E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > BMW of Seattle - Service Disappointment

02-02-2012, 12:20 AM   #1
E91 Hoarder
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E91 AWD, E91 RWD, E90, X535i

BMW of Seattle

My car started having loud squeaking noise in the rear. Previously I heard good things about BMW Seattle, so I took my car there. They told me that in order to diagnose the problem, they needed the car for a day. Later the SA called me saying they found the source of squeaking, which was caused by twisted sway bar bushings and recommended replacement. However, since it is a tear and wear part, it won't be covered under CPO. He gave me a quote for the job, which was obviously high.

I decided to repair the car in the local BMW certified indy shop. They did the repair according to the dealership diagnostics. However, the squeaking did not go away - Seattle BMW clearly misdiagnosed the problem. This misdiagnose cost me a couple hundred bucks for the repair I did not need...

So... I take the car back to Seattle and ask them to re-diagnose the car, and this time really find the source of the problem. Now surprise - I need to pay another couple hundreds $$ for them to look at it again! REALLY? WTF? %#$!!! BMW Seattle didn't want to stand up to their errors!

At this point I was frustrated enough and did not want to waste my time with them. Overall, I am very disappointed, they lost all the credibility and me as a customer.

Last edited by E91 Hoarder; 03-03-2015 at 06:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2012, 11:47 AM   #2
bettercardealer
Registered
Rep
Drives: STS

Arrow Dealer reviews

You can rate this dealer on dealer reviews and let others know about how you were treated..
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2012, 12:02 PM   #3
Ernerd
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 335i SGM '07

my car is having the same squeaking noise from the rear, and i'm sure they're not caused by the brakes since it squeaks when i step on the gas, going about 10-30 mph. what was the cause of your problem?
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2012, 12:10 PM   #4
E91 Hoarder
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Update:

Had the car diagnosed again in the indy shop. It appears that it squeaks in the ball joint. They lubricated it enough and recommended to drive for a week to see if the noise will go away. Otherwise, the ball joint has to be replaced, which supposed to be covered by CPO warranty.

The indy shop also hook me with a different SA from Seattle dealership. Heard a lot of great feedback about him, so hope he'll make the things right if I need the ball joint replacement...
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2012, 12:26 PM   #5
atown88
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serge335i View Post
Update:

Had the car diagnosed again in the indy shop. It appears that it squeaks in the ball joint. They lubricated it enough and recommended to drive for a week to see if the noise will go away. Otherwise, the ball joint has to be replaced, which supposed to be covered by CPO warranty.

The indy shop also hook me with a different SA from Seattle dealership. Heard a lot of great feedback about him, so hope he'll make the things right if I need the ball joint replacement...
Damn, I wish I could remember the name of my SA. Dave maybe? He's an older gentleman, but most of them are sooo..Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2012, 12:42 PM   #6
E91 Hoarder
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernerd View Post
my car is having the same squeaking noise from the rear, and i'm sure they're not caused by the brakes since it squeaks when i step on the gas, going about 10-30 mph. what was the cause of your problem?
Have a more technical thread going in suspension section of the forum:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=641090
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2012, 02:44 PM   #7
David1
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 09 X5

Clean all the rear brake parts including the drum brake parts. Almost every squeeky rear bmw 335 I have done this to eliminated the annoying squeek back there. Considering there is more than 1 ball joint on each rear corner you can be chasing the squeek with lots of parts and money.