E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > ***Do not buy from sungmin***

Closed Thread

12-04-2006, 12:04 PM   #67
JIMD1709
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 328 Coupe Alpine White

picus,
At this point I am not arguing that. But, he could have called the bank. The bank has called him twice now with no response. All I need at this point is for my check to be ruturned. It's been 5 days! As for the Paypal, what recourse did I have, seeing as how the Paypal account wasn't even in his name? And I'm shady??
Or sign the form that the bank wants to fax to him, and fax it back.
Everyone, including sungmin is making this harder than it needs to be, really. Immaturity is all I can chalk it up to...why else would he delay sending my check back? Because he's mad? I have been pretty pissed at customers before as well, but I would NEVER withold their hard earned money because I didn't like how something went down. That is un-ethical and inappropriate. In his rant about the sunglasses he wanted his money back in a timely manner, but when he's on the other end of it it's not convenient for him so tough luck. Doesn't seem right or fair. I really don't deserve this. I tried to make this easier for him by sending a certified check. I trusted him with that, now he doesn't trust me so I'll get my money back when it's convenient for him??
He must be a real nice person. It was not convenient for me to go to the bank, then overnight it to him. Now I have been to and called the bank a total of 5 times trying to get my money back, yet I've wasted HIS time? If he didn't trust me fine, but it is wrong to keep someones money for almost a week for reason of convenience. It's just wrong.

Last edited by JIMD1709; 12-04-2006 at 12:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2006, 12:54 PM   #68
NaTuReB0Y
Powered By 36DD
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90

JIM......you paid him first without receiving the product?

btw.......a half year ago, I sent a product to a member in here before receiving the CASH....

and it was a big mess too until pressure from the E90post community got the dude to pay up.....
      12-04-2006, 01:09 PM   #69
JIMD1709
Captain
Rep

Yaeh, I know. It wasn't real smart. But, like I said, he presented himself as a business owner, straight up guy, ect.

****By the way Mr. Honest guy Mike Choi just told my Bank they had the wrong number?! WTF! He is being a complete ass. Now it's going to be until the 13th until I get my money back!! IF he sent the check, then sooner. But if not, I am screwed for another 8 days. That's the bad news. The good news is since he is saying they have the wrong phone number, and since he has moved, if he tries to cash the check he is prosecutable for fraud by mail, that's federal baby***
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2006, 01:12 PM   #70
sungmin
playing the field
South Korea
Rep
Drives: Lunch is for Wimps

Jim, your fault is that you didnt ensure you came off as legitimate. Your image was tarnished with the combined facts of unverified addresses, no sig requirement, no address, phone number, or watermark on check. Youve been in business longer than ive been alive, so why would you be naive enough to let these things pass radar and expect me not to be suspicious? If I were a true ass I would have said "NICE TRY" and shred your check up, but I sent it back to you this morning first class. Now I have no "obligation" to you, whatsoever, and honestly I never did. I don't care who you are--If you send me payment that looks suspicious, I am going to be deterred.

Now, do you really think anyone else on e90post that reads this is ever going to do biz with you or me? I could care less if they dont with me, but you need rims. You are the one that handled this wrong, not me. You threw out accusations and exaggerated, even made downright lies. I guess you are a true car salesman.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2006, 01:16 PM   #71
JIMD1709
Captain
Rep

Mike,
All that is fine. You do not have to accept a suspicious payment. Fine by me. But why delay sending it back? Plus I told you I would have paid the Paypal to my verified address, it just would have been a giant pain in the ass recieving and storing them. I though you understood that? That is where the cert. check came in. I assumed the risk there, and boy did you make me pay for it!
Lesson learned I guess. I hope you really did send it back like you said, so we can both put closure to this.

***BTW, why don't you have a Paypal account in your name or your business name? Using your "friends" Paypal account? That to me is a little suspicious.***
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2006, 01:22 PM   #72
JIMD1709
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sungmin
Now, do you really think anyone else on e90post that reads this is ever going to do biz with you or me? I could care less if they dont with me, but you need rims. You are the one that handled this wrong, not me. You threw out accusations and exaggerated, even made downright lies. I guess you are a true car salesman.
Well, my hope is that I will find a seller that will take Paypal, with a real account in his name, and I guess I'll have to deal with the inconvenience of having them shipped to my home. Oh, well. I am nothing but honest Bro. The check was real, my intentions were genuine. I need wheels and tires and tried twice to pay you. If you had a suspicion, I regret that. But, I gave you several options. Plus the check was verifiable, had you cared to try. I have done business on here, I sold my 161's to a member, before the I trader. As a matter of fact I took a personal check, and waited for it to post. Then the shipping was higher (by $60) and I sent them anyway, since he promised to pay me the extra. He did, by the way, and we both were happy.

And, that's Manager to you son, not salesman. Good luck to you my friend!

Last edited by JIMD1709; 12-04-2006 at 01:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2006, 01:45 PM   #73
sungmin
playing the field
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMD1709
Mike,
All that is fine. You do not have to accept a suspicious payment. Fine by me. But why delay sending it back? Plus I told you I would have paid the Paypal to my verified address, it just would have been a giant pain in the ass recieving and storing them. I though you understood that? That is where the cert. check came in. I assumed the risk there, and boy did you make me pay for it!
Lesson learned I guess. I hope you really did send it back like you said, so we can both put closure to this.

***BTW, why don't you have a Paypal account in your name or your business name? Using your "friends" Paypal account? That to me is a little suspicious.***
Why no Paypal in my name? Because I do not trust Paypal. They aren't a real bank. They have the right to hold your funds for no reason (they make money investing pool funds amassed from holding people's funds. Using other peoples money to make money). Paypal is definitely not acceptable to me.

I went as far as asking my friend to accept your payment, just so you could feel protected and everything would be convenient. I bent over and did it your way. Then your credibility fell off, paying me with an unconfirmed address and telling me with conviction that it surely is confirmed.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2006, 01:49 PM   #74
JIMD1709
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Why no Paypal in my name? Because I do not trust Paypal. They aren't a real bank. They have the right to hold your funds for no reason (they make money investing pool funds amassed from holding people's funds. Using other peoples money to make money). Paypal is definitely not acceptable to me.

I went as far as asking my friend to accept your payment, just so you could feel protected and everything would be convenient. I bent over and did it your way. Then your credibility fell off, paying me with an unconfirmed address and telling me with conviction that it surely is confirmed.

This is getting stupid here Mike. I HAVE a confirmed address, but I needed them shipped to work.
After you questioned the check, I told you send it back, and I'll have them shipped to my home (confirmed). It was too much trouble for you. I'm done beating this dead horse. Grow up and return my money. Oh, that's right you said you already sent it back 5 days late. I'm not holding my breath.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2006, 02:06 PM   #75
JIMD1709
Captain
Rep

Quote:

Pay pal is not acceptable to you?? Then why the f##k didn't you say so in the first place!? I am not a huge fan of Paypal either, but it does make some transactions easier and quicker.
I am not 100% comfortable sending certified checks, I was trying to be up-front. Any check like that is easily verifiable, you didn't care to try. To top it off, you told my bank they had the wrong number when they were trying to resolve this?! YOU HOLD MY "supposedly fake" CHECK SINCE THE 29th OF NOVEMBER! And you question my credibility? Are you kidding me?
I am also not crazy about sending Paypal to a "friends" account, but again, I thought you were a legit seller, and a business man. Not a sharp tongued 20 year old, that has no regard for people. You initially came across as a smart, fair, honest young man. I was mistaken. Boy, was I mistaken. What goes around comes around is this life my friend, you will see.

Last edited by JIMD1709; 12-04-2006 at 02:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2006, 03:01 PM   #76
ScBlacksunshine
YUGO is my dream car
Rep
Drives: Bayerische Motoren Werke

Quote:

Paypal is a payment processing service, they charge fees in return for their payment processing and makes the transaction safer and easier for buyer and seller. Not saying Paypal is perfect, but your common sense is defintely out of whack..using other peoples money to make money is a bad pratice? Have you not ever heard of a bank, hedge funds and mutual funds. What do you think they're , non-profit organization? From everything that was said on this thread, I think you're way too paranoid and suspicious of others to even do business here. It's ok to be careful when buying things online, but your action is staight out unprofessional..
      12-04-2006, 03:07 PM   #77
JIMD1709
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScBlacksunshine
Paypal is a payment processing service, they charge fees in return for their payment processing and makes the transaction safer and easier for buyer and seller. Not saying Paypal is perfect, but your common sense is defintely out of whack..using other peoples money to make money is a bad pratice? Have you not ever heard of a bank, hedge funds and mutual funds. What do you think they're , non-profit organization? From everything that was said on this thread, I think you're way too paranoid and suspicious of others to even do business here. It's ok to be careful when buying things online, but your action is staight out unprofessional..
My thinking exactly. I really do not think he is out to scam me, but he looks for ill intent from others at every turn. I am just a guy trying to buy some wheels and tires for crying out loud. Why in the world would I send him a fake check? Did he think I would go throgh all this for a scam? Why would my bank be calling him to help get my funds back? Did I set up a fake bank to scam some wheels?
I can't figure this guy out. He even went as far as to tell my bank that they had the wrong number?
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2006, 03:11 PM   #78
Minipuck V 2.0
秘書負責保持它真正
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 快車

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScBlacksunshine

SUPERMAN!!! SAVE THIS!!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2006, 03:15 PM   #79
ScBlacksunshine
YUGO is my dream car
Rep
Drives: Bayerische Motoren Werke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minipuck V 2.0
SUPERMAN!!! SAVE THIS!!!!

Dude, don't make me bust out that ringtone again...
      12-04-2006, 03:19 PM   #80
obLu
Major
Rep
Drives: 330i 6MT ZSP

Quote:
Jim, your fault is that you didnt ensure you came off as legitimate. Your image was tarnished with the combined facts of unverified addresses, no sig requirement, no address, phone number, or watermark on check. Youve been in business longer than ive been alive, so why would you be naive enough to let these things pass radar and expect me not to be suspicious?
Quote:
Now, do you really think anyone else on e90post that reads this is ever going to do biz with you or me? I could care less if they dont with me
Good, cause I know I won't. You said yourself the customer's always right, but you're treating your customer like a thief. Then you go on to say you could care less about the money? Damn man, which one is it. Quit back-tracking. I know moving's a pain and takes a lot of time, but if you didn't really care about the wheels or the money, then why all the damn static?

Quote:
As explained, if you send something to someone who pays you with an unconfirmed address, they can dispute the charges and you have no recourse whatsoever. Confirming your account is as simple as putting an address on it, receiving a piece of mail, and entering a code on the piece of mail.
That's awesome. I didn't know paypal/CC company let them dispute charges if the address was unconfirmed ... sounds like typical paypal crap. If all it is, is a piece of mail I don't have a problem with that. They used to want to "confirm" you by putting money into your bank account, and then you sending money back ... no way I'd ever let a half-ass company like paypal have access to a private account.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2006, 03:32 PM   #81
JIMD1709
Captain
Rep

No, here is the deal. My home address is my confirmed address through Paypal (via my Credit card billing statement) But, I requested they be shipped to my Dealership(work) address. Since this is a business, and my cc statement and bank statement don't come to work, it says "unconfirmed". It was merely for convenience. No devious intent. I get things I buy shipped to work 90% of the time, since I'm here all day. I wasn't familiar with that policy of Paypal. I buy stuff online all the time, enter my billing address, then enter my "ship to" address. Didn't think it would be any different with this.
I guess it is. That really isn't where this went wrong though guys, trust me. I would have sent another Paypal to him with my home/confirmed address. But when he refunded the money it had someone elses name on it. I didn't want there to be any issues. Who knew all this was going to happen by sending a certified check? I mean if you don't like Paypal, think certified checks are fake, what else can someone pay with? A money order? Let's be real here.

Last edited by JIMD1709; 12-04-2006 at 04:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2006, 06:46 PM   #82
hamet
Enlisted Member
Singapore
Rep
Drives: E90

Jim, sorry but did you send him a cash check? if not, why dont you call up the bank and cancel that check ?
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2006, 07:18 PM   #83
magmd
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
man...I don't understand this.

Dude...if you are paranoid about paypal, certified checks...why in the world would you do business here in the marketplace. How else are people supposed to pay you??? Mail you cash?? But..then again, you probably would not trust that either!

If you have the time to check E90post and argue your side of the story, you have the freaking time to send the man his freaking check back! Grow up and take responsibility.
      12-04-2006, 08:08 PM   #84
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinder® surprise
Canada
Rep
Drives: circles around you

+1

I don't think Mike was in anyway trying to scam Jim, but it's your attitude bro, you gotta be more courteous and nice when dealing with people, especially with business transactions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magmd
man...I don't understand this.

Dude...if you are paranoid about paypal, certified checks...why in the world would you do business here in the marketplace. How else are people supposed to pay you??? Mail you cash?? But..then again, you probably would not trust that either!

If you have the time to check E90post and argue your side of the story, you have the freaking time to send the man his freaking check back! Grow up and take responsibility.
      12-04-2006, 08:22 PM   #85
sungmin
playing the field
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMD1709
No, here is the deal. My home address is my confirmed address through Paypal (via my Credit card billing statement) But, I requested they be shipped to my Dealership(work) address. Since this is a business, and my cc statement and bank statement don't come to work, it says "unconfirmed". It was merely for convenience. No devious intent. I get things I buy shipped to work 90% of the time, since I'm here all day. I wasn't familiar with that policy of Paypal. I buy stuff online all the time, enter my billing address, then enter my "ship to" address. Didn't think it would be any different with this.
I guess it is. That really isn't where this went wrong though guys, trust me. I would have sent another Paypal to him with my home/confirmed address. But when he refunded the money it had someone elses name on it. I didn't want there to be any issues. Who knew all this was going to happen by sending a certified check? I mean if you don't like Paypal, think certified checks are fake, what else can someone pay with? A money order? Let's be real here.

No, YOU be real. It was not Paypal or cashier checks that was unacceptable, it was just YOURS, because you didnt make sure you sent confirmed or even looked at the official check to see if the bank address or contact phone was on there. And now you call me unreasonable for thinking you are trying to scam me? Where the hell do you get this from?
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2006, 08:25 PM   #86
NaTuReB0Y