E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Greater Toronto Area Dealerships

01-11-2006, 10:12 AM   #23
1DRIVER
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

Thumbs up Best Experience Ever!

Leasing my car from BMW Autohaus was the best experience I have ever had in my car buying years yet!
As I entered the front doors I was greeted by a lovely lady who allowed me to look around for a couple of minutes. She approached me a second time to ask me if I would like to speak with a sales person, I agreed and she quickly wrote down some preliminary information and found me a salesperson. I was politely welcomed to the dealership by the salesperson, offered refreshments, and directed to his desk where we sat and discussed my needs and wants before anything. After telling him what I wanted and required, we settled on two cars, the 2006 330i vs 325i. He prepped the cars for the test drive, he drove first and showed me what these fantastic machines were capable of, and then turned the cars over to me. What a thrill it was to see someone who really knows how to drive show you the reason these cars are better than everything else out there! When we got back to the dealership, we sat down and discussed the different ways that I could purchase this car, I settled on leasing. I was able to negotiate a fair discount of 2% where I felt was plenty after such a smooth transition from walking in up to that point. I was very happy with the whole experience, delivery went great! I would send family and friends for the same experience!
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2006, 10:18 PM   #24
YYZBMW
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rally guy
I've been having a generally unpleasant time at Downtown BMW. I managed to hook up with a sales guy totally new to BMW (8 years of selling MB's) and who knows absolutely nothing about the product. In our very first discussion, I mentioned that I have a motorsports background and was drawn to the brand because of thier competitive background and "drivers" orientation. So, I've had some detailed technical questions and REALLY DO care about the answers. Turning off DSC, etc., matters to me. I prefer to be able to hang the tail out when so inclined. : )

I came out of my first visit so disappointed with the experience, and disillusioned with the whole brand that I reconsidered buying a BMW at all!

Only technical sophistication, styling, cache and driving performance are selling this car to me. The dealer experience is actually slowing the process and making me think twice.

My latest experience there, yesterday, was no better. I'm late in the sales cycle and was dropping off some paperwork for the (very pleasant and helpful) finance team there, and while waiting, and browsing the floor (actually WANTING to pose a q or two to any sales guy) I was blantantly ignored by two other sales guys (who had no way of knowing if I was a new prospect or not).

Yes, I was dressed casually - it's a casual, quiet week at the office and since I own the company - I can dress as I please. Apparently - wearing a $1000 wrist watch (and easily qualifying to buy a $60k+ car) ain't enough to warrent service from the sales types at BMW Toronto.

So, in general - I can't recommmend DT BMW. In a perfect world my man there should have said, five minutes into our dicussion, "It's clear you're a true enthusiast, and I won't be able to serve you to the level you require or will enjoy - I'm gonna hook you up with "insert real car guy BMW sales rep's name here" and he'll take care of you.

Then sales guy #1 should have gotten a spiff for the hand off.

I'm heading up to Parkview - based on recommmendations found here and see if they are any better. Unless someone knows an actual "driver" who sells these cars and can send me there.

As I alluded before - I'm approved by BMW financial and am close to ordering a 330xi next week - once I decide if I want to do the ED thing and I can find a dealer worthy of my business.

RK
The issue today is what 'reality' is and what 'expectations' should be. Keep your expectations in check and the reality isn't that bad afterall. As I read it, Rally Guy just has high technical expectations and worked hard for the recognition he wants that comes with a BMW (and a $1000 watch. not much $ when you think about it). A new SLC will eventually learn but you really should've asked for a Tech first prior to having financials dropped off before all Q's were answered. Tech's love chitchat about flex-capacitors etc... and I think the process was worked back to front from the sounds of it. Everybody that's good at what they do started off like tits on a bull at one time or another. Even BMW's (remember the 80's!). When I bought my first car I was introduced to the greenest salesguy alive. Today he's a topgun that takes referrals only. When I sat down and got to know him I learned his job was tough and thankless for the most part (high maintenance cars and clients when you think about it). We ended up being friends. I now get 20% off parts. Always a car wash unannounced and when I show up with a coffee for him I know I'm going to be looked after and get a nice loaner during service. I wanted the car. Not a talking BMW encyclopedia. Keep it real people. It's just a car... but a really nice one!

Appreciate 0
      01-14-2006, 03:27 PM   #25
Rally guy
Happiest Sideways
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 328xi, had 2006 330xi SGM

All good points - and yeah - it's about expectations. This story has an interesting twist and a happy (so far) ending...

The day following my 45min wait after which I left in a huff, I got an email from the Sales Manager there - who got wind of my plight somehow.

He apologized, made it clear they wanted my business and then set me up with a very senior, gear head SLC named Jonathan Hodges. To keep the post short - all questions answered, 330xi ON ORDER.

While I'd still counsel caution just walking into DT BMW, I'd confidently recommend calling Mr. Hodges if you want a straight shooting, extremely knowledgable SLC. (Helps that he was a Porsche sales guy for years and we know many of the same Porsche folks.)

This is exactly the kind of guy I was "expecting" to meet the first time. But I've been schooled, these guys are just (sadly) very rare.

But all is sorted, car's ordered and now I'm just waiting...

RK
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2006, 07:00 PM   #26
bimmernotbeamer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rally guy
All good points - and yeah - it's about expectations. This story has an interesting twist and a happy (so far) ending...

The day following my 45min wait after which I left in a huff, I got an email from the Sales Manager there - who got wind of my plight somehow.

He apologized, made it clear they wanted my business and then set me up with a very senior, gear head SLC named Jonathan Hodges. To keep the post short - all questions answered, 330xi ON ORDER.

While I'd still counsel caution just walking into DT BMW, I'd confidently recommend calling Mr. Hodges if you want a straight shooting, extremely knowledgable SLC. (Helps that he was a Porsche sales guy for years and we know many of the same Porsche folks.)

This is exactly the kind of guy I was "expecting" to meet the first time. But I've been schooled, these guys are just (sadly) very rare.

But all is sorted, car's ordered and now I'm just waiting...

RK
Congrats on getting your order in, and finding the SLC who could answers your questions.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2006, 09:40 AM   #27
yuggy
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 325xi

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
New to the Forums!
Ordered a 325xi from Parkview last week and it was good. No problems whatsoever...got 3% off.
Sales guy told me it would be a minimum 8 weeks wait...but to be safe, 11-12 weeks! The wait is killing me already.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2009, 03:51 PM   #28
anthonysaq
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 323i

Good experience buying at Azores Cars Sales in Toronto

After seeing a BMW I liked at Azores on College & Ossington (http://azorescarsales.autotrader.ca), and reading another positive post at Redflagdeals, I thought I’d visit this dealership. Most of the cars they had were BMWs or Mercedez. I ended up buying a 2007 BMW 323i from them after talking and thinking about it for three weeks or so, and cancelled an order for a new Camry. After going to a few other used luxury dealerships and hearing some whacky sales tactics (can’t test drive w/o deposit, etc), I was happy with the whole purchase process at Azores. They let me take it to a BMW mechanic in the North section of the city and negotiated with me for a great “all-in” price (included taxes, fees, gas, license, etc).

Whatever the mechanic pointed out, they fixed without trying to renegotiate. They installed new run-flat tires, and then after agreeing to change the brake pads, they ended up changing both the pads and the rotors (I didn’t ask for new rotors but they said that’s the right way to do things). The sales exec I worked with, Paul, has been dealing in cars for most of his career and is honest and not pushy. He is up-front about showing you all the information he has on file, from the Carproof report to whether it’s been an accident, had body-work done, etc. If you point out issues or he sees them, he will fix them the best he can. Nice to find a good used car dealership after reading some of the bad experiences out there.
Appreciate 0