E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > N55 MEVD17 DIY Tuning

03-17-2017, 02:20 PM   #23
JETmn
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xDrive Msport

Garage List
2011 335Xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbnks2 View Post
Conflict of interest? There is an awkward mentality in this thread which is skewing its intent...

MHD/Justin are under no obligation to publicly release anything. You are paying Martial $200 for his efforts to bring OBD flashing to your POCKET (via an app). That has nothing to do with defining DME tables. The license is a fair price for unlimited flashing.

You are then paying Justin $50 for a generic map (if you choose that route). His time and effort has gone into generating these maps. He has intellectual property to protect, which is why they SHOULD and ARE locked to prevent abuse. You are already getting your money worth 10x over with what he's giving us with the V25 ots maps!

Just about every map gets locked by the tuner (with a few exceptions - COBB OTS). Look at Dinan. I can guarantee they have more bytes DME mapped than the public N55 XDF does. Why aren't you fighting them to release it publicly? Why aren't you fighting them to unlock their maps so you can copy their tables? They'd laugh you out the door...

Luckily for us, the COLLABORATIVE work of various people to define tables is being shared PUBLICLY. Anyone can contribute to the XDF and help advance the platform, as is being done above and as has already been done by people previously! Justin has no obligation to educate people on how to custom tune their cars or on how to interpret his work.

If Justin intentionally put some eggs into the public XDF to keep himself ahead of the "game" than that is a serious ethical issue. However, I don't think that is the case. Wedge seems to be doing just fine with custom mapping, and I am sure he is coordinating with Justin to some extent to do so.

I would imagine Justin probably knows himself what each table does when he tweaks the numbers a certain way, just like COBB probably knew with their tables (my COBB pro-tune was better than the OTS maps offer so far). How the tables are scaled, or how they are labeled, are probably a non issue for Justing... I do find it interesting that people are finding so many errors in the details though. It's kind of ironic after seeing MHD boast about how COBB is the one who had things scaled incorrectly...

FYI, have you guys compared a base .bin to a ppk .bin? The public XDF hasn't even mapped out HALF of the bytes of changes BMW made from stock to ppk. I am guessing there is a lot more to learn and expand upon, which will surely happen over time if people put effort into it!
I think you are misinterpreting what people are saying in a couple of instances.

1. How many products do you buy with no instruction guides? Can you imagine buying a JB4 with no instruction guide? That is all people are asking for with descriptions of what the different tables do on the XDF.

2. We all know Justin makes his money from the OTS maps being sold. We were just saying it would make much more sense if the price of MHD was increased and the maps were included, then the maps could be unlocked and tweaked because everyone using MHD would have paid for them. Nobody is saying the $50 OTS maps should be unlocked with the pricing structure the way it is now.

You are correct this tuning is still in it's infancy, especially the DIY tuning. We finally have the tool to do it though, exciting times!
2011 335Xi 6AT - VRSF catless DP - VRSF 7" FMIC with turbo inlet pipe - VRSF chargepipe - Pure Stage 1 turbo - JB4 - E30 - xHP Stage 3 - Strongflex tension bushings - Whiteline RSFB - UUC rear swaybar
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2017, 02:29 PM   #24
bahn
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Conflict of interest? There is an awkward mentality in this thread which is skewing its intent...

MHD/Justin are under no obligation to publicly release anything. You are paying Martial $200 for his efforts to bring OBD flashing to your POCKET (via an app). The license is a fair price for unlimited flashing. That has nothing to do with mapping out the DME. Martial gives you BMW's .bin files to do with as you please!

You are then paying Justin $50 for a generic re-map (if you choose that route). His time and effort has gone into generating these maps. He has intellectual property to protect, which is why they SHOULD and ARE locked to prevent abuse. You are already getting your money worth 10x over with what is being provided with the $50 V25 OTS maps! Go ahead and compare to JB4 or Dinan...

Just about every map gets locked by the tuner (with a few exceptions - COBB OTS). Look at Dinan. I can guarantee they have more bytes of DME mapped than the public N55 XDF does (and probably a deeper understanding of it). Why aren't people fighting them to release it publicly? Why aren't people fighting them to unlock their maps so you can copy their tables? They'd laugh you out the door...

Luckily for us, the COLLABORATIVE work of various people to define tables is being shared PUBLICLY. Anyone can contribute to the XDF and help advance the platform, as is being done above and as has already been done by people previously (look at the change log on GitHub)! Justin has no obligation to educate people on how to custom tune their cars or on how to interpret his work.

If Justin intentionally put some eggs into the public XDF to keep himself ahead of the "game" than that is a serious ethical issue. However, I don't want to believe that is the case. Especially without something to support it!

I would imagine Justin probably knows himself what each table does when he tweaks the numbers a certain way, just like COBB probably knew with their tables (looking back, I'd gladly take my COBB pro-tune back). How the tables are scaled, or how they are labeled, are probably a non issue for Justin... I do find it interesting that people are finding so many errors in the details though. It's kind of ironic after seeing MHD boast about how COBB is the one who had things scaled incorrectly...

FYI, have you guys compared a base .bin to a ppk .bin? The public XDF hasn't even mapped out HALF of the bytes of changes BMW made from stock to ppk. I am guessing there is a lot more to learn and expand upon, which will surely happen over time if people put effort into it!
Yeah I don't think anyone is saying or implying that MHD should come with a manual or that the pro tuners should divulge how they are tuning these cars.

How did you get a base .bin? MHD for the N55 doesn't allow reading of the DME. The "backup" function simply creates a PPK Stage 0 .bin for you.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2017, 02:44 PM   #25
bbnks2
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahn View Post
Yeah I don't think anyone is saying or implying that MHD should come with a manual or that the pro tuners should divulge how they are tuning these cars.

How did you get a base .bin? MHD for the N55 doesn't allow reading of the DME. The "backup" function simply creates a PPK Stage 0 .bin for you.
Yes, MHD "backs-up" whatever dme software you are running (base ZB, PPK ZB, or even a EU DME software version) in a .bin format. So, why wouldn't I be able to get a stock .bin? Clearly they have been dumped from the DME by Martial and databased.

I have PPK, so that is the .bin MHD gives me as a "back-up." I obtained a stock.bin file from someone who posted it up on N54tech. It is hosted their along with Terry's flash tunes (un-locked for you to edit whatever you want)...

And yeah, I apologize if I came off overly assertive, or if I read too much into people's words, but reading through the thread gives off mixed feelings on people expectations... People are implying things with their tone.

I wasn't typing all that specifically in response to Jet, but rather to tidbits thrown into the various posts about MHD's efforts.

Last edited by bbnks2; 03-17-2017 at 04:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2017, 02:48 PM   #26
bahn
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes, MHD "backs-up" whatever stock dme software you are running (base or PPK) in a .bin format. I have PPK, so that is the .bin MHD gives me. I got a stock.bin file from someone who posted it up on N54tech in their database of N55 bins...
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...p#post21049118
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2017, 02:52 PM   #27
JETmn
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xDrive Msport

Garage List
2011 335Xi  [0.00]
Correct, there is no actual backup. That has been stated several times in the big thread.
2011 335Xi 6AT - VRSF catless DP - VRSF 7" FMIC with turbo inlet pipe - VRSF chargepipe - Pure Stage 1 turbo - JB4 - E30 - xHP Stage 3 - Strongflex tension bushings - Whiteline RSFB - UUC rear swaybar
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2017, 03:19 PM   #28
bbnks2
Colonel
Rep

I though my post was pretty clear that I understand that MHD doesn't allow you to actually read your DME and "back it up" in a traditional sense, which would allow for people to steal intellectual property. I guess not though...

Not sure what would make you think you couldn't get a stock .bin? I am assuming that people that DID NOT have ppk installed when they flash an MHD app were given a stock .bin, no?

In any event, a stock N55 .bin has been posted on BMS's Site...
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2017, 03:26 PM   #29
bahn
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I though my post was pretty clear that I understand that MHD doesn't allow you to actually read your DME and "back it up" in a traditional sense, which would allow for people to steal intellectual property. I guess not though...

Not sure what would make you think you couldn't get a stock .bin? I am assuming that people that DID NOT have ppk installed when they flash an MHD app were given a stock .bin, no?

In any event, a stock N55 .bin has been posted on BMS's Site...
PM me the link, I've seen a couple N55 "backup" bins and they are all PPK.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2017, 04:15 PM   #30
maddmatth
Major
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: F82 M4, E92 335i

Is that bin file actually the entire DME dump or is it just a set of values MHD uses to inject into their modified DME?
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2017, 04:36 PM   #31
bbnks2
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
PM me the link, I've seen a couple N55 "backup" bins and they are all PPK.
Think about that for a second, if MHD only saved ppk .bin's, then how would people ever get back to stock after uninstalling MHD? What file would MHD flash back? Everyone would be forced to run PPK if they uninstalled MHD? Maybe MHD, or someone who was base BEFORE flashing MHD, can provide more info?

I hosted the base .bin and my ppk .bin for people to compare: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9...jhYNUQ1YmJnZDA

Here is an example of how the base.bin varies from the ppk.bin:

PPK throttle mapping vs base

Last edited by bbnks2; 03-17-2017 at 05:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2017, 05:45 PM   #32
WhatsADSM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Quote:
Yes, MHD "backs-up" whatever dme software you are running (base ZB, PPK ZB, or even a EU DME software version) in a .bin format. So, why wouldn't I be able to get a stock .bin? Clearly they have been dumped from the DME by Martial and databased.

I have PPK, so that is the .bin MHD gives me as a "back-up." I obtained a stock.bin file from someone who posted it up on N54tech. It is hosted their along with Terry's flash tunes (un-locked for you to edit whatever you want)...

And yeah, I apologize if I came off overly assertive, or if I read too much into people's words, but reading through the thread gives off mixed feelings on people expectations... People are implying things with their tone.

I wasn't typing all that specifically in response to Jet, but rather to tidbits thrown into the various posts about MHD's efforts.
Not sure who your previous posts were aimed at but I'll go ahead and speak my peace.

I 100% purchased MHD because I was told I could tune it myself and was pointed by MHD themselves to the XDF. In fact a nice DIY tuning solution is what pushed me the car in the first place!

I don't believe at all that we are out of line for asking questions about a XDF which I was told I could use to tune my car, and was sold. The XDF is part of the solution.

Now there is a valid question about exactly *who* has been the one generating the existing XDF... and I am pretty confident that it is Martial, for two reasons. First the GitHub clearly shows that "martialhd" has made 34 of the 34 commits. Next the person(s) who are tuning and generating the OTS maps, does not need to be the person cracking the ECU. It takes a totally different skillset to disassemble and figure out an ECU than it does for someone to tune it.

In short, I don't think we are out of line one bit for asking for clarification on the maps and what they do. I don't believe we are wrong for questioning the licensing model and the behaviors it may drive either.

With that out of the way. I absolutely appreciate having a DIY solution, even in the form it is. It's great to have people furthering the platform, and its great to (continue) to receive some support. That is better than we are with COBB at the moment.
Appreciate 1
Joey91161.00
      03-17-2017, 05:46 PM   #33
WhatsADSM
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Think about that for a second, if MHD only saved ppk .bin's, then how would people ever get back to stock after uninstalling MHD? What file would MHD flash back? Everyone would be forced to run PPK if they uninstalled MHD? Maybe MHD, or someone who was base BEFORE flashing MHD, can provide more info?

I hosted the base .bin and my ppk .bin for people to compare: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9...jhYNUQ1YmJnZDA

Here is an example of how the base.bin varies from the ppk.bin:

PPK throttle mapping vs base
Do you mind if I copy your PPK bin to that same directory where I archived off the BMS tunes?
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2017, 05:57 PM   #34
WhatsADSM
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
As Joey said there's errors all over the XDF. The Y axis is g/s. Also you'll notice that the boost setpoint factor in the WGDC (spool) table is scaled incorrectly (X/16384). As it's currently scaled it would almost never be used. The correct conversion appears to be X/8192 (same as the compressor characteristic table). When using the commanded WGDC system you'll notice "boost setpoint commanded" logging parameter is not scaled to match the boost setpoint factor in the commanded wgdc table. The logged parameter needs to be multiplied by 2 to match the command wgdc table.

Logging parameter WGDC Base % is actually the cell value from the compressor characteristic table but it looks like the MAF g/s used is actually the MAF req. WGDC g/s logging parameter HOWEVER it appears the logged parameter WGDC Base % is scaled like Cobb. If you change the compressor table to multiply the cell value by 1.5626 you'll then be able to line up MAF req. WGDC g/s & Boost setpoint get the correct WGDC Base "%" from the compressor table.
Back to our regularly scheduled program

Yea I noticed that same 1.5626 scalar. The two tables definitely are one-and-the-same in the two software packages for sure. And the good news is both do refer to them in terms of a "base wgdc". But beyond that it does sound like at this point we aren't quite sure *exactly* how all of these tables interact together to generate the base duty cycle... and that's okay deciphering everything is a big task and we are still at a relatively early stage yet. Besides we do know that those numbers are a primary factor in the calculation of base DC, and we can get where we need to be by simply modifying them in the direction we want.

Which brings me to my next question. It sounds like we can change over to a simplified open loop commanded duty cycle model. Has anyone used this model? I am mostly curious if the commanded model is still load based at all. I.e. The throttle ultimately generates a load request, and that load request still is used to generate a variable boost setpoint, which is then looked up in the table? I would assume that is the case, but it is pretty important for people who spend a lot of time at various throttle points in boost (read those that road race like myself).
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2017, 09:05 PM   #35
rich_mane
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 335i

I'm definitely gonna step in here to try and learn a thing or two. I love the MHD platform and think it was well worth every penny.

I thought I'd be satisfied with an OTS tune for a while though, but I was wrong. I want to get my car running perfect and there's nobody I trust more to work on my car than myself lol. It would be nice to know exactly what's going on and why I get all this load and boost overshooting from the OTS maps.

Looking forward to reading whatever else comes out of this thread. Some interesting stuff so far that I'm not fully understanding, but as I try to teach myself more I'll be referencing a lot of it I'm sure.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2017, 08:34 PM   #36
bahn
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Found the correct conversion factor for the oil pressure set point table.

Set the cell value conversion to X*0.0145038

The raw value is in millipascal's this will convert it to PSI. The X axis is RPM and the Y axis is coolant or oil temp (c). Haven't had a chance to determine which yet for sure but my guess is oil.

Last edited by bahn; 03-18-2017 at 09:02 PM..
Appreciate 3
bbnks21206.50
Joey91161.00
JETmn245.00
      03-18-2017, 10:14 PM   #37
bbnks2
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsADSM View Post
Do you mind if I copy your PPK bin to that same directory where I archived off the BMS tunes?
Yeah sure it's just the stock .bin
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2017, 10:22 PM   #38
bbnks2
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Found the correct conversion factor for the oil pressure set point table.

Set the cell value conversion to X*0.0145038

The raw value is in millipascal's this will convert it to PSI. The X axis is RPM and the Y axis is coolant or oil temp (c). Haven't had a chance to determine which yet for sure but my guess is oil.

The z axis of that table is reflecting psi? So 36psi at idle and 80psi at 5500+ rpm? I'm asking because of the other thread you replied to...
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2017, 10:40 PM   #39
bahn
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The z axis of that table is reflecting psi? So 36psi at idle and 80psi at 5500+ rpm? I'm asking because of the other thread you replied to...
I believe so, I'm not sure how accurately the oil pressure can be controlled though. My pressures do seem to run higher but I wonder if that's something Ken modified in my tune from him. I'd love to see what others are getting for oil pressure.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2017, 10:54 PM   #40
bbnks2
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I believe so, I'm not sure how accurately the oil pressure can be controlled though. My pressures do seem to run higher but I wonder if that's something Ken modified in my tune from him. I'd love to see what others are getting for oil pressure.
Y axis is definetly oil temp based on what I've seen. The application and range also makes sense for it to be oil temp.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2017, 08:54 AM   #41
bahn
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I found another table which appears identical to "Commanded WGDC (requires switch)". It's actually directly before it in the bin and identical. I'm not sure why it exists yet but I'll do some testing shortly of the commanded wgdc system. It could be a fail safe or limp map.

Add the following to your XDF directly below the existing "Commanded WGDC (requires switch)" entry:

Code:
  <XDFTABLE uniqueid="0x0" flags="0x0">
    <title>Commanded WGDC (2) (requires switch) Y (autogen)</title>
    <CATEGORYMEM index="0" category="1" />
    <CATEGORYMEM index="1" category="3" />
    <CATEGORYMEM index="2" category="4" />
    <XDFAXIS id="x" uniqueid="0x0">
      <EMBEDDEDDATA mmedelementsizebits="16" mmedmajorstridebits="-32" mmedminorstridebits="0" />
      <indexcount>22</indexcount>
      <datatype>0</datatype>
      <unittype>0</unittype>
      <DALINK index="0" />
      <LABEL index="0" value="0.00" />
      <LABEL index="1" value="0.00" />
      <LABEL index="2" value="0.00" />
      <LABEL index="3" value="0.00" />
      <LABEL index="4" value="0.00" />
      <LABEL index="5" value="0.00" />
      <LABEL index="6" value="0.00" />
      <LABEL index="7" value="0.00" />
      <LABEL index="8" value="0.00" />
      <LABEL index="9" value="0.00" />
      <LABEL index="10" value="0.00" />
      <LABEL index="11" value="0.00" />
      <LABEL index="12" value="0.00" />
      <LABEL index="13" value="0.00" />
      <LABEL index="14" value="0.00" />
      <LABEL index="15" value="0.00" />
      <LABEL index="16" value="0.00" />
      <LABEL index="17" value="0.00" />
      <LABEL index="18" value="0.00" />
      <LABEL index="19" value="0.00" />
      <LABEL index="20" value="0.00" />
      <LABEL index="21" value="0.00" />
      <MATH equation="X">
        <VAR id="X" />
      </MATH>
    </XDFAXIS>
    <XDFAXIS id="y" uniqueid="0x0">
      <EMBEDDEDDATA mmedelementsizebits="16" mmedmajorstridebits="-32" mmedminorstridebits="0" />
      <indexcount>1</indexcount>
      <datatype>0</datatype>
      <unittype>0</unittype>
      <DALINK index="0" />
      <MATH equation="X">
        <VAR id="X" />
      </MATH>
    </XDFAXIS>
    <XDFAXIS id="z">
      <EMBEDDEDDATA mmedtypeflags="0x02" mmedaddress="0x187432" mmedelementsizebits="16" mmedrowcount="1" mmedcolcount="22" mmedmajorstridebits="0" mmedminorstridebits="0" />
      <decimalpl>3</decimalpl>
      <min>0.000000</min>
      <max>255.000000</max>
      <outputtype>1</outputtype>
      <MATH equation="X/16384">
        <VAR id="X" />
      </MATH>
    </XDFAXIS>
  </XDFTABLE>
    <title>Commanded WGDC (#2) (requires switch) X (autogen)</title>
      <indexcount>16</indexcount>
      <datatype>0</datatype>
      <unittype>0</unittype>
      <DALINK index="0" />
      <MATH equation="X">
        <VAR id="X" />
      </MATH>
    </XDFAXIS>
      <datatype>0</datatype>
      <unittype>0</unittype>
      <DALINK index="0" />
      <MATH equation="X">
        <VAR id="X" />
      </MATH>
    </XDFAXIS>
    <XDFAXIS id="z">
      <EMBEDDEDDATA mmedtypeflags="0x02" mmedaddress="0x18745E" mmedelementsizebits="16" mmedrowcount="1" mmedcolcount="16" mmedmajorstridebits="0" mmedminorstridebits="0" />
      <units>RPM</units>
      <decimalpl>0</decimalpl>
      <min>0.000000</min>
      <max>255.000000</max>
      <outputtype>2</outputtype>
      <MATH equation="X">
        <VAR id="X" />
      </MATH>
    </XDFAXIS>
  </XDFTABLE>
  <XDFTABLE uniqueid="0x530" flags="0x0">
    <title>Commanded WGDC (#2) (requires switch)</title>
    <description>ATL-Regler - Vorsteuerung ohne Höheneinfluss
KF_ATLVST_NKW</description>
      <EMBEDDEDDATA mmedtypeflags="0x02" mmedaddress="0x18745E" mmedelementsizebits="16" mmedcolcount="16" mmedmajorstridebits="0" mmedminorstridebits="0" />
      <units>RPM</units>
      <decimalpl>0</decimalpl>
      <embedinfo type="1" />
      <datatype>0</datatype>
      <unittype>0</unittype>
      <DALINK index="0" />
      <MATH equation="X">
        <VAR id="X" />
      </MATH>
    </XDFAXIS>
      <EMBEDDEDDATA mmedtypeflags="0x02" mmedaddress="0x187432" mmedelementsizebits="16" mmedcolcount="22" mmedmajorstridebits="0" mmedminorstridebits="0" />
      <decimalpl>3</decimalpl>
      <embedinfo type="1" />
      <datatype>0</datatype>
      <unittype>0</unittype>
      <DALINK index="0" />
        <VAR id="X" />
      </MATH>
    </XDFAXIS>
    <XDFAXIS id="z">
      <EMBEDDEDDATA mmedtypeflags="0x02" mmedaddress="0x18747E" mmedelementsizebits="16" mmedrowcount="22" mmedcolcount="16" mmedmajorstridebits="0" mmedminorstridebits="0" />
      <decimalpl>2</decimalpl>
      <min>0.000000</min>
      <max>255.000000</max>
      <MATH equation="X*100/65536">
        <VAR id="X" />
      </MATH>
    </XDFAXIS>
  </XDFTABLE>
I'll start a github fork of Martials XDF so we can just work off of that. Here's what the new table looks like:
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2017, 09:30 AM   #42
WhatsADSM
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I found another table which appears identical to "Commanded WGDC (requires switch)". It's actually directly before it in the bin and identical. I'm not sure why it exists yet but I'll do some testing shortly of the commanded wgdc system. It could be a fail safe or limp map.

Add the following to your XDF directly below the existing "Commanded WGDC (requires switch)" entry:

Code:
    <title>Commanded WGDC (2) (requires switch) Y (autogen)</title>
      <datatype>0</datatype>
      <unittype>0</unittype>
      <DALINK index="0" />
      <LABEL index="16" value="0.00" />
      <LABEL index="17" value="0.00" />
      <LABEL index="18" value="0.00" />
      <LABEL index="19" value="0.00" />
      <LABEL index="20" value="0.00" />
      <LABEL index="21" value="0.00" />
      <MATH equation="X">
        <VAR id="X" />
      </MATH>
    </XDFAXIS>
      <datatype>0</datatype>
      <unittype>0</unittype>
      <DALINK index="0" />
      <MATH equation="X">
        <VAR id="X" />
      </MATH>
    </XDFAXIS>
    <XDFAXIS id="z">
      <EMBEDDEDDATA mmedtypeflags="0x02" mmedaddress="0x187432" mmedelementsizebits="16" mmedrowcount="1" mmedcolcount="22" mmedmajorstridebits="0" mmedminorstridebits="0" />
      <decimalpl>3</decimalpl>
      <min>0.000000</min>
      <max>255.000000</max>
        <VAR id="X" />
      </MATH>
    </XDFAXIS>
  </XDFTABLE>
    <title>Commanded WGDC (#2) (requires switch) X (autogen)</title>
      <datatype>0</datatype>
      <unittype>0</unittype>
      <DALINK index="0" />
      <MATH equation="X">
        <VAR id="X" />
      </MATH>
    </XDFAXIS>
      <datatype>0</datatype>
      <unittype>0</unittype>
      <DALINK index="0" />
      <MATH equation="X">
        <VAR id="X" />
      </MATH>
    </XDFAXIS>
    <XDFAXIS id="z">
      <EMBEDDEDDATA mmedtypeflags="0x02" mmedaddress="0x18745E" mmedelementsizebits="16" mmedrowcount="1" mmedcolcount="16" mmedmajorstridebits="0" mmedminorstridebits="0" />
      <units>RPM</units>
      <decimalpl>0</decimalpl>
      <min>0.000000</min>
      <max>255.000000</max>
      <MATH equation="X">
        <VAR id="X" />
      </MATH>
    </XDFAXIS>
  </XDFTABLE>
  <XDFTABLE uniqueid="0x530" flags="0x0">
    <title>Commanded WGDC (#2) (requires switch)</title>
    <description>ATL-Regler - Vorsteuerung ohne Höheneinfluss
KF_ATLVST_NKW</description>
      <EMBEDDEDDATA mmedtypeflags="0x02" mmedaddress="0x18745E" mmedelementsizebits="16" mmedcolcount="16" mmedmajorstridebits="0" mmedminorstridebits="0" />
      <units>RPM</units>
      <decimalpl>0</decimalpl>
      <embedinfo type="1" />
      <datatype>0</datatype>
      <unittype>0</unittype>
      <DALINK index="0" />
      <MATH equation="X">
        <VAR id="X" />
      </MATH>
    </XDFAXIS>
      <EMBEDDEDDATA mmedtypeflags="0x02" mmedaddress="0x187432" mmedelementsizebits="16" mmedcolcount="22" mmedmajorstridebits="0" mmedminorstridebits="0" />
      <decimalpl>3</decimalpl>
      <embedinfo type="1" />
      <datatype>0</datatype>
      <unittype>0</unittype>
      <DALINK index="0" />
        <VAR id="X" />
      </MATH>
    </XDFAXIS>
    <XDFAXIS id="z">
      <EMBEDDEDDATA mmedtypeflags="0x02" mmedaddress="0x18747E" mmedelementsizebits="16" mmedrowcount="22" mmedcolcount="16" mmedmajorstridebits="0" mmedminorstridebits="0" />
      <decimalpl>2</decimalpl>
      <min>0.000000</min>
      <max>255.000000</max>
      <MATH equation="X*100/65536">
        <VAR id="X" />
      </MATH>
    </XDFAXIS>
  </XDFTABLE>
I'll start a github fork of Martials XDF so we can just work off of that. Here's what the new table looks like:
I never did get a chance to talk to him about commiting back to his GitHub. I agree setup the fork for now that seems like a good idea.

As for these tables, how are you finding them? Are you just scanning the bin for a pattern? Do you have a damos file? Feel free to PM me if you want to chat privately.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2017, 10:27 AM   #43
bahn
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsADSM View Post
I never did get a chance to talk to him about commiting back to his GitHub. I agree setup the fork for now that seems like a good idea.

As for these tables, how are you finding them? Are you just scanning the bin for a pattern? Do you have a damos file? Feel free to PM me if you want to chat privately.
Pretty much, I was looking in the bin at the commanded wastegate tables with a hex editor and noticed this identical table immediately before the defined table. I spent a couple hours this morning on the commanded wastegate system. I think I've got it pretty well figured out. I'll make another post later today once I confirm operation.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2017, 10:48 AM   #44
WhatsADSM
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Pretty much, I was looking in the bin at the commanded wastegate tables with a hex editor and noticed this identical table immediately before the defined table. I spent a couple hours this morning on the commanded wastegate system. I think I've got it pretty well figured out. I'll make another post later today once I confirm operation.
Perfect. Thanks!
Appreciate 0