E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Exploding Engine Coils. PIC

07-23-2019, 10:56 PM   #45
sicknick530
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i coupe n55

USED DME is possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjf430 View Post
U can't use a used DME, my Indy tried, had to get a new one. Sometimes you can do what other people are saying and change the diode or whatever, and sometimes like in my case case you cant as it was corrouded
You can clone a used dme as long as ALL the #s on the DME sticker match; exactly. I just had Mike L @( https://www.bimecu.com/ )clone a used DME that I bought off eBay for $600 for my 2011 335i lci. He charged me $300 and I've gone 5k miles since, fbo, tuned jb4 iso, no issues whatsoever.
The only thing I can think of that'd blow coils like that is if some fuel got into spark plug tubes when disconnecting fuel lines on valve cover and then you started the engine.
Appreciate 0