E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Actor's Audi R8 gets kicked for loud exhaust

08-20-2018, 02:38 PM   #67
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
I drive forward, and that’s when he back kicks my car.
"It was at that moment when they both decided to push their Real-O-Meter into the red....."
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
P111523.50
pz6193269.50
      08-21-2018, 07:35 AM   #68
termigni
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: S2000, MacanS, M4CS

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Naah, the boy you're responding to is spot on. You're a LOSER for revving your old ass R8 around town, and you're a LOSER for kicking someone else's car (unless justified, as per my previous response).

My brother has an R8 GT and if you're familiar with Sloane Street, would never be the person to rev it, floor it or do anything obnoxiously antisocial like that. If he did, I'd have a serious word with him.
My sister has a McLaren 720S and if you are familiar with River Road, people, including cops, throw money for you to rev it, floor it and do everything to make a scene. If she didn't, I'd have a serious word with her.

what's the relevancy of you naming your street that no one knows? I don't live there, probably will never go near there. everyone's neighbor is different you can keep that quite street to yourself.

Also to point out to those who are too cool to rev their cars; I wonder why all these high-end car/motorcycle manufacturers are milking off on "performance" exhausts... may be there is a HUGE market for it? I know most of the buyers don't take their vehicles to track neither.

that white dude was out to cause trouble regardless of the Asian guy revving or not. the white dude was calling him "gay" in SF. He deserved to have his ass kicked right in front of his daughter.

2018 ///M2 LCI, Metallic Orange, 6MT, Exec Pkg, Apple.. Sold

Instagram: Tommys911
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2018, 08:44 AM   #69
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Pretty sure people know Sloane Street.
Appreciate 2
P111523.50
Viffermike1753.00
      08-21-2018, 09:57 AM   #70
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by termigni View Post
My sister has a McLaren 720S and if you are familiar with River Road, people, including cops, throw money for you to rev it, floor it and do everything to make a scene. If she didn't, I'd have a serious word with her.

what's the relevancy of you naming your street that no one knows? I don't live there, probably will never go near there. everyone's neighbor is different you can keep that quite street to yourself.

Also to point out to those who are too cool to rev their cars; I wonder why all these high-end car/motorcycle manufacturers are milking off on "performance" exhausts... may be there is a HUGE market for it? I know most of the buyers don't take their vehicles to track neither.

that white dude was out to cause trouble regardless of the Asian guy revving or not. the white dude was calling him "gay" in SF. He deserved to have his ass kicked right in front of his daughter.
My apologies for assuming folks are somewhat worldly: Sloane Street is a well-known street in central London. Unfortunately, it attracts young males with expensive vehicles, often fitted with obnoxious exhaust systems. They do nothing but go up and down this street in an attempt to show off to 12-year olds, at wide open throttle. It's obnoxious, anti-social behavior that leads to people get incredibly annoyed. It's a residential area, and listening to fools like this day and night is enough to send anyone over the edge.

Revving your engine in public is obnoxious, childlike behavior. Save that for a car show. And your note around aftermarket, performance exhaust is irrelevant: there is a difference between having performance exhaust and sitting still in traffic on a busy street, just revving the bollocks out of your car.
Appreciate 1
Red Bread4462.00
      08-21-2018, 11:05 AM   #71
termigni
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: S2000, MacanS, M4CS

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
My apologies for assuming folks are somewhat worldly: Sloane Street is a well-known street in central London. Unfortunately, it attracts young males with expensive vehicles, often fitted with obnoxious exhaust systems. They do nothing but go up and down this street in an attempt to show off to 12-year olds, at wide open throttle. It's obnoxious, anti-social behavior that leads to people get incredibly annoyed. It's a residential area, and listening to fools like this day and night is enough to send anyone over the edge.

Revving your engine in public is obnoxious, childlike behavior. Save that for a car show. And your note around aftermarket, performance exhaust is irrelevant: there is a difference between having performance exhaust and sitting still in traffic on a busy street, just revving the bollocks out of your car.
would you kick one of those cars just because they are obnoxiously loud and annoying to your ears? It takes a real a$shole/loser/lowlife to actually go over to the $100k+ car and kick it. Normal folks would just get annoyed and walk away, or worst case, call the cops and let the authority handle it. So back to my point, that white dude is the loser along with the other white dude that jumped in. They deserved ass kicking that they got.

2018 ///M2 LCI, Metallic Orange, 6MT, Exec Pkg, Apple.. Sold

Instagram: Tommys911
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2018, 11:10 AM   #72
BayE30
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 E90 M3 ZCP

the location that this happened is downtown San Mateo, CA. The area is a cross section between the older conservative white generations, and the younger more flamboyant asian population. I have been harassed by the older generations for something as simple as crossing the street outside of a cross walk... this video is a common scene in my opinion, next time i have the m3 down there i will have to give it a couple blips to remind the old guys who is taking over their "turf".
      08-21-2018, 11:13 AM   #73
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by termigni View Post
would you kick one of those cars just because they are obnoxiously loud and annoying to your ears? It takes a real a$shole/loser/lowlife to actually go over to the $100k+ car and kick it. Normal folks would just get annoyed and walk away, or worst case, call the cops and let the authority handle it. So back to my point, that white dude is the loser along with the other white dude that jumped in. They deserved ass kicking that they got.
I'd find another way to express the fact that I'm not impressed by childish behavior like that.

Fact of the matter is, we're dealing with two losers here. Is one a bigger loser than the other? Sure.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2018, 12:42 PM   #74
JasonCSU
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i, '88 325is

Garage List
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
I thought we were all car enthusiasts around here who enjoy the sound of a nice engine and exhaust combo?

I suppose it depends on how one is revving the engine. It doesn't bother me when someone blips their throttle once or twice while sitting at a stoplight or rolling down the street. On the other hand, if someone was standing on the throttle and bouncing it off the rev limiter, yeah that would certainly be obnoxious. I typically only see/hear guys with sport bikes engaging in the later behavior.