E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > 2009 335D Wheel sensor or what? (ABS, DSC, brake light)

07-22-2019, 04:56 PM   #1
GmikeHall
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw 335D

2009 335D Wheel sensor or what? (ABS, DSC, brake light)

I have had an intermittent problem with my 2009 E90 with the ABS, DSC, and brake light on the dash. This issue also causes me to loose cruise control. I have INSTA and it is telling me it is the right wheel speed sensor. I removed it and it is clean and I see no damage at all. I can clear the codes and drive 50ft and all the codes come right back. The only Code I continue to get 005DA1 Wheel speed sensor: plausibility, front right. When this code is present in INSTA the DSC module is not responsive but when I clear the code and re-test it is responsive and I can read all the parameters until the code comes up again after driving a very short distance. I have not replaced the wheel speed sensor, I just removed it and cleaned it before re-installing it. I need to check it to see if it is reading good but I have not found the ohm resistance that it should be as of yet. Any advice on what to do next would be great. Maybe it is a bad sensor even though it looks to be clean and undamaged in any way.

Thanks
Mike
Appreciate 0