E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Sac valley member chat thread

09-30-2013, 12:33 PM   #3169
buster84
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335I X-Drive E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by VNeBLOB42 View Post
which coils do you use? and where do you get them? ECS seems to be a good deal. OEM.
I bought a set from ebay from a different seller, but its the exact same as these. Kinda wish i had seen this seller he's only in stockton so thats fast shipping lol. Although i still got mine in two days and it came from the mid usa.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-OEM-BOSC...4ac1e8&vxp=mtr

I looked at ECS and Amazon and Amazon was cheaper. If a company such as ECS wants to be comparative and get out business they need to keep up with "internet" pricing if they want to get business. Ebay is the cheapest, but amazon isn't to far behind them. If you want to buy from an oem supplier then its only $0.50 more per coil from Tisher than ECS.

http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-02215044...ds=12137594937
2007 Bmw X5 (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 02:01 PM   #3170
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2

Garage List
007 335i E92  [7.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by buster84 View Post
I bought a set from ebay from a different seller, but its the exact same as these. Kinda wish i had seen this seller he's only in stockton so thats fast shipping lol. Although i still got mine in two days and it came from the mid usa.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-OEM-BOSC...4ac1e8&vxp=mtr

I looked at ECS and Amazon and Amazon was cheaper. If a company such as ECS wants to be comparative and get out business they need to keep up with "internet" pricing if they want to get business. Ebay is the cheapest, but amazon isn't to far behind them. If you want to buy from an oem supplier then its only $0.50 more per coil from Tisher than ECS.

http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-02215044...ds=12137594937
I have a hard time buying things like this from eBay and or Amazon. You really just don't know what you are getting. I am sure its good. ECS is +- $4 more. I really only need 4, 1 at home and #2 cyl was replaced 1 year ago. would you replace Cyl #2 +- 13k miles old.

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 10:58 PM   #3171
carlos916
Semper Fi
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 ///M5

Garage List
2008 E92 328i  [5.00]
Quote:
That sucks, when you say swiped do you mean another car swiped you or someone walked by and swiped it?

Any pictures?
i have picture but its not so bad .. but yeah some car must of dove by too close and swiped the front bumper ..it just sucks i have to pay the deductible =/

Quote:
WTF? old GF?
noo lol no old gf hahah or at least i hope hahaha
but yea finally got a nick on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawwailok View Post
      09-30-2013, 11:05 PM   #3172
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i, E70 X5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos916 View Post
i have picture but its not so bad .. but yeah some car must of dove by too close and swiped the front bumper ..it just sucks i have to pay the deductible =/

that sucks Carlos, the side mirror survived?
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 11:14 PM   #3173
carlos916
Semper Fi
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 E92 328i  [5.00]
Quote:
that sucks Carlos, the side mirror survived?
lol.. yeah its jut ont the front drivers side corner and got some of my painted reflector .. but yeah .. ehh.. it will get fixed
      10-01-2013, 09:53 AM   #3174
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
007 335i E92  [7.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos916 View Post
lol.. yeah its jut ont the front drivers side corner and got some of my painted reflector .. but yeah .. ehh.. it will get fixed
enough for a new paint job? well i guess insurance will only cover the side it was hit? just looking for the positives.

Appreciate 0
      10-01-2013, 12:15 PM   #3175
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
to all those I-5 frequent users out there, fucking pig catching speeding left and right on I-5 today. im the victim this morning while dropping my mom off to pick up her car right by Florin Rd. i saw him so i kept my speed to 70ish, that mofo still wrote me up for 80, WTF! im gonna fight for that shit....
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2013, 01:43 PM   #3176
buster84
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
to all those I-5 frequent users out there, fucking pig catching speeding left and right on I-5 today. im the victim this morning while dropping my mom off to pick up her car right by Florin Rd. i saw him so i kept my speed to 70ish, that mofo still wrote me up for 80, WTF! im gonna fight for that shit....
Im not surprised. Cops will be out with their tin foil hats giving as many tickets as they can while the government is shut down. They get no pay checks. I have many cop friends and its bullshit that they get this "off the book only spoken quotas". Cops are supposed to spend 75% of their time handling anything but traffic, but now traffic takes 80% of their time and most calls go unanswered unless its a bank robbery or gun related. I'd except tickets to sky rocket for the rest of the year. Its all about money now and CA has the worst fines for anything. I'd expect CA to make its residents more broke than most when cops hit their quotas.

I'd fight it, you might get lucky and he wont arrive. If not plan your case accordingly. Ask for the radar, ask for the radar calibration, ask for what lane you were in ect...

This is why i need to invest in my own camera system for the car. Something that auto records to a hard drive and can record 360 degree's around the car. That will get you out of most tickets especially if the cop is hiding somewhere they shouldn't be.
2007 Bmw X5 (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2013, 01:52 PM   #3177
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Im not surprised. Cops will be out with their tin foil hats giving as many tickets as they can while the government is shut down. They get no pay checks. I have many cop friends and its bullshit that they get this "off the book only spoken quotas". Cops are supposed to spend 75% of their time handling anything but traffic, but now traffic takes 80% of their time and most calls go unanswered unless its a bank robbery or gun related. I'd except tickets to sky rocket for the rest of the year. Its all about money now and CA has the worst fines for anything. I'd expect CA to make its residents more broke than most when cops hit their quotas.

I'd fight it, you might get lucky and he wont arrive. If not plan your case accordingly. Ask for the radar, ask for the radar calibration, ask for what lane you were in ect...

This is why i need to invest in my own camera system for the car. Something that auto records to a hard drive and can record 360 degree's around the car. That will get you out of most tickets especially if the cop is hiding somewhere they shouldn't be.

i was hit at a hot spot. I-5 by Florin Road and they were hiding under the overpass. talked to my friend who's a DA and he pointed out the places where CHP are catching speeding now. they used radar and LIDAR and most of them will show up court cuz the stupid govt is lack of money. no point to fight and waste my time on it.

all i can say FML. my mom even said "you were not even driving fast at all, why he pulled u over!??"
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2013, 01:56 PM   #3178
buster84
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
i was hit at a hot spot. I-5 by Florin Road and they were hiding under the overpass. talked to my friend who's a DA and he pointed out the places where CHP are catching speeding now. they used radar and LIDAR and most of them will show up court cuz the stupid govt is lack of money. no point to fight and waste my time on it.

all i can say FML. my mom even said "you were not even driving fast at all, why he pulled u over!??"
Well if he lied and has you radared at 72 and wrote you up for 80 the judge will probably though it out, but at the very least he will reduce the fine.
2007 Bmw X5 (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2013, 02:01 PM   #3179
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Well if he lied and has you radared at 72 and wrote you up for 80 the judge will probably though it out, but at the very least he will reduce the fine.
true... but wasting my time at court won't even make up what my time out at work at what they will reduce. they might reduce $30 nowadays... sucks
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2013, 02:02 PM   #3180
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
im just pissed that mother f'ing pig pulled me over instead of pulling other cars which were faster than me... i was in slow lane and before he lite up his siren, there were cars zooming by me on fast lane...
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2013, 08:46 PM   #3181
Gamma6
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90

Damn that sucks. I guess ill keep it easy in the gas pedal.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2013, 09:26 PM   #3182
buster84
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
im just pissed that mother f'ing pig pulled me over instead of pulling other cars which were faster than me... i was in slow lane and before he lite up his siren, there were cars zooming by me on fast lane...
I know the feeling, back in 2003 (the only speeding ticket ive ever gotten) I was driving a 5.0 mustang. I was following 2 of my friends, we were all in different lanes on Laguna blvd heading towards i5. My friends were trying to taunt me because i didn't like to street race by keeping it in a low gear and going WOT for 1-3 seconds. We'll they did this right before entering the intersection and ended up getting 3-4 car length's in front of me, but we all entered the intersection at about the same speed.

I was traveling in the furthest lane and once we passed the intersection a cop comes flying out and get right behind me. I was like Seriously... My friends were still zooming away in from of me and he goes after me. He then said that he radar'd me and gave me a ticket for doing 48 in a 45.

I asked him why he pulled me over and he said that he heard my loud car and it sounded like i was racing. I asked for the radar and it said 48! I was like wtf. After i signed the ticket he then said, if you dont want tickets get a new car.

I was so pissed. I made a complaint to the police office and never heard back, i fought it in court and the judge thought the cop was being to hard, but i was still speeding. He reduced my fine to $25 and said to pay it. I was 19 at the time and didn't really know much. If something like that happened today i would have appealed it, and checked up on my complaint.

Back then i wished i had a camera to record the conversation, but thankfully our phones do a great job at that. Now when i get pulled over i turn my camera on and hit record. I then stick it on the windshield and face it at the window.

In 2011 I got pulled over in Davis when i had my roush mustang and ended up getting sent to the referee. The cop harassed me and pulled me over just for my car. He said that I didnt stop at the stop sign and thats why he pulled me over. I actually recorded our conversation when he asked to see my engine. During the inspection he slipped up and said that he pulled me over because i had a body kit on my car. I then got a referee ticket.

I went to the referee and passed, then when I went to court the cop didnt showe. I then told him what the cop said and the judge said that since he's not here to defend himself its irrelevant. I then said i had it on my phone and he said irrelevant. Then he threw out the stop sign ticket and charge me for the referee. I complained told the judge that i should not be responsible for the cop being uneducated with cars and what is stock, aftermarket or legal. (i got a ticket for my vortech even with a carb number). The judge said to me that im right, but the city wont allow him to dismiss the fine since i went to the referee.

That was straight uprobbery and i couldn't do anything about it. If i waited to see the judge (court date took two months) he would have waived it, but the issue was that it was illegal for me to drive the car at all on the road until i get it checked at the referee. Since i had a job and classes i had no choice but to go. I couldn't live without a car. Talk about screwing people over. I'm sure im not the only one to have this type of issue. Either pay and drive, or park your car and get out of the fine. After that i've been dedicated to leaving CA. This state has gone down hill and the cops are making it a lot worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma6 View Post
Damn that sucks. I guess ill keep it easy in the gas pedal.
Agree'd
2007 Bmw X5 (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 01:12 AM   #3183
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

That was straight uprobbery and i couldn't do anything about it....Talk about screwing people over. I'm sure im not the only one to have this type of issue. Either pay and drive, or park your car and get out of the fine. After that i've been dedicated to leaving CA. This state has gone down hill and the cops are making it a lot worse.

true. my friend who's a DA and he usually can get away with his special DA badge. i talked to him, he said one time it was just ridiculous, he was between 2 cars (front and back) and somehow he got pull over and cited for "speeding". he tried to appeal but no luck and ended up sucking the fine too

right!? how the fuck can you speed when you were sandwiched between 2 cars on freeway? back then he was in a Porsche and i guess some CHP tend to screw people over when you are in certain car. it actually not only happening in CA, other states would have to same situation but CA seems getting worse. look at NY/NJ, those law enforcement are similar to those in CA too. there's always some dickhead in every department and it's just our luck if that is our day or not.

so he suggested me just look it as a bullshit CA tax and suck it up. and nowadays most CHP use both radar and LIDAR so there's no such detector can give us a safe run yet.

he kinda gave me an idea of some spots in south sac where CHP LOVES to hide and cite our ass.

1. I-5 southbound right before Florin road exit, they hide under the overpass (where i was cited today)
2. one more exit down of Florin Rd before Pocket Rd on shoulder
3. I-5 both bounds the whole 1-2 miles range between Laguna Blvd and Pocket Rd, they stay in the center divider of the freeway
4. on ramp to/from Fruitridge Rd on hwy99

funny i don't see a single CHP up here in Natomas/Westlake. so i wasn't alerted when i was driving to south sac today, i thought i was fine since i was with the traffic flow and there were cars faster than me.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 09:22 AM   #3184
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
007 335i E92  [7.66]
I have two points, my last point was Aug. 2012. So I have to be good till end of Jan. 2014 if I don't want an addition point to 3. (18 month between traffic school or tickets) All for stupid stuff, but hey what can I do.

Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 12:23 PM   #3185
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I have two points, my last point was Aug. 2012. So I have to be good till end of Jan. 2014 if I don't want an addition point to 3. (18 month between traffic school or tickets) All for stupid stuff, but hey what can I do.
my suggestion number 1, keep your car in the garage til next year.

2. go get a Kia Rio or a Yaris.

3. don't do any more datalogging

no shit right? i threw that shit away last night already and already done a few more E40 logging to Jake cuz he's trying to juice out some serious power on a real E40 map for me
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 04:51 PM   #3186
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
007 335i E92  [7.66]
Quote:
my suggestion number 1, keep your car in the garage til next year.

2. go get a Kia Rio or a Yaris.

3. don't do any more datalogging

no shit right? i threw that shit away last night already and already done a few more E40 logging to Jake cuz he's trying to juice out some serious power on a real E40 map for me

here is where I was logging untill i moved. Its really safe, but only has a couple good flat spots. Good enough to log.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 06:41 PM   #3187
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

here is where I was logging untill i moved. Its really safe, but only has a couple good flat spots. Good enough to log.
direction? i know there's a few roads are blocked off.

long enough to reach 120 easy? i wouldn't love to do it at night since there's no damn street light there. dont wanna hit a kid while doing log and then a "oh shit" LOL
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 08:08 PM   #3188
carlos916
Semper Fi
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 E92 328i  [5.00]
Quote:
enough for a new paint job? well i guess insurance will only cover the side it was hit? just looking for the positives.
yeah and also going to need the bumper clear bra replaced.. but will see what happens the car is at the shop and the adjuster will be out there tomorrow
      10-02-2013, 08:13 PM   #3189
enigma99a
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 ZCP M3

I put in some NGK 5992s @ 0.56mm (0.022″) yesterday. Man the car feels great.. money well invested. Perhaps it was because the Bosch ones had 25K on them but who knows.

Anyway, when is the next meet?
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2013, 09:59 AM   #3190
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
007 335i E92  [7.66]
Quote:
direction? i know there's a few roads are blocked off.

long enough to reach 120 easy? i wouldn't love to do it at night since there's no damn street light there. dont wanna hit a kid while doing log and then a "oh shit" LOL
Yeah the top circle going south I do a pull through 4th. Bottom going south 3 rd gear only. It's a bit wavy, not perfect but the slim to no traffic is good. New road. Scope it out.

Appreciate 0