E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > BMW Assist no longer working

06-12-2011, 09:29 AM   #1
commie
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

BMW Assist no longer working

At first it was just the sent maps from GoogleMaps to the car's iDrive, now the entire BMW assist doesn't work.

Ever since I got the recall upgrade back in January, the Sent MAps feature stopped working.

Now I just tried to use the Concierge feature of the BMW Assist, on the iDrive display, it'll say connecting with the spinning symbol. Then a voice comes on and says my car does not support this feature...I am like WTF? I haven't used BMW Assist all year, and the one time I needed directions from the concierge, it fails on me.

I give BMW Assist a call on my cell phone, and they checked my account and its fully paid till September 2011.
The only advice they could give me is to take it to the service center.

I am suspecting whatever the dealer did during the software upgrade, they didn't complete the job. I clicked through BMW Assist, and the phone #'s attached to some of the options doesn't look correct to me....instead of real 1-800-xxx-xxxx- or 416-xxx-xxxx format, its just a string of numbers.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2011, 08:30 PM   #2
ns2000x
Converted
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 E90 M3

BMW Canada had an issue on their end with my car too. BMW Assist worked, but google maps messages didn't go through. So I called BMW Assist. They have no tech insight, check my email address, then suggest contacting my SA.
I set an appointment then the dealer spent the day emailing with BMW Canada. Nothing.

Three days later my SA calls me asks me to run another test as BMW Canada resolved something technical on their end and voila.

Lesson learned, BMW Canada has to step up for this particular issue.

Good luck

'11 BMW M3 E90 Jerez - Fox | '17 BMW i3 BEV Protonic - Dalbergia
Appreciate 0