E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Actor's Audi R8 gets kicked for loud exhaust

07-11-2018, 06:20 PM   #45
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never_Enough View Post
What if the guy that kicks your car is armed? Yea, go ahead & try t play tough guy then.

I carry. I cannot go around trying to assault people over everything. EVen if my car was kicked. Not that I would without being armed anyway, but what happens if my gun comes out of the holster & the other guy grabs it or my shirt simply comes up exposing it? Then it might come down to me actually having to draw. Easy to avoid anything like that by simply calling the cops. That's what they are there for. The car can be fixed. It's not worth the potential terrible things that could happen.
I don't see how anything I said, conveyed me trying to act tough. Projection? probably. Anyways, I don't care.

So whats the alternate, just let everyone wrong you? Never stand up for yourself or property? Whats worth it? Whats not worth it? Gotta assess the situation. Moreover, I guess my post was polar because, I would hate to be in that situation. Like why the fuck is the world like this? SMH.
Appreciate 1
      07-11-2018, 06:27 PM   #46
FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328d Wagon, M2 Comp, i4 eD35

Garage List
Quote:
So fist fights is the way to go? Come on. We have all gotten angry at times, rightfully so, but 99% of the time that is not the way to solve things.

Maybe I'm just an adult as the last time I got into a fight was HS. I'm almost 40 now...
Now where did I say physical fighting was the way to go? Never said such a thing.

Now I DID say that the police aren't there for handling a passerby that vandalizes your car and walks off. As seen plainly here, unless you keep the guy there by escalating things, by either getting into a shouting match and scaring people, or turning it into a hands on event (battery), they're going to tell you to try to deal with it peacefully yourself, even in San Mateo.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2018, 06:56 PM   #47
CigarPundit
On the road to serfdom
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 DCT, 2019 Raptor

Garage List
2018 F80 M3 DCT  [0.00]
Speaking in absolutes is problematic. I think it’s very context specific. I don’t go around getting into fights, but I don’t let people walk all over me either. One time a guy was hitting on my fiancé in a bar. I firmly told him to knock it off. A few minutes later, the guy comes into the pool table room, comes at me with a pool cue, and hits me with it. So yeah, I decked him, and then the bar tender threw him out. Because he was a douche. I think what the guy with the R8 did was understandable. That said, I agree that we should avoid resorting to violence and behave like adults.

I would also point out that there is a difference between deciding whether to shoot a guy and reacting physically with your fists. It is definitely a different scenario when you are packing.
SaMaster144317.50
shmad111.50
      07-11-2018, 08:49 PM   #48
CigarPundit
On the road to serfdom
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 DCT, 2019 Raptor

Garage List
2018 F80 M3 DCT  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
I find LA very different. Besides a few small areas, everyone is rather materialistic. People want fancy clothes, cars and everyone wants to look pretty.

In SF, a lot of girls go out without make up and wear mismatched clothing - it looks like they just woke up and walked out the door. I rarely see a girl in LA without make up and fully dressed up.

Like you said, if someone really wants to save the environment in a non-show off way, get a inexpensive fuel efficient car like a Corolla and drive it until the doors fall off.
Exactly. Or use public transportation, or forego the private jet, or the big energy-sucking house, etc. etc. I really can’t stand hypocritical virtue signaling.
      07-12-2018, 03:03 AM   #49
M3_WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Isn’t kicking someone’s car basically saying I want to fight you. What did the guy expect?

Basically equivalent to some guy spitting in your face as you walk by. Why else would you do that, unless you are looking to brawl.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2018, 03:41 PM   #50
NoMoreAudi
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F86

Garage List
2019 X6M  [0.00]
Quote:
THat's part of my point, CA nazi state doesn't let you carry so let's go kick cars. Carrying or not, stupid is stupid.

So calling cops would do nothing? Then fire that police force or move. Regardless, fist fight or shoot out is not the way to go either.
lol. As a CCW holder, you should know of all people, that the police can't be relied on. Fire the police force? How does one go about doing that?

I agree though, hitting the instigator may not have been the best move, but would you really let some schmuck back kick your car and walk away?
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2018, 04:13 PM   #51
joooiiiiii
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3 ZCP

I'm from California and I can attest that if anyone kicks another persons car--expect some drama, whether it be an ass kicking or whatever. Especially in the Bay Area.
Appreciate 1
      07-12-2018, 07:02 PM   #52
FC4
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreAudi View Post
I agree though, hitting the instigator may not have been the best move, but would you really let some schmuck back kick your car and walk away?
Yes because I have a lot to lose. The type of person who would do such a thing is not someone I acknowledge in day-to-day life. It's completely subconscious, but if I have nothing to gain from you in any way, I look through you.

Had I been in the exact situation right up to the kick (sans the dialogue prior since I wouldn't engage), the best possible outcome for me would have been to ignore and move on. Otherwise, get out of the car and do what...detain him until the police arrive? Then what? How do I benefit from him being cited or charged with anything? I'd also miss or be late to whatever my destination would have been. On top of that, being involved in some sort of altercation with police and in an area where many people know me just sounds so...plebeian.

Fight? Sure...say he falls and cracks his head open on the sidewalk then dies. At best, my life just turned upside-down for the foreseeable future. Even worse, perhaps I get tackled similarly and bust up my watch on the concrete. I just ruined a piece that my grandson would have worn over a possible mark on my Ferrari or Porsche which I won't have 3 years from now.

But, sure...if I had nothing to lose from any and all possible outcomes, I would act differently.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2018, 02:03 PM   #53
JsL
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW M3 ZCP

At a car event and a R8 is annoyingly revving like mad. Reminded me of this post. Haha
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2018, 02:06 PM   #54
10"
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: orange BMW 1M.

losers:
Loser R8 owner
Loser who kicked R8

winner:
Camera guy (lol)
eluded2938.00
King Rudi13147.00
      08-20-2018, 10:43 AM   #55
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

What a bunch of losers. I'd never kick another man's car, but this whole revving your car like a f'in asshole certainly makes me want to. It's annoying. Same goes for guys on Harleys, kids in ricer Civics, etc. It's impresses absolutely NO ONE and just pisses people off.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13147.00
      08-20-2018, 11:37 AM   #56
secretsquirrel
Colonel
Rep
Drives: f80

Dude deserved to get his ass handed to him. You dont kick a mans car without expecting retaliation. Women sing songs about messing up mens cars, this behavior is outside of the man code, especially if the guy was simply revving his car.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2018, 12:11 PM   #57
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
What a bunch of losers. I'd never kick another man's car, but this whole revving your car like a f'in asshole certainly makes me want to. It's annoying. Same goes for guys on Harleys, kids in ricer Civics, etc. It's impresses absolutely NO ONE and just pisses people off.
Agreed. We live close to a secondary intersection and after getting my three year old to sleep a few weeks ago, some asshat on a motorcycle revved his little shit mobile endlessly because he wanted to turn right while someone was going straight from the right lane.

If I didn't really like my highball glasses I would have beaned that idiot in the helmet with my G&T.
Appreciate 1
P111523.50
      08-20-2018, 12:18 PM   #58
termigni
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: S2000, MacanS, M4CS

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10" View Post
losers:
Loser R8 owner
Loser who kicked R8

winner:
Camera guy (lol)
um ok let me kick your 1M and see how you'd react. I bet you ain't going to be as cool as how you typed your reply in front of your screen.

2018 ///M2 LCI, Metallic Orange, 6MT, Exec Pkg, Apple.. Sold

Instagram: Tommys911
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2018, 12:51 PM   #59
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Agreed. We live close to a secondary intersection and after getting my three year old to sleep a few weeks ago, some asshat on a motorcycle revved his little shit mobile endlessly because he wanted to turn right while someone was going straight from the right lane.

If I didn't really like my highball glasses I would have beaned that idiot in the helmet with my G&T.
I wouldn't have blamed you.

What annoys me about the video also is that we only see one side of the story. The man had his kid with him. I bet you anything something happened with or to the kid for the father to kick the Audi. Was he crossing the street and the Audi almost hit them, then revved his engine in an obnoxious fashion? Did the father ask he Audi driver to stop revving his engine because it scared his kid?

I just don't see a man run into traffic to kick a car because the driver was revving his engine like a little girl starving for attention.
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13147.00
Red Bread4462.00
      08-20-2018, 01:03 PM   #60
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

I would need to know more to formulate an opinion on this. I will say that I have almost wailed on people for incidents involving my car, however; I would not go and beat someone down in front of their kid.

If it were as simple as engine revving and someone kicking the car: 1. the asshat revving car shouldn't be a douche. 2. Kicker of said car should have been able to overlook the asshattery going on. End of story.

The only real lesson here was to the child of the punching bag. She will probably never date a guy who drives an audi, asians or take her boyfriends home to meet her father.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2018, 01:27 PM   #61
10"
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: orange BMW 1M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by termigni View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10" View Post
losers:
Loser R8 owner
Loser who kicked R8

winner:
Camera guy (lol)
um ok let me kick your 1M and see how you'd react. I bet you ain't going to be as cool as how you typed your reply in front of your screen.
You may be the type of "bro" who sits around revving in city centers to get attention; but I am not.
      08-20-2018, 01:36 PM   #62
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by termigni View Post
Naah, the boy you're responding to is spot on. You're a LOSER for revving your old ass R8 around town, and you're a LOSER for kicking someone else's car (unless justified, as per my previous response).

My brother has an R8 GT and if you're familiar with Sloane Street, would never be the person to rev it, floor it or do anything obnoxiously antisocial like that. If he did, I'd have a serious word with him.
Appreciate 1
10"4935.50
      08-20-2018, 01:47 PM   #63
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Here is the driver telling his side of the story:

“On July 7 about 6:30 p.m., I recall revving my engine twice down B Street in San Mateo, I was showing the passenger of my vehicle what it sounded like — this was the first time he has been in my car since some minor modifications. We drove not two blocks from where my passenger got into the vehicle.

“I first noticed the guy while he was yelling ‘fu*k you’ and flipping me off from the sidewalk. He was walking parallel to my driving direction. We had the incoming traffic lane and the lane of parked cars between me and him. I was driving at very low speeds due to traffic in downtown San Mateo. Already I knew he was probably pissed because of the exhaust sounds. In my mind, him engaging me is OK since I may have caused him to be upset.

“He came into sight again when I was in the first position at a red light waiting to make a left turn. He is on my left, and the incoming traffic lane is now the only distance between me and him. Light turns green, I proceed forward but yielding to incoming traffic, now he begins to cross the street, we are still parallel as my car is still facing the same direction.

“As he crossed the street, he kept taunting me, asking if I was gay, if my male passenger was my girlfriend, and I responded, ‘No, but if you keep taking I’ll end up making you my girlfriend.’ At this moment I noticed his daughter was walking alongside of him, and this guy is still acting out; now I’m verbalizing ‘Don’t be stupid in front of your daughter… don’t set that type of example… look at what you are doing in front of your child… it’s not worth it,’ etc.

“Once the incoming cars clear, I begin my left turn, my car is now almost fully facing the street I was turning towards, and I come to a complete stop while yielding to pedestrians from both my left and right crossing the street.

“He is on path to cross in front of my car, as he does, he actually stops and continues the harassment. The pedestrians to my right have all cleared my path, and he is still dead center in front of my car talking trash while holding his kid’s hand; I am sitting laughing and making jokes with my friend inside the car, mainly about how much of a dirtbag this guy is, to be so low in front of his child. I tell the guy who is in front of my car ‘Keep moving, you salty prick!’ He mumbled some more, then proceeds to clear my path. As he clears my path, I drive forward, and that’s when he back kicks my car. I heard the impact, and I was in complete disbelief, but right away I pull over, relatively away from the original position of being in the middle of the intersection, so at least traffic can still proceed behind my car.

“My first thought is to get out to check my car, so I did. Next, I needed to have a chat with this guy and detain him for the police, so I can press charges for vandalism. As I approached him, he extended his hand as if he was going to strike me, and instinct kicked in from that point forward.

“That’s not the end of it, right when the fight starts, some guy out of the blue tackles me… and he is claiming he is just breaking up the fight? Really? You break up a fight by doing a flying blindside tackle?

“The police arrived on the scene in less than five minutes, they go through the formalities, then essentially tells me, ‘If you press charges on him, he will do the same to you.’ No one pressed charges.”

And so I rest my case: we are dealing with LOSERS on both sides...
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2018, 01:50 PM   #64
JamesWWIII
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 440i Coupe

Garage List
Kicking someone's car for their revving the engine in public is no more "justified" than knocking a phone out of someone's hand for talking too loudly in public. Willful damage of property that doesn't belong to you is never justifiable.
Appreciate 1
      08-20-2018, 01:52 PM   #65
JamesWWIII
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 440i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
And so I rest my case: we are dealing with LOSERS on both sides...
Yeah, except one loser was a father with his child present. He wins the prize for biggest LOSER in this incident, hands down.
Appreciate 1
      08-20-2018, 02:23 PM   #66
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesWWIII View Post
Kicking someone's car for their revving the engine in public is no more "justified" than knocking a phone out of someone's hand for talking too loudly in public. Willful damage of property that doesn't belong to you is never justifiable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesWWIII View Post
Yeah, except one loser was a father with his child present. He wins the prize for biggest LOSER in this incident, hands down.
I am not disagreeing with you there. We have loser and bigger loser, for sure.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13147.00