E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Just another random shoutout to 6spdcoupe...

06-22-2015, 02:13 PM   #1
Wongway
Captain
Rep
Drives: 328i xdrive

Just another random shoutout to 6spdcoupe...

Hopped into one of those new 2015 F30 428i loaners today...

I think the audio in this one might be the newer HiFi, as this has the center channel speaker in it.

Cracks me up that even compared to a newer HiFi setup from the factory, if I hadn't gone with this doorboard setup + Helix Match PP82DSP, I'd have never known what I was missing.

If my E90 was equipped like this from the factory, I might have been okay leaving it alone, and never touching it. But I can't help but realize now after jumping in this new 2015 F30, that the audio is still seriously lacking in these cars. Still again, the sound feels as if it's emanating from the footwell or your sides. Never do you get a good solid image from the music. I'm frankly surprised that even with the addition of factory tweeters and a center channel that it still sounds lacking.

Thanks again for all your help and advice!
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2015, 03:16 PM   #2
jeffb335
Rep
Drives: BMW

oh yeah, once you get used to a decent imaging system there is no going back....Ive been running aftermarket audio systems with some sort of time alignment or DSP since the mid 90s....cant go any other way!

My wife has an Audi Q5 with the B&O system and its actually pretty decent, it DOES image decently and tonally its pretty good. But thats a rare thing in stock audio systems.

Most of the time the best you can hope for is decent output and relatively pleasant tonality......imaging though, no way.

Last edited by jeffb335; 06-22-2015 at 03:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2015, 07:17 PM   #3
6spdcoupe
tends to get irritable
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14 F15,18 M550,20 Highlander

Yea, we have seen/heard and worked on a few of them. Depressing isn't it ? lol Definitely difficult to switch to once you have been spoiled a bit !

AC Schnitzer/Eibach/M Performance/RaceChip/Compustar/Drone/BimmerTech/FireTV/Helix/Dynaudio/Micro-Precision/Jehnert/Audiomobile
Appreciate 0