E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Missing/Hesitation under mild load with new plugs and coils

10-09-2018, 12:53 PM   #1
Atx328
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i sport

Garage List
2013 BMW 328i  [0.00]
2011 BMW 328  [0.00]
Missing/Hesitation under mild load with new plugs and coils

So I live in the hilly country near Austin and in the morning when I leave my house, I end up going up a large hill that is about a 1 to 1.5 miles within the first 5 miles of driving. I have swapped out Coils twice and put in new spark plugs about 15k miles ago and then about 1K miles again. The missing/hesitation most often occurs when the car is shifting down about 2/3 the way up the hill.

It isn't currently throwing any codes nor a SES light. Do I need to start looking at fuel injectors or would those be a constant problem not related to load?

I also swapped out the GM Auto trans fluid and that actually seems to have made it worse but that might just be my imagination.

The coils are currently Delphi Units and the spark plugs are a mix of NGK and Denso - although I will probably switch over fully to the Denso's this weekend to remove a variable.

Thoughts on what I should try next? It isn't stopping the car from functioning as a DD but it just bugs the crap out of me! Help!
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2018, 03:22 AM   #2
BashShah
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i Sedan

Go to Chevron, on a Nearly Empty Tank and fill up with their Best.
run 2 Tanks Back to Back and see if it helps or not.

Chevron with Techron is what BMW Sells in a Bottle as Injector Cleaner.
Appreciate 0