E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Steering wheel paddle swap

03-03-2015, 05:30 AM   #1
Pyro335
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3 - MG

Garage List
Steering wheel paddle swap

Hi guys,

Currently have an M sport steering wheel with the steptronic style paddles (Left = -, Right = +) or these type:

I am Interested in swapping these paddles out for the DCT style ones so i can install some extended paddles. There are lots of threads with people swapping out the old push pull steptronic paddles, but couldnt find any relevant to the ones i have!

Just keen to get some opinions on my two options

1. My preference would be to see if the DCT style paddle housings will swap directly for the steptronic ones, so i can keep my current steering wheel (probably cost around $350-400 inc postage)

However, i am not sure if these are direct fit to my current steering wheel (cut out to back), or work PNP when replacing - has anyone had experience with these?

OR

2. Pick up a new steering wheel with the dct paddles already attached (would have to pull apart my steering wheel for air bag, buttons etc.). Would mean i could pick up a tri stitch wheel or similar, but is obviously going to cost much more $$$

Thanks!!
Appreciate 0