E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Aluminum chargepipe does not fit, engine mounts?

05-15-2023, 06:19 PM   #1
ahnelson91
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Aluminum chargepipe does not fit, engine mounts?

I just recently ordered an aluminum chargepipe from BMS (looks great btw) and when I went to install it ran into some issues. The chargepipe was very difficult to position properly to slide over the throttle body, the shock tower was in the way and the power steering reservoir hoses were being crushed. With alot of finagling and a small amount of force I was just able to get it at the right angle with enough clearance to slip over the mouth of the throttle body but it was not enough clearance to let the power steering hoses by and they were getting pinched slightly. Then when installing the coupler from the chargepipe to intercooler, it seemed the angle was almost causing a kink in the coupler, as if it was a little too far to the right when looking at the engine from the front of the car.

I also recently ordered a VRSF chargepipe which was bent and being sent back so I had the benefit of comparing the two side by side and they look to be the same angle and bend in them so I don't think it's and issue with a wrong part number or the chargepipe itself. Has anyone else had similar issues? I am wondering if possibly a collapsed passenger side engine mount could cause there to be a little less clearance?
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2023, 06:40 PM   #2
feuer
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: wife crazy!

Appreciate 0
      05-22-2023, 12:10 AM   #3
R3dLeader
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 and e93 335i

My $40 eBay one fit a lot better than BMS. Still have the BMS in the box.
Appreciate 0