E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > BMW 330i Front Brake Pads Service HELP!!!

01-09-2013, 07:04 AM   #1
meMYKEI
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2005 E90 330i

BMW 330i Front Brake Pads Service HELP!!!

Hi guys,

My front brake pads service is showing up in iDrive and I need to get them service soon. I've been doing some readings on the forum and I think I've confused myself. There are a number of things I want to clarify before going ahead.

1. Aftermarket Brakes VS BMW OEM (I've read that aftermarket is cheaper and better performance than OEM)

2. If I decide to go for aftermarket, do the pads fit or do I need to replace calipers and rotors as well? (Recommended brands would be helpful... I'm looking at Cool Carbon but read that I need to replace the everything)

I won't be tracking this car as it is a family car but I'm looking for what's bang for bucks.

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 02:04 PM   #2
pavo335
Banned
Rep
Drives: 3.5 wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by meMYKEI
Hi guys,

My front brake pads service is showing up in iDrive and I need to get them service soon. I've been doing some readings on the forum and I think I've confused myself. There are a number of things I want to clarify before going ahead.

1. Aftermarket Brakes VS BMW OEM (I've read that aftermarket is cheaper and better performance than OEM)

2. If I decide to go for aftermarket, do the pads fit or do I need to replace calipers and rotors as well? (Recommended brands would be helpful... I'm looking at Cool Carbon but read that I need to replace the everything)

I won't be tracking this car as it is a family car but I'm looking for what's bang for bucks.

Thanks in advance.
There are a bunch of aftermarket pads available that fit stock calipers.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 05:11 PM   #3
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes
Major General
Rep
Drives: a black car

1. Aftermarket are better
2. Cool carbon are a direct replacement
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 05:55 AM   #4
meMYKEI
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2005 E90 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmroxm5 View Post
1. Aftermarket are better
2. Cool carbon are a direct replacement
Thanks for the prompt reply Stu. I remember reading somewhere that it only fits on 335i. Do you need more info on my car or that's fine?

Anyways, I've been on your website but can't seem to find the Cool Carbon specs or pricing. Could you let me know how much and if I need anything else for the front brake pads service e.g. sensor, etc.
Appreciate 0