E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > DSC Failure?

10-13-2013, 02:58 AM   #23
bmwm-power
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 320d M Sport Auto

litany

dont know what the number of the dsc unit is mate. havent looked at it..where will it be printed?
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2013, 03:27 AM   #24
wev666
Registered
Rep
Drives: 335i 6MT

Hi all,

I have exactly the same thing happen last week, purchased a cable and software from BM cables and loaded inpa to an old laptop, DSC pump failure, Ive looked at ECU testing and am happy to do the work myself, but unsure of the bleeding procedure (even after reading numerous threads on the subject) I need to get my head round how its done before I attempt the work myself, cant afford to be off the road more than a week and cant afford the BMW stealer prices!

Any help appreciated.... (sorry for jumping on your thread OP).
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2013, 06:04 AM   #25
litany
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: e92 330dA M57NA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm-power View Post
litany

dont know what the number of the dsc unit is mate. havent looked at it..where will it be printed?
Hi, dsc unit is on driver's side behind engine bay. You have to remove a black cover. Number is printed on side of unit and is very hard to read, so use a small mirror.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2013, 06:14 AM   #26
litany
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: e92 330dA M57NA

Quote:
Originally Posted by wev666 View Post
Hi all,

I have exactly the same thing happen last week, purchased a cable and software from BM cables and loaded inpa to an old laptop, DSC pump failure, Ive looked at ECU testing and am happy to do the work myself, but unsure of the bleeding procedure (even after reading numerous threads on the subject) I need to get my head round how its done before I attempt the work myself, cant afford to be off the road more than a week and cant afford the BMW stealer prices!

Any help appreciated.... (sorry for jumping on your thread OP).
I fixed my dsc myself according to errors below:
5DF0 - pump motor
5DF1 - pump motor connector faulty
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2013, 05:35 AM   #27
bmwm-power
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 320d M Sport Auto

hi, quick update, went and bought the dsc repair kit for my car, my mechanic quoted reg to the dealers and asked for repair kit.
i went and picked it up as he said i could pay for it on his trade account
cost me £174.01 with the discount (was quoted £193)
the part number given to me was b34.51.6.797.896 (my car is a 2007 57 plate 320d m sport E90. 163bhp engine model)
booked in tomorow to fit fo hopefully should be all sorted. could have attempted it myself but didnt was to mess with beeling brakes or the coding part especially seeing as its safety critical and theres no room for error!
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2013, 12:02 PM   #28
oldbilly
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 330d e91 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbilly View Post
another update, still having the error lights coming up, also the yellow battery light, went back and had the codes read resulting in the same number of codes including battery and junction box electrics so installed a new battery and on its 1st run today brought up the same errors!
when I returned home I checked the main cable into the junction/fuse box and looks ok, but a relay fitted next the power cable felt quite warm, I'm now wondering if the relay may be the problem?
I have now fitted a brand new n/s/f abs speed sensor and since then no lights hopefully its now rectified and will monitor this over the next few days.
Appreciate 0