E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Pass Brakes seized after sitting for a bit

07-06-2019, 04:15 PM   #1
WRichieX
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335i e93 6MT

Garage List
Pass Brakes seized after sitting for a bit

So for the past month and a half my car has been sitting in the garage fixing a bunch of stuff that was needed to pass emissions (still getting a code after replacing injectors, coils, plugs, o2 sensors, o2 sensor wiring - I give up). However, I put everything back today and now my passenger brakes are seized. Any idea why this could happen out of nowhere?

Another thing that went out a few weeks ago is my instrument cluster died out of nowhere. Just another long list of BS things to go on this car. This car has seriously been a nightmare!!!

07 BMW 335i E93 6MT (Praying neighborhood doesn't get flooded...again)
04 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6MT (Flooded)
08 Audi TT 2.0T DSG (Flooded)
03 Subaru WRX 5MT (Flooded)
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2019, 08:19 AM   #2
upshift_downshift
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BSM 07 E90 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRichieX View Post
So for the past month and a half my car has been sitting in the garage fixing a bunch of stuff that was needed to pass emissions (still getting a code after replacing injectors, coils, plugs, o2 sensors, o2 sensor wiring - I give up). However, I put everything back today and now my passenger brakes are seized. Any idea why this could happen out of nowhere?

Another thing that went out a few weeks ago is my instrument cluster died out of nowhere. Just another long list of BS things to go on this car. This car has seriously been a nightmare!!!
It's extremely common for cars that have been sitting. The pads fuse to the rotors because corrosion builds up.
      07-15-2019, 07:31 PM   #3
Cabdriver
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i

You could try backing it out to see if it breaks loose. Safer to remove the caliper and get the pads off, use a wire brush on the rotors. If it was wet when you parked it and didn't move it the are nicely fused for sure.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2019, 08:44 PM   #4
feuer
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: wife crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRichieX View Post

Shameless plug.: I'm parting out 2010 e93 335i and gave brakes in good order. Two instrument clusters as well. One with 2012 with 27k and another 2010 with 75k. I have 6 index 7, 1 index 1, one index 5 and one index 12 injectors, 2 good o2 sensors....Let me know.
Appreciate 0