimmer will be back on the road after 2 months.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2024, 05:23 PM   #41
Donvicc
Rep
Drives: BMW E93 328i

I have a question for my more experienced colleagues.

After a successful transfer from 328i to 330i, both physically with the manifold and programmatically with the ready-made software from BimmerLab, I wanted to simultaneously update my GM GA6L45R also using a ready-made file from Bimmeslab via WinKFP, similarly to the engine map change.

The file downloaded from Bimmeslab for the gearbox is successfully loaded without any errors, but it is not possible to shift gears from P to D or anything else, and P is not displayed on the dashboard. It seems like there is no communication between the car and the gearbox controller after installing the dedicated file from the BimmerLab website. The WinKFP program automatically starts transmission after enabling the .bin file.

What am I doing wrong?
Appreciate 0