E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Procede V4: stuttering, stumbling

07-30-2010, 08:08 PM   #23
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
If this only happens during warm up and isn't there in valet mode, there is an easy fix. Gimme a couple days and we will make it so that the car is effectively in valet/stock mode up to 160F, and then smoothly transitioning to full power by 180F. Should solve this. The only downside is that disables the wastegate rattle fix that we integrated into the tune during cold start. I'll see what I can do to retain it so no one loses.

Shiv
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2010, 10:47 PM   #24
mmmmQuattro
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: f83 / E93 335 / E70 X5 40d

Garage List
Well, I like the power when cold.
I made the following changes:
1. Loaded 7.14 map
2. changed 1st and 2nd gear max torque to 80 (This is to avoid the clutch slip)
3. changed the WG position to 30
On a couple of test drives (now it wasn't that cold about 12deg C) it felt like it was going to stutter, but it didn't. For those that have experienced it, it seems to only happen when the engine is under load (like torque load, rather than power) at about 2,000 rpm, slight throttle and in 2nd or 3rd gear.
With the user parameters set, it seems better.
Now, if I change maps, will I lose my setting?

Also, Shiv, is there something that you would like us all to try?

Oh and BTW, the in dash boost gauge is really cool
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2010, 05:29 AM   #25
TurboBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
Luxembourg
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
If this only happens during warm up and isn't there in valet mode, there is an easy fix. Gimme a couple days and we will make it so that the car is effectively in valet/stock mode up to 160F, and then smoothly transitioning to full power by 180F. Should solve this. The only downside is that disables the wastegate rattle fix that we integrated into the tune during cold start. I'll see what I can do to retain it so no one loses.

Shiv
Thanks, looking forward to this
Performance Seats, Exhaust, Splitters, Pedals, Steering Wheel / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / Forge FMIC / Quaife LSD / Öhlins Road & Track / M3 Suspension Parts / Solid Subframe Bushings / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Racing Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR DPs / Alpina TCU / COBB Pro-Tune
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2010, 07:53 AM   #26
335i-boy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i M-Sport

Quote:

Shiv
Thanks for your help Shiv. This would be great.

I remember something regarding a Procede safety feature where engine oil temps need to reach a certain point until full boost can be achieved.

Is this fix realted to that?
2008 E92 335i M-Sport | Sapphire Black | Sunroof | Creme Beige | Poplar Grey | Logic 7 | 6AT | 19" AG M359's | Michelin PS4S | LUX V3 | MHD V5 E40 | Steve AZ Walbro inline | Vishnu DCI | BMS CP | AR Design Catless DP's | Forge DV's | Helix IC | (Stock Cat. back) |
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2010, 09:42 AM   #27
MJR63
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i X-Drive Sedan

Garage List
I just got my Procede V4 for my N55 2011 335i about a week ago and I'm having stuttering/stumbling issues under hard acceleration in map 1 & 2 in 3K - 5K rpm range. No issues in valet mode map 0. I tried looking for the latest N55 6sp manual transmission firmware/maps on the Vishnu website but did not see anything thinking that might help. Did this ever get resolved?
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2010, 11:47 AM   #28
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJR63 View Post
I just got my Procede V4 for my N55 2011 335i about a week ago and I'm having stuttering/stumbling issues under hard acceleration in map 1 & 2 in 3K - 5K rpm range. No issues in valet mode map 0. I tried looking for the latest N55 6sp manual transmission firmware/maps on the Vishnu website but did not see anything thinking that might help. Did this ever get resolved?
I cant recall what the solution to the OPs issue was (it was a long time ago). But it was n54 related. So it won't be anything applicable to your n55. I emailed just emailed you. And fwiw, v5 for the n55 is not publicly released just yet. All n55 tunes shipped with v4. I wanted to spend the holidays testing n55 v5 a bit more before posting it up.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2010, 03:32 AM   #29
Alpina_B3_Lux
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 LMX, BMW M550i xDrive

Garage List
2009 335i  [8.90]
AFAIK the OP still has misfires. But Shiv is right, N55 and N54 are two different animals and the issues are most probably unrelated.

Alpina_B3_Lux
      12-20-2010, 04:29 AM   #30
TurboBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
Luxembourg
Rep

In my case, it turned out that the cold-engine stuttering was due to damaged front o2 sensors. So in all fairness I can't blame the Procede for that problem.

Now I just need to get the misfires fixed (apparently related to DTC activity).
Performance Seats, Exhaust, Splitters, Pedals, Steering Wheel / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / Forge FMIC / Quaife LSD / Öhlins Road & Track / M3 Suspension Parts / Solid Subframe Bushings / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Racing Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR DPs / Alpina TCU / COBB Pro-Tune
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2010, 07:02 PM   #31
saferisk
Back in the BMW family
Australia
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Hi guys, also experienced something similar, which was solved by reloading firmware and maps!
      12-22-2010, 07:17 PM   #32
tofu-
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i Jet Black/Coral Red

i have cold engine stuttering in 2nd gear when taking off as well. same symptoms with jb3 and jb4.

so, from this thread, i gather it is o2 sensors or an exhaust leak? uhg... two things i can't really diagnose/fix myself without lift. perhaps it is an exhaust leak because my bastuck exhaust and catless downpipes are unusually droney
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2011, 07:48 AM   #33
ATL_E90_chic
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i E90

Garage List
2009 335i  [0.00]
Quote:

Shiv
I too am experiencing the same problem. Procede V4 loaded, stock DPs. I started noticing it about a month after I installed the procede. It is more prominant when the car is cold and shifting from 1>2 and 2>3 at normal accelaration and most recognizable in maps 1 & 2. Is this remedied by a firmware update or was another conclusion with a different prognosis determined?
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2011, 09:05 AM   #34
fisherbln
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL_E90_chic View Post
I too am experiencing the same problem. Procede V4 loaded, stock DPs. I started noticing it about a month after I installed the procede. It is more prominant when the car is cold and shifting from 1>2 and 2>3 at normal accelaration and most recognizable in maps 1 & 2. Is this remedied by a firmware update or was another conclusion with a different prognosis determined?
He applied the oil temperature fix referred to above in one of his V4 updates. Not sure which version added it though.
      01-10-2011, 09:42 AM   #35
BQTuning
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Z4 sDrive35i M Sport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobahn335i View Post
Hi folks

I already contacted vishnu, but since there are lots of knowledgable guys in here I figure I might give it a try and open a new topic............It doesn't go into limp mode though..........I uploaded the newest firmware/maps twice with the laptop set to max power and connected to a wall socket............Mods on my car include catted DPs, which throw 2C9C (bank 1) and 2C9D (bank 2) codes. But canclear seems now to get rid of these codes..............What can I do? I'm a bit lost here
One or more of your ignition coils are going bad. Your hope to having the dealer replacing those is out the window since you added DPs.

Have your ignition coils checked.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2011, 09:59 AM   #36
TurboBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
Luxembourg
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuraQ View Post
One or more of your ignition coils are going bad. Your hope to having the dealer replacing those is out the window since you added DPs.

Have your ignition coils checked.
Where did I say that I wanted the dealer to cover anything?

The stuttering on my car was due to damaged front O2 sensors , although a Procede firmware revision masked the problem.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2011, 02:00 PM   #37
messi
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i MSport Coupe 6AT

sorry to resurrect this thread but i am waiting on my euro spec e 92 m sport and considering the vishnu procede? have your Euro guys sorted this out and your reviews?
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2011, 03:52 PM   #38
secretsquirrel
Colonel
Rep
Drives: f80

I had this issue only on map1 or map2. I thought it was a procede issue, but it was my HPFP acting up. Once my HPFP, LPFW and injector were replaced the problem stopped. Oddly, it would happen with light to partial throttle and not during WOT. I was sure it was procede issue, but it wasn't.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2011, 05:35 PM   #39
TurboBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
Luxembourg
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by messi View Post
sorry to resurrect this thread but i am waiting on my euro spec e 92 m sport and considering the vishnu procede? have your Euro guys sorted this out and your reviews?
Yes the latest maps work out fine. Just waiting for goodies such as steering wheel button controls etc.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2011, 09:07 PM   #40
howiedds
D.D.S.
Rep
Drives: 12 AW E70 X5d

Shiv, does your test car have the latest BMW software?...before i had my software update my car ran awesome...(with latest autotune map), but after update i started getting sputtering,limp modes and 2d2e codes
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2011, 09:14 PM   #41
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by howiedds View Post
Shiv, does your test car have the latest BMW software?...before i had my software update my car ran awesome...(with latest autotune map), but after update i started getting sputtering,limp modes and 2d2e codes
My car has software that is about 4 months old. Both customers cars (that I'm testing right now) have software that is about 1 week old. So I'm quite sure that there is no software-related issue with the maps. If you are getting 2d2e codes (throttle angle/intake pipe underpressure), I suggest resetting the throttle adaptation followed by a DME reset (both in command center). If that doesn't work, run in valet mode for a couple of days to see if problem persists. If it does, take it back to the dealership and have them troubleshoot.
Appreciate 0