E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > 30FC and CDA9 after Car Repaired????

07-15-2016, 10:23 AM   #1
Izero
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335Xi - Alpine White

30FC and CDA9 after Car Repaired????

So I was just driving to work today and I was attempting to merge into traffic, so I went close to WOT and got a half-CEL

Ended up pulling the codes from the JB4 Interface and came up with:

CDA9 - Can't find a description of this, but I saw that it is related to the climate control system....?

30FC - Exhaust Fume turbo charger, density.

I just got the car back from a body shop after I got rear-ended.

The Exhaust had to be completely replaced up to the down-pipes [ended up putting the BMW Performance exhaust on] and the bumper reinforcement and a bunch of the heat shields had to be repaired. I'm not sure if they took the downpipes off and maybe put them back in a position that maybe they are messing with the turbo wastegates? or maybe the collision messed up the wastegates?

I'm a little concerned that these two errors aren't even remotely related that I can figure out... so any thoughts will help...

Does anyone have any ideas what could be going on here?
      07-15-2016, 03:39 PM   #2
Izero
Private First Class
Rep

Add 29D2 to the list of codes too
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2016, 08:45 AM   #3
Izero
Private First Class
Rep

92 views and no one has any thoughts on this?

Car went right back to the dealer, been wondering all weekend what the chances are of this being caused by the repair or getting rear ended in the first place...

I can't seem to find anything that would cause me think that the first two codes are related, but who knows?
      07-25-2016, 09:53 AM   #4
Izero
Private First Class
Rep

So car went to the dealer got it back after they replaced some vacuum line that attached to one of those two little black canisters on the front passenger side of the engine bay...

Car ran decent and a few days later under WOT same code popped up with a 1/2 CEL. Code was 30FC

Dealer is saying that that code is a cylinder 6 misfire, but that's definitely not the code for a Cylinder 6 misfire... so they are probably going to try and blame this all on the #6 coil being bad... which granted might need to be replaced, but I don't think it would cause that code to pop up...?

I didn't have a chance to get a datalog, but it felt like boost built slowly, and then after 5k RPM you could feel a the engine almost misfiring... likely pulling timing.

IATs were a little high b/c of the ambient heat, but not drastically over temp for summer time....

Car's back at the dealer now, but I'm definitely stumped as to what it could be....

When I got rear ended before all of this the entire exhaust got smashed up pretty bad, is it possible that the turbo/wastegate or something else got damaged?

Still open to any thoughts on this one.
      07-27-2016, 01:30 PM   #5
Izero
Private First Class
Rep

So Dealer called and said the Turbos need to be replaced... said it was possibly from being rear ended, as the Exhaust system took the brunt of the hit...