E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > DIY: Here are some E9x N52 DIY Video Tutorials that I have made

05-03-2023, 11:16 PM   #1
ewrjontan
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW E36 M3 Porsche 987 Cayman

DIY: Here are some E9x N52 DIY Video Tutorials that I have made

Hey all, I apologize if this is against the rules so please feel free to remove this if this is not allowed.

I have always loved coming here (and various other forums) for information and have a lot respect for the members of the community who put in the effort to provide huge write-up and How-to threads. Save me tons of money over the years.

Gone are the good 'ol days of large multi-post threads with hundred of pictures and now everything is a video. I started a Youtube channel a couple of years ago and I am constantly adding content; hopefully some of my videos will be helpful to some. It's more of a general "garage" related channel but I have been making video tutorials and documenting any modifications and issues that I come across with my vehicles. (E36 M3, E91 328i and my Porsche 987 Cayman).

Here is a link to my E9x N52 playlist thus far:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...gqWH2qsZitH0Ja

Current Videos:

Valve Cover Gasket and eccentric Shaft Sensor Replacement (part 1)

Valve Cover Gasket and eccentric Shaft Sensor Replacement (part 2)

Valve Cover Gasket and eccentric Shaft Sensor Replacement (part 3)

VANOS Sprocket Bolt Recall DIY

Cup holder replacement

Kind of a way to potentially fix a broken cupholder

Front and rear (xDrive) differential Fluid change

xDrive Transfer Case Fluid Change

xDrive Transfer Case Fluid Change Service Light Reset

Manual Transmission Fluid Change

First year ownership maintenance cost breakdown

Rear hatch strut replacement (E91 specific but process should be the same for the hood or trunk of any E9x, and most cars for that matter)

I have a ton of footage that I need to edit but not enough time on my hands. Gonna be honest, filming these videos doubles if not triples the amount of time it takes to do a job...and honestly makes it less enjoyable; but I am trying.

DIY's Coming soon:

Water pump and thermostat
Oil filter housing gasket
Micky Mouse Flange
Tire pressure monitoring System RDC module replacement
Vanos solenoid replacement

Again, I apologize if this is not allowed so feel free to remove this otherwise. Thanks for checking these out, hopefully it helps some people and saves some money/headache!

Last edited by ewrjontan; 02-12-2024 at 05:51 PM.. Reason: Updated thread links
Appreciate 1
      02-12-2024, 05:49 PM   #2
ewrjontan
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW E36 M3 Porsche 987 Cayman

Added some links and organization to the original post. Sorry for the huge thumbnails...any ideas on how to fix this?
Appreciate 0